Mindy McCready is dead.

Buftex

She lived the kind of hard life that most early country music singers lived. Didn't really like her music that much, but she was damn hot in her younger days. She left behind two kids. That is the true shame.

She lived the kind of hard life that most early country music singers lived. Didn't really like her music that much, but she was damn hot in her younger days. She left behind two kids. That is the true shame.

Yes...she was one of a handful of belly-button baring female singers that came out in the wake of Shania Twains' massive popularity. I worked a bit in the country music field during those years, and had the opportunity to meet her...she was very easy on the eyes, but I was never a big fan of her music. Just seems that she was troubled all her life, and "winning" her 15 minutes of fame in the Nashvile meat grinder was probably the worst thing for her...she developed a bit of a drug and alcohol problem, her label dropped her because of her erratic behavior...she had to have a legal fight with her mother for custody of her kids... and, if you recall, she was reported to have had an ongoing affair with Roger Clemens that was started when she was 15...Clemens met her in a karaoke bar. She just seemed destined for disaster...just in the last few weeks, after the "suicide" of her fiance, she had to come out to deny allegations that she was involved with his death. Coroners' will not rule his death a suicide...at least not yet. There was a shadow of suspicion on her...friends saying she was livid to find out that he was having an affair...what a mess.

The funny thing is, when the dust settles, she will probably be canonized by Nashville, and her name will be much bigger than her music warrants... as Bobby Bare once sang "Nashville is rough on the living, but speaks so well of her dead"

Edited by Buftex

based on her shooting even the dog, it may have been a real blessing that the kids were removed from the home.

Jeez...I hadn't heard that.

Was just reading something that mentioned that she was a participant (contestant?) on Dr Drew's "Celebrity Rehab"...that seems to be a kiss of death. Different topic for another thread, but Dr Drew should have his liscence taken away....

P.O.S Roger Clemens releases a statement saying "The few times we met her and her manager, they were very nice. I had heard she was trying to get her life back together...we are saddened by the news".

Way to take out the dog too Mindy...................what a POS.

Yes, she obviously was in a healthy state of mind...

Edited by Buftex

Jeez...I hadn't heard that.

Was just reading something that mentioned that she was a participant (contestant?) on Dr Drew's "Celebrity Rehab"...that seems to be a kiss of death. Different topic for another thread, but Dr Drew should have his liscence taken away....

P.O.S Roger Clemens releases a statement saying "The few times we met her and her manager, they were very nice. I had heard she was trying to get her life back together...we are saddened by the news".

well, its not a game show, mostly a straight forward rehab stint but with cameras. it seems like its a terrible way to run a rehab.... especially for cracked out celebrities that likely need to get away from the media attention and fan-star dynamics....

but id also guess that if you pick any random rehab with serious patients, that youd likewise see several deaths following patients over the years - and many of his patients (especially those that passed) seem to be pretty severe cases...

and clemens is a first rate jerk. id word it more strongly, but its a family site and all.

Edited by NoSaint

Heard.... Not her first attempt. Honestly, as terrible as it sounds, part of me is surprised she made it this long.

Rough on the kids (especially the younger - dad died a month or so ago in weird circumstances I hear)

He committed suicide on the same porch as Mindy.

I didn't hear about the dog. Sheeesh.

It seems that some of McCready's statements to the police were not adding up, regarding her boyfreinds "suicide". It was her publcists that said it was a "self inflicted gunshot" that took his life...law enforcement never realeased that as the cause of death.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20675099,00.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D271978

I think she killed him.

BTW, this is the fifth celeb to die from Celeb Rehab:

http://marquee.blogs...ears/?hpt=hp_c3

Yeah, it certainly seems like she wasn't forthcoming with the police. They said that she was never officially a suspect, but they are also quick to point out that she wasn't not "not a suspect" (tee-hee!)...investigation was ongoing. Her account of what happened the night he died changed over her talks with the police. First she said she didn't hear any shots, becasue the tv was on loud..then she changed that story...we will likely never know what really happened to him.

As for the "Celebrity Rehab" thing...like I said earlier, I think Dr Drew is a sham...I used to think he as a good guy...but that show is complete, utter, garbage.

alledgedly in some of the varied internet "reports" she killed her dog first for some reason.

Well, she couldn't really have killed the dog second, could she?

Troubled or not, people with children who kill themselves are the biggest cowards out there.