The Victim Complex

LeviF

Wow. They really denied collective achievement for advances in science and culture and then claimed some part of restitution (as a good thing)?

Yeah. I rebuked them pretty hard and got called a racist.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do as you please purple monkey dishwasher.

You are making progress. Now all you gotta do is learn how to get emergency work (even without obtaining a permit first) done without being a d*ck to the people trying to help you. Oh wait, let me translate that for you:

Gov't bad purple monkey dishwasher!

Yeah. I rebuked them pretty hard and got called a racist.

And you are rightly so for doing it! All they are looking for is a quick buck... I mean, sadly, that is the way of the world. Sometimes I take the position of just paying them off (throwing whatever chump change @ them) and be done with it. Let them choke on it.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This thread may be dead but I have too much real life experience with this to not add...

I spent close to 10 years working in a psychiatric hospital for children and saw, heard, witnessed, and read about terribly despicable things that happened to these kids.

I always had one comment to them when they first showed up: I know life has sucked and bad things have happened to you. You now have two choices - let that defeat you and continue on with a crappy life blaming every bad thing that happens to you on it or using it as motivation to rise up and be the reason you are a strong person. You can let it defeat you or you can defeat it.

Unfortunately most chose to let it defeat them bc overcoming obstacles is difficult and blaming others is easy.

We all are dealt hands in life some are straight flushes and some are ace high but every single one of us has the chance to do something about it. To improve our lot in life - whether financially, emotionally, or otherwise. It's just that most don't because it is easier to blame others than take it upon yourself to rise above it.

On a different note: Back to the start pf the thead... corporal punishment can be effective if used correctly. I took several whippings growing up because I was a smart ass and trouble maker. At no time did my parents "beat me" and it taught me respect. That is to me what is lacking in this country RESPECT. Children don't respect their elders, adults don't respect other adults, and it is sad.

I have long had issue with the "American dream" of biggest house, nicest car, keeping up with the joneses, etc... Now that both parents work their isn't one at home to teach them morals and values. Now that most kids are in day care there isn't the sense of family first. It is all about making the most money and having the nicest toys. Many times at the expense of raising our kids correctly - which leads to poorly adjusted adults - which leads to more poorly adjusted kids.

tl,dr: it's the lack of family values that is causing many of the issues we see today.

Edited by section122

Getting back to the OP topic, in Canada we have a First Nations movement called "Idle No More", in which aboriginal leaders want government to repeal legislation that calls for accountability In their finances, an essential "opening of the books", but First Nation leaders refuse. Our Prime Minister has basically told them to go to hell.

There were some horrible things one to Indian kids in Canada in the last 150 years, but asking for more $$ that is essentially spent on the chief and his friends is a classic example of victim entitlement. Anyone supporting the government's stance of accountability is labeled a racist.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/fyi/movers-and-shakers-188470781.html

Getting back to the OP topic, in Canada we have a First Nations movement called "Idle No More", in which aboriginal leaders want government to repeal legislation that calls for accountability In their finances, an essential "opening of the books", but First Nation leaders refuse. Our Prime Minister has basically told them to go to hell.

There were some horrible things one to Indian kids in Canada in the last 150 years, but asking for more $$ that is essentially spent on the chief and his friends is a classic example of victim entitlement. Anyone supporting the government's stance of accountability is labeled a racist.

http://www.winnipegf...-188470781.html

The obese woman who went on a hunger strike and lost half a pound? :lol: