Bills vs Sabres

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have gutless,amateur no talent players !You have punks like Vanek,Miller,

Nice scouting for talent Darcy !

If the rest of our players had HALF the talent and heart Vanek & Miller have we would be fighting for first place

The main problem with the Sabres in my opinion has been Regier. He lucked into the perfect storm for the 98-99 season, then proceeded to decimate the team by allowing Briere and Drury, then Campbell to walk (without even an offer being made according to Briere and Drury).

Were not Darcy's hands tied by Golisano though? He was not going to spend the $$$ to keep that team together

Edited by MarkyMannn

Were not Darcy's hands tied by Golisano though? He was not going to spend the $$$ to keep that team together

There has been speculation about that but no direct evidence.

The bottom line is that Regier is the GM. And the team has only gone downhill since he was given the job.

The team is a complete joke now and is starting a big fire sale.

How he still has a job in the NHL is a great mystery to me. He obviously sucks at it.

Rieger should have been the one fired. Watching him after the Lindy firing he seemed like a sniveling pu$$ yes man that knew he just let a buddy take the fall for him.

During Ruffs tenure in my estimation; The team has almost constantly overachieved based on their roster, the Drury/Briere years being a possible exception.

The only impact players leaving the sabres during that time who seemed to accomplish just as much afterward were Hasek and Briere? By this I am presuming this shows Ruff was able to elevate team play and get elevated play from margainal players.