Mindy McCready is dead.

Buftex

Well, she couldn't really have killed the dog second, could she?

Troubled or not, people with children who kill themselves are the biggest cowards out there.

Well, obviously, somebody who kills their dog, or themselves isn't in the same place as you are...

Well, she couldn't really have killed the dog second, could she?

Troubled or not, people with children who kill themselves are the biggest cowards out there.

I would not say cowards. I would say troubled.

And in all honesty, as bad as it is, it might be better in some cases for the kids to get out of that situation.

Yeah, it certainly seems like she wasn't forthcoming with the police. They said that she was never officially a suspect, but they are also quick to point out that she wasn't not "not a suspect" (tee-hee!)...investigation was ongoing. Her account of what happened the night he died changed over her talks with the police. First she said she didn't hear any shots, becasue the tv was on loud..then she changed that story...we will likely never know what really happened to him.

As for the "Celebrity Rehab" thing...like I said earlier, I think Dr Drew is a sham...I used to think he as a good guy...but that show is complete, utter, garbage.

I've only watched one episode of the show. I watch little TV and zero reality TV. I only watched that because I listen to Adam Carolla's podcast all the time, and Drew was on that a number of times...........Now he's actually on Adam's podcast network a lot. They do two Loveline type shows a week, and Drew has his own podcast three times a week.

I like him on that stuff.

Anyway, he was on Adam's podcast today to talk about all this. A number of former celeb rehabbers called in. I have listened to about 2/3rds of this so far. Drew is being a little melodramatic and overly empathetic. But, they make some good points. For instance, him spending 18 days with Mindy four years ago is not exactly going to cause her death!.......He says he did talk her into checking into that hospital that she left right before she killed herself.

http://adamcarolla.com/dr-drew-7/

I've only watched one episode of the show. I watch little TV and zero reality TV. I only watched that because I listen to Adam Carolla's podcast all the time, and Drew was on that a number of times...........Now he's actually on Adam's podcast network a lot. They do two Loveline type shows a week, and Drew has his own podcast three times a week.

I like him on that stuff.

Anyway, he was on Adam's podcast today to talk about all this. A number of former celeb rehabbers called in. I have listened to about 2/3rds of this so far. Drew is being a little melodramatic and overly empathetic. But, they make some good points. For instance, him spending 18 days with Mindy four years ago is not exactly going to cause her death!.......He says he did talk her into checking into that hospital that she left right before she killed herself.

http://adamcarolla.com/dr-drew-7/

Hey BBB, I will listen to the podcast at some point...but I have not listened yet.

Yeah, I used to really enjoy "Loveline" back in the day, and have always thought Carrlola was great. I wouldn't expect Adam, or Dr Drew, to question the legitimacy of the work he has done with some of these people. But cameras add a whole new level to therapy.... you know that a fair number of these people participate on the show, because they believe it is their chance to reclaim their 15 minutes of fame.

Drew could help these people, who are seriously damaged, without exploiting their situations for money (or at least the amounts of money he is getting for the television show). I don't doubt that Dr Drew cares about people, but I seriously question his judgment, and for lack of better term, his integrity. I have adopted other issues with him (his horrendous CNN show for instance). but I think his role as "pop psychologist" has really cheapened his brand name, and exploited damaged people, whether intended or not.

"Celebrity Rehab" has, sadly, become a pop-culture punch-line for jokes, undermining whatever good he intends to do. Sorry, if am being a little melodramatic my own self, but I have issues with this guy for a while... I certainly don't hold Dr Drew responsible for for McCreadys' death (it seemed her destiny) but to pretend the presence of a camera in these treatments doesn't have an affect on their effectiveness is dis-ingenious, IMO.

Edit: listening to the pod-cast... Dr Drew making me sick right off the bat... he is blaming the press coverage of Mindy McCready for her death (or to deflect the blame from himself)....doesn't he realize that had Mindy McCready never appeared on "Celebrity Rehab" is what made the interest in her all that much more glaring....she hasn't sold records in years...she was one tawdry Ryan Clemens affair away from being completely irrelevant...in full denial mode.

Edited by Buftex

Hey BBB, I will listen to the podcast at some point...but I have not listened yet.

Yeah, I used to really enjoy "Loveline" back in the day, and have always thought Carrlola was great. I wouldn't expect Adam, or Dr Drew, to question the legitimacy of the work he has done with some of these people. But cameras add a whole new level to therapy.... you know that a fair number of these people participate on the show, because they believe it is their chance to reclaim their 15 minutes of fame.

Drew could help these people, who are seriously damaged, without exploiting their situations for money (or at least the amounts of money he is getting for the television show). I don't doubt that Dr Drew cares about people, but I seriously question his judgment, and for lack of better term, his integrity. I have adopted other issues with him (his horrendous CNN show for instance). but I think his role as "pop psychologist" has really cheapened his brand name, and exploited damaged people, whether intended or not.

"Celebrity Rehab" has, sadly, become a pop-culture punch-line for jokes, undermining whatever good he intends to do. Sorry, if am being a little melodramatic my own self, but I have issues with this guy for a while... I certainly don't hold Dr Drew responsible for for McCreadys' death (it seemed her destiny) but to pretend the presence of a camera in these treatments doesn't have an affect on their effectiveness is dis-ingenious, IMO.

