Possible Cheap FA Pick Ups

RK_BillsFan

Hey guys. I've been reading a ton of articles on FA's and the usual off season football literature and decided to make a small list of cheap additions that I feel wouldn't be bad and could definitely help us unload some contracts and fill some holes. Let me know what you guys think. Also sorry in advance for not saving all the related articles, I will start doing so for future posts.

Quarterback Chase Daniel -- played in NO and under Sean Payton. Might be able to be a starter for us until we get a rookie ready to go, because i can't see him being worse than fitz, although we would really be able to see at camp. ( unsure if he played while Marrone was there)

Wide Receiver Brian Hartline -- I'm not asking to drop a lot of money here, and he will probably resign with the dolphins. However he would instantly be out #2 WR coming to the Bills. I consider Stevie not a true #1, but like... a 1B becuase he makes some truly incredible plays but it's hard to judge his full potential with the coaching he's been under and the QB situation and of course his "lack of effort"?

Tight End Brandon Myers -- Could work alongside Scott Chandler, I read nothing but positive things about this guy.

Defensive End Matt Shaughnessy -- please god can we somehow get rid of Chris Kelsay's contract. I'm ok with Mark Anderson (at the moment) and kyle moore looked good as a passing down threat/ project. Shaughnessy won't command a lot of money but would be a solid option to give people rest and as depth

Cornerback E.J. Biggers - ok #2 and extremely solid #3 CB. Imo he won't require a big contract and could come here and share time with Ron Brooks until he is a bit more brought along. Could also be out #3 CB for nickle and dime packages. This would let us unload McGee who has simply seen better days. Love his effort and dire but if the body isn't willing it might be time to hang it up.

So let me know what you guys think. These are just names that i've seen pop up a lot as extremely serviceable players and I feel could be cheap enough to be worth getting.

Edited by RK_BillsFan

:blink:

Sorry wrong person, i was busy at work, and trying not to have the bosses look, i ment Chris Kelsay. Again really sry, that was was terrible mistake on my part.

His contract is slated to make $3.725 million. ( as per http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/2278/chris-kelsay)

Again REALLY sorry bout that, terrible mistake

Edited by RK_BillsFan

Sorry wrong person, i was busy at work, and trying not to have the bosses look, i ment Chris Kelsay. Again really sry, that was was terrible mistake on my part.

His contract isslated to make $3.725 million. ( as per http://www.rotoworld...78/chris-kelsay)

Again REALLY sorry bout that, terrible mistake

Haha. That adds up. Love the profuse apologies! :thumbsup:

When you highlight Kyle Williams on my original post i was like... wait... why would i type his name. I happen to think Kyle Williams is the hardest working player on the D side of the field for us. I'm extremely embarrassed have mistakenly put his name down instead of Kelsay's.

it always amazes me how often chase daniel shows up in these threads.

I take it you don't like Daniels? I've only seen him play in preseason games for the saints, but every time I watch him, he really impresses me. Seems like he has great mobility and the knack for making plays. But that's a small sample size in preseason, so intake it with a grain of salt. What can you tell me about Daniels? I'd appreciate any input.he seems like a great guy to plug in and start the season, lose lots of games and draft a great QB next year ;)

Hey guys. I've been reading a ton of articles on FA's and the usual off season football literature and decided to make a small list of cheap additions that I feel wouldn't be bad and could definitely help us unload some contracts and fill some holes. Let me know what you guys think. Also sorry in advance for not saving all the related articles, I will start doing so for future posts.

Quarterback Chase Daniel -- played in NO and under Sean Payton. Might be able to be a starter for us until we get a rookie ready to go, because i can't see him being worse than fitz, although we would really be able to see at camp. ( unsure if he played while Marrone was there)

Wide Receiver Brian Hartline -- I'm not asking to drop a lot of money here, and he will probably resign with the dolphins. However he would instantly be out #2 WR coming to the Bills. I consider Stevie not a true #1, but like... a 1B becuase he makes some truly incredible plays but it's hard to judge his full potential with the coaching he's been under and the QB situation and of course his "lack of effort"?

Tight End Brandon Myers -- Could work alongside Scott Chandler, I read nothing but positive things about this guy.

Defensive End Matt Shaughnessy -- please god can we somehow get rid of Chris Kelsay's contract. I'm ok with Mark Anderson (at the moment) and kyle moore looked good as a passing down threat/ project. Shaughnessy won't command a lot of money but would be a solid option to give people rest and as depth

Cornerback E.J. Biggers - ok #2 and extremely solid #3 CB. Imo he won't require a big contract and could come here and share time with Ron Brooks until he is a bit more brought along. Could also be out #3 CB for nickle and dime packages. This would let us unload McGee who has simply seen better days. Love his effort and dire but if the body isn't willing it might be time to hang it up.

So let me know what you guys think. These are just names that i've seen pop up a lot as extremely serviceable players and I feel could be cheap enough to be worth getting.

All great adds for low prices. I'd be happy with any and all of them. Love hartline for cheap.

When you highlight Kyle Williams on my original post i was like... wait... why would i type his name. I happen to think Kyle Williams is the hardest working player on the D side of the field for us. I'm extremely embarrassed have mistakenly put his name down instead of Kelsay's.

Very nice value list.

As for the Kyle error, it was pretty obvious who you were talking about.

Hmm not sure where you came up with Hartline and Lack of Effort. Hes a High effort guy who does everything the coaches ever ask of him and he does it with a smile on his face. Never even caused the slightest of problems.

All great adds for low prices. I'd be happy with any and all of them. Love hartline for cheap.

Hartline is asking for roughly 6.5 Million a season so not exactly cheap. Pretty sure we will end up resigning him. Not at 6.5 Mil though I hope.

all those white defensive linemen look the same to me

Edited by Meathead

"Hmm not sure where you came up with Hartline and Lack of Effort. Hes a High effort guy who does everything the coaches ever ask of him and he does it with a smile on his face. Never even caused the slightest of problems." via LandShark13

I was talking about Stevie not Hartline at that point, referencing the random dribble he managed to spew in that interview. I would be willing to give Hartline 4-5 million maybe with a performance/incentive bonus, say something like 1100 yds or 8 TDs that would gain him another million. If we got him i'd be all for drafting that WR that some people have suggested we take at #8 i forget his name i feel like it's petterson or patterson or something, don't have the time to check this morning as i actually have some work to do.

I'm thinking about restarting this page and making a list of FA's that would be at least plausible candidates to watch.

I'm okay with a few things but cheap fa pick ups usually end up as wasted cap space that could be used on potential draft prospects, especially for the positions of the fa's listed above, there is tremendous depth at DE and some at CB.

And also, ej biggers is a miserable CB. Living with two bucs fans I've watched him blow many plays in key situations and contributes solid coverage maybe once or twice a game. Huge waste of money that could be spent elsewhere.

Edited by ctk232