Rank The DE's in the Draft

Astrobot

I disagree with Draft Scout's rankings of the DE's. Maybe we'll crowd-source this.

Who would you move up or down, and why?

1 4 Bjoern Werner (Jr.,decl)

1 6 Barkevious Mingo

1 14 Sam Montgomery

1 18 Damontre Moore (Jr.,decl)

1 21 Sheldon Richardson (decl)

1 23 Dion Jordan

1 24 Alex Okafor

1 27 Jesse Williams

1 29 Sylvester Williams

2 46 Ezekiel Ansah

3 66 Tank Cornellius Carradine

3 84 Margus Hunt

4 116 Datone Jones

Edited by Astrobot

I'm not really a fan of any of the top DE's listed there primarily because most are undersized. How bad does Pettine want a rush OLB? I admit Ansah is a very, very intriguing prospect. It will be interesting to see where he gets picked - I expect him to shoot up the boards after the combine.

This is probably the most promising year in recent year for pass rushers... But I will go out on a limb, Ezekiel Ansah is going to end up being a Beast.

Out of the list you have in order I would say

1) Moore

2) Woerner

3) Ansah

4) Mingo

5) Dion Jordan

I think all these guys can play in the 3-4 as well as the hybrid LB

Edited by Magox

I am not sure how to grade this out.

3-4 end or 4-3.

Looks like a list of pass rushers to me.

One thing i do feel strongly about though is that... This list has a high percentage of solid, long term impact potential.

I would like us to find a defensive end and/or a pass rushing linebacker early.

I am keeping an eye on Okafor, Moore and Ansah, Hunt for fun

I disagree with Draft Scout's rankings of the DE's. Maybe we'll crowd-source this.

Who would you move up or down, and why?

1 4 Bjoern Werner (Jr.,decl)

1 6 Barkevious Mingo

1 14 Sam Montgomery

1 18 Damontre Moore (Jr.,decl)

1 21 Sheldon Richardson (decl)

1 23 Dion Jordan

1 24 Alex Okafor

1 27 Jesse Williams

1 29 Sylvester Williams

2 46 Ezekiel Ansah

3 66 Tank Cornellius Carradine

3 84 Margus Hunt

4 116 Datone Jones

Mixing 34 ends with 43 ends is dumb on their part because they play totally different so Jones, Hunt, Williams x2 and Richardson should be out. They should have included 34 OLBs bc what they really should be saying is best pass rusher therefore Jarvis Jones, Coery Lemonier, ans John Simon should be in.

About Simon; I don't why he has dropped as played well all season and pulling out of the senior bowl due to injury should have no effect to his draft status.

Also Datone Jones and Ezekiel Ansah are first rounders.

Damontre Moore should be ranked second.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I tried to rank them, then get caught up in the 4-3/3-4 de/OLB thing.

I'll rank them in order as if I were the GM of the bills and had to select bpa DL/LB

Werner

Jones

Moore

Jordan

Ogletree

Richardson

Mingo

Ansah

Montgomery.

is that Charles Barkley in your sig?

Ideally I'd prefer we pick up Matt Moore in FA so we have the luxury of picking QB at a spot more indicative of his value, but supposing we don't, and supposing his shoulder checks out by then, I think he's the least likely of the current crop to bust.

Ideally I'd prefer we pick up Matt Moore in FA so we have the luxury of picking QB at a spot more indicative of his value, but supposing we don't, and supposing his shoulder checks out by then, I think he's the least likely of the current crop to bust.

You do realize his name is Matt and Charles was a basketball player.

I tried to rank them, then get caught up in the 4-3/3-4 de/OLB thing.

I'll rank them in order as if I were the GM of the bills and had to select bpa DL/LB

Werner

Jones

Moore

Jordan

Ogletree

Richardson

Mingo

Ansah

Montgomery.

Werner is dumb as a box of rocks. I'm moving him down, Ansah up. I think Richardson is the real deal. So is Ogletree. I agree with several posters and analysts that Mingo is a chancy pick

I am keeping an eye on Okafor, Moore and Ansah, Hunt for fun

I like Okafor as well because he's versatile., and so is DC Pettine. If offenses don't know how you'll line up by the personnel you have in there, that's good for us. Okafor, of all of the players [with the exception of Jarvis Jones], shows no fall-off by placing him at another position.

This is probably the most promising year in recent year for pass rushers... But I will go out on a limb, Ezekiel Ansah is going to end up being a Beast.

Out of the list you have in order I would say

1) Moore

2) Woerner

3) Ansah

4) Mingo

5) Dion Jordan

I think all these guys can play in the 3-4 as well as the hybrid LB

Ansah looks like a special athlete, but buyer-beware: BYU did not even expect him to be a starter this year. He got the starting position when the player ahead of him was injured.

To be sure, that doesn't mean that Ansah won't be good or even very good, but it is a red-flag to me. Aaron Maybin had EXACTLY the same profile - slotted to be a backup, starter got hurt and Maybin stepped in and rang up a lot of sacks and was drafted high. We know how that ended in the NFL.

Was Ansah's success because teams had no tape on him to see his tendancies? With some playing time will the opponents figure out how to contain him or will he improve with experience?

Werner is dumb as a box of rocks. I'm moving him down, Ansah up. I think Richardson is the real deal. So is Ogletree. I agree with several posters and analysts that Mingo is a chancy pick

Oh jeez you just pissed off Ramius bc you just insulted a beloved Florida stater.

Why do you view him as dumb?

I thought Moore was handled pretty well against Lane Johnson in the Bowl game. Kinda looked like he gave up after the 1st move didn't work. I admit, I didn't see the whole game, but he didn't jump off the screen at all when I watched him.

I like Okafor as well because he's versatile., and so is DC Pettine. If offenses don't know how you'll line up by the personnel you have in there, that's good for us. Okafor, of all of the players [with the exception of Jarvis Jones], shows no fall-off by placing him at another position.

thats a good point when considering who we would potentially draft from this list. The versatilty aspect to move around during down sets, not coming off the field. Same with out next generation of mlbs. 3 down guys.

So a pass rusher who can line up from either tight, outside, standing or hand down is best case scenario.

I feel like a kitty cat because i am scared off by Jones' back. I dont want to watch that.

But he is the man i would pick. As the rest of the league would i suppose.

Old timer i wish you would avoid comparing any potential pick to a Maybin debacle.

Just upsets my stomach a bit.

We can Never afford another mistake like that on multiple levels .