Edit: listening to the pod-cast... Dr Drew making me sick right off the bat... he is blaming the press coverage of Mindy McCready for her death (or to deflect the blame from himself)....doesn't he realize that had Mindy McCready never appeared on "Celebrity Rehab" is what made the interest in her all that much more glaring....she hasn't sold records in years...she was one tawdry Ryan Clemens affair away from being completely irrelevant...in full denial mode.

The more I think of it, the more I agree with you. I didn't really know him that much until the last few years when Adam has had his podcast.

Adam is pretty brutally honest (always talks about how he can't stand Dr. Drew's wife) and he often says that Drew is all about making the buck. He says that he's had these two partners, and one (Drew) is the reason why Adam quit Loveline because he told Drew to hold the line and they'll negotiate together, and then Drew signed a contract that was way bigger than what they were offering Adam. His other partner (Jimmy Kimmel) he said would always negotiate in partnership and is super generous. When Drew was outed last year or so for taking money from pharmacy companies for mentioning them on the air, Adam's news girl had it as a story, and Adam just goes Well, we know Drew will do anything for money.

Now, I've read how outraged Drew was when reality TV started and how these shows demean the people, etc. And, then he goes and does one of the worst ones..........And, then he's claiming during that show that he'd only do it with celebrities because they are used to the camera, etc..........and, after that was taken off the air, he did it with normal people! LOL

I know when I first heard of the show (before I was tuned into the whole Carolla network), I thought this is disgusting. You can't recover with cameras rolling.

So, yeah - I would have to say that this show certainly didn't cause these deaths, but it didn't help either. And, I think Drew is basically a good guy, but he is too enamored of making money.

Jeez...I hadn't heard that.

Was just reading something that mentioned that she was a participant (contestant?) on Dr Drew's "Celebrity Rehab"...that seems to be a kiss of death. Different topic for another thread, but Dr Drew should have his liscence taken away....

P.O.S Roger Clemens releases a statement saying "The few times we met her and her manager, they were very nice. I had heard she was trying to get her life back together...we are saddened by the news".

Yes, she obviously was in a healthy state of mind...

Why?He's offering help where otherwise they may not even try. At the very least he's getting them off the crap they are on. All he can do is get them on the right path and hope they stay on treatment when they are done with the show. He can't baby sit everyone. In the case of Mcready he told her to go to the hospital after her boyfriend committed suicide. Which she did. Apparently she was worried about what the media was saying about her both about being mentally ill and her involvement in her boyfriends death. So she left. If you want to take anyone's license away it should be the whore like, exploitative media that has absolutely no decorum or ethics anymore.

Edited by Dante

Clearly troubled...

I am not aware of a word to describe it better. But, I have known someone to kill himself. The situation was amazing, I have spoke of it before. But, to spend your last minutes of life doing things we do every day - driving to a remote place in the Irish Hills of Michigan, playing George Strait - Carrying Your Love With Me, sitting on your back tailgate for a few minutes and then ending your life alone along the side of the road. I do not know what his thoughts were at the end, but I know that it was not the same person I knew and had grown up with. He had rage problems and evidence was clear he had disorders, he was bipolar, but you never saw past who he was. I imagine Mindy was often that way to people who knew her, a friend, a mother, daughter and more; if not for being famous none of us would have known her story. If not for being able to look from the outside in then we would have never seen the issues that were so clearly the problem and the addictions that brought her down. My friend was not an addict, for the record, and it made it that much harder.

As far as Dr Drew, the guy is on television to give his thoughts. That right there is pretty much all you need to know - the guy sits in front of a camera and believes his thoughts and viewpoints to be interesting.

Why?He's offering help where otherwise they may not even try. At the very least he's getting them off the crap they are on. All he can do is get them on the right path and hope they stay on treatment when they are done with the show. He can't baby sit everyone. In the case of Mcready he told her to go to the hospital after her boyfriend committed suicide. Which she did. Apparently she was worried about what the media was saying about her both about being mentally ill and her involvement in her boyfriends death. So she left. If you want to take anyone's license away it should be the whore like, exploitative media that has absolutely no decorum or ethics anymore.

Yeah, you are making the same point that Dr Drew is making....believe me, I am not saying that he is responsible for her death, but in defending his work he makes the argument (which you are repeating) that the media feeding frenzy on the tragic circumstances of the last few years of her life...but guess what Dr Drew, you are the media. I guarantee you, if Mindy McCready hadn't been on that awful show of his, having seizures, the stories of her final years would not have received near the attention they did from the tabloid media... she had a relatively small amount of success, in the early-mid-90's...she would have faded out of memory. Stories of her break with Dean Cain, teenage affair with Rodger Clemens, child custody battles id her as "country singer and "Celebrity Re-haber". Even when her boyfriend committed suicide, it was "the fiance of Mindy McCready, the country singer best known for her seaizure on Celebrity Rehab has died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound".

But she, like many of the other participants on the show, saw agreeing to go the show, to have their personal demons exploited for all the world to see, was a way to get their name out there again...and you know, it works for some of them...but it perverts the very nature of psychology.

Of course, I wouldn't expect many to be able to make the distinction, because we live in a world where nobody seems to have any notion of decorum or privacy...a world that makes celebrities out of "reality tv stars" McCready (and others) are willing to expose their warts for all the world to see, and Dr Drew is only too happy to "help" them. I am sure he has truly helped people (I have heard McKenzie Phillips, among others defend Pinsky)...but he could have done the same without the cameras, and the paychecks that no doubt accompany them.

Edited by Buftex