New gun control thread!

We Come In Peace:

Does law define morality?

Absolutely not.

Since we're on a new page I'll just attach this question to my answer. Saves time of going back to page 16.

I am serious. In the referenced B-Man meme, it says "Do you honestly expect criminals to obey gun control laws?" and calls such thinking a "special kind of stupid".

So why do we have laws against stealing? Why bother? Thieves are going to steal anyway, right?

Here's a question...

If we can't make laws about guns because criminals won't follow them, then why do we have laws against stealing?

Why is rape against the law when everyone knows rapists are just going to rape anyway?

Well, they did say it was a special kind of stupid.

WCIP, I would like to believe that you are "playing dumb" with that response, your prior replies indicate that this is (sadly) not the case.

Here..........this link will get you started.

DIAGRAMMING SENTENCES - Guide to Grammar and Writing

Well, they did say it was a special kind of stupid.

WCIP, I would like to believe that you are "playing dumb" with that response, your prior replies indicate that this is (sadly) not the case.

Here..........this link will get you started.

DIAGRAMMING SENTENCES - Guide to Grammar and Writing

Wow. That's the biggest bull **** sidestep non answer I've ever seen. So let me ask you again.

If your argument is that we cannot legislate because criminals don't follow laws, why do we have laws at all?

See, the special kind of stupid, is making an argument like that. Meme or not, this is the lamest of the lame gun-advocate stances. You have so many other valid points to make within this debate, why continue to spread this kind of drivel that only makes your side look like crazy people?

Edited by We Come In Peace

Because you can own a gun and be a honest solid upright person,a killer and robber is not? Too simple for you?

?

No. But clearly my question was too deep for you to understand.

But your answer helps remind everyone how much of an ignorant bastard you actually are. So all robbers and killers are the same to you? That makes sense considering all homosexuals are faggots and queers to you too.

Nice work. You hit for the idiot trifecta: Ignorant, hateful, and hypocritical.

No. But clearly my question was too deep for you to understand.

But your answer helps remind everyone how much of an ignorant bastard you actually are. So all robbers and killers are the same to you? That makes sense considering all homosexuals are faggots and queers to you too.

Nice work. You hit for the idiot trifecta: Ignorant, hateful, and hypocritical.

Looks like name calling is all you got in any debate. No surprise.

Wow. That's the biggest bull **** sidestep non answer I've ever seen. So let me ask you again.

If your argument is that we cannot legislate because criminals don't follow laws, why do we have laws at all? (Hint....There's your mistake) -BMan

See, the special kind of stupid, is making an argument like that. Meme or not, this is the lamest of the lame gun-advocate stances. You have so many other valid points to make within this debate, why continue to spread this kind of drivel that only makes your side look like crazy people?

Look, obviously the fact that you cannot understand the point is very frustrating for you.

all you have left is your name calling bluster and nonsensical hypothetical BS.

I know its the weekend and you get to stay up late WCIP, but perhaps it would be best for your health if just went to bed....okay

Sleep tight.

Edited by B-Man

Looks like name calling is all you got in any debate. No surprise.

It's not name calling when it's true. If you grew up a little bit more you'd realize that. You have reveled in the fact that you are spiteful, hateful and have shown absolutely no shame in continuing to hurl unnecessary slurs around because it makes you laugh. So me pointing out your flawed logic and how that reflects on your overall ignorant view of humanity is something that I'm going to continue to do so long as you continue to be an asshat.

Look, obviously the fact that you cannot understand the point is very frustrating for you.

all you have left is your name calling bluster and nonsensical hypothetical BS.

I know its the weekend and you get to stay up late WCIP, but perhaps it would be best for your health if just went to bed....okay

Sleep tight.

And yet...

You still refuse to answer the question. Shocking. And it's me who's up past my bedtime? You're better than this. Stop being cranky and answer my question:

If we cannot make gun laws because criminals won't follow them, as you suggested in the original post above, then why do we have laws against stealing?

It's not name calling when it's true. If you grew up a little bit more you'd realize that. You have reveled in the fact that you are spiteful, hateful and have shown absolutely no shame in continuing to hurl unnecessary slurs around because it makes you laugh. So me pointing out your flawed logic and how that reflects on your overall ignorant view of humanity is something that I'm going to continue to do so long as you continue to be an asshat.

Do you only get upset when he uses slurs against homosexuals but are fine when it's grease balls?

Me personally? It's not about the words at all. It's about the intent.

And what's his intent? To be a dick. Somewhat like yours and 90% of the people here.

Welcome to politics/polls and pundits.

And what's his intent? To be a dick. Somewhat like yours and 90% of the people here.

Welcome to politics/polls and pundits.

That's not it. If he were just saying faggot and queer because he's a dick -- well, yeah he is a dick. But if that's all it was, he wouldn't revel in it the way he does. Proudly so even. That's not being just a dick. That's being a dick and a bigot. And there's nothing cool about being a bigot. There's plenty of cool about being a dick.

I'm aware. But bigotry is only an issue when it's aimed at certain groups apparently.

No, bigotry is bigotry. There are varying degrees of assholishness though.

If we could all be more like Adam. If WCIP has point, make it. All I ask. But he likes the liberal thing of chanting slogans and calling names.

The fact that you think I haven't made a point yet, is alarming.

The fact you think I'm a liberal is hilarious.

I am serious. In the referenced B-Man meme, it says "Do you honestly expect criminals to obey gun control laws?" and calls such thinking a "special kind of stupid".

So why do we have laws against stealing? Why bother? Thieves are going to steal anyway, right?

Good question. Why is it against the law if killers are just going to kill anyway?

Are you for real or just trying to grasp what is set out rather clearly in the United States Constitution??

There is no right to kill (except in self defense...like when a scumbag is attacking your wife)

There is no right to steal (except when his name is Charles Rangle)

There is no right to rape (with the exception of certain farm animals in NC at JBoyst farm :) )

But ownership of a gun is protected...hence the reason why laws limiting that constitutionally protected right leave a bad taste in the mouth of Americans.

Yes, killers will kill, and thieves will steal, but law abiding citizens (responsible gun owners) will be left holding a pitchfork if gun laws are expanded - criminals will always have access to firearms.

Edited by BringBackFergy

show me where i described the nra as such. clearly there was bipartisan support for the nra's position as evidence by the 4 dems i called out. none of this is debateable. i'm pretty sure manchin (D) is an nra member yet he wrote the bill that couldn't garner 60 votes. his membership or lack thereof is irrelevant. this isn't about rank and file nra members (although they certainly aren't helping). it's about the national media campaigns, political contributions and political power of the nra leadership.

are you really this opaque or is it just an act?

Yeah, I hate when the other side uses legal means to torpedo terrible legislation too.

Get over yourself. There's a large portion of the population that thinks people like you are retarded. They give money to political organizations that represent these views and a few of them (the NRA, GOA, etc) are VERY good at holding politicians accountable. The system is working as designed.

Guns and gun laws aren't a big problem in this country. Enforcement and prosecution are. Stop wasting money on putting pot dealers behind bars and start going after violent criminals. I already posted in this thread about the .06% prosecution rate of current background check laws, yet you continue to whine like the little B word you are about the most recent law not passing? How stupid are you?