Mike Pettine be looking for in a safety?

bernie

Gees guys. Based on Pettine's flavor in safeties I'd have to say he prefers 4-3 linebackers at safety. That sure doesn't bode will for Byrd. He does not like the box and he does not play physical.

everything you said is not the truth. Byrd had 5 tackles for loss last year, and is mentioned as being good in run support. Anyone remember Payton Hillis try and hurdle Byrd? Didn't end well for Hillis. You also don't take into account Pettin coached the only player in the NFL, that has Byrd's same skill set. (ed reed). Reed and Byrd are the only true center fielders in the league. This does lead me to believe your right about one thing, who ever our strong safety ends up being, will be very physical.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd not phisical? Ask Welker about that.............

Referencing the stop in tracks put on during the first Buff/Pats* game this year (or last) where he got penalized for a hit on a "defenseless receiver" despite Welker tucking the ball and taking two steps upfield.

Players from his top 5 offense, yeah that'd be horrible. :death:

should been specific i suppose, i meant defensive side of the ball.

Landry would be an impact player right off, if we go with a 3 safety look.

If Bills dont retain Byrd and bring in Landry instead..

i am sooo done with this team

as for offense i haven't even taken a look to be honest

Not saying Landry isn't using PEDs but notice that Landry actually has a good frame for bulk.

He doesn't have narrow-diameter bones like a certain wideout we drafted who was masquerading as a DE.

FWIW (not much because body type is more important than height/weight) Landry is listed at 6'0" and 220.

Gees guys. Based on Pettine's flavor in safeties I'd have to say he prefers 4-3 linebackers at safety. That sure doesn't bode will for Byrd. He does not like the box and he does not play physical.

I was thinking the same thing. I could see them trade Byrds rights or let him walk and then sign Landry. Landry wants $6m per year, can we really afford two safeties in that ballpark of salary?

I was thinking the same thing. I could see them trade Byrds rights or let him walk and then sign Landry. Landry wants $6m per year, can we really afford two safeties in that ballpark of salary?

There is NO WAY they let Byrd walk.

No way what so ever

Byrd is younger than Landry and has more potential

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan