Randy Moss

Just out of curiosity, who were some of the ten that he said were better? Rice is really the only one I would put above moss. Calvin Johnson when all is said and done might pass him.... But yeah, moss is clearly one of the best talent wise. If he had the work ethic he would probably be the Barry sanders of wide receivers

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Reed, Carter, Tim Brown and Isaac Bruce were a few that he mentioned. He was saying football people feel differently about Moss than the media does. Says a true HOF receiver should block down field, never take plays off, be a good teammate, be willing to make a catch in the middle, etc. All traits that he said Moss did not exemplify.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be a free agent. Wants to play next year. Bills want a receiver that's open even when he's not. Who we be on board to bring in Moss at reasonable price? Perfect scenario would be to get a tackle in draft at 8, draft linebacker with 2nd, get another young receiver(Patton) with 3rd. Bring in a stop gap QB (Campbell) or keep Tavaris. Get franchise QB in next years draft. Thoughts?

Lets get TO and Owens have the Old and Sassy air attack

To me the thing about Moss is that with his talent, he should have been the best wide receiver ever, by far.

But because of his questionable attitude, he's only in the discussion for best ever.

His diva-esque character cheated both the fans and himself.

If I was a HOF voter I wouldn't vote for him as a first ballot guy just out of principle.

Lollygaggers don't deserve to be first balloters, IMO.

To me the thing about Moss is that with his talent, he should have been the best wide receiver ever, by far.

But because of his questionable attitude, he's only in the discussion for best ever.

His diva-esque character cheated both the fans and himself.

If I was a HOF voter I wouldn't vote for him as a first ballot guy just out of principle.

Lollygaggers don't deserve to be first balloters, IMO.

I agree completely.

Based on physical talent, I think Randy Moss had the potential to be THE greatest receiver that ever played - and yes - that includes Jerry Rice.

I don't think there has ever been an NFL player with that combination of speed, hands, height and jumping ability.

It's a real shame that he was such a selfish and lazy player on the field. He was always known for taking plays off (and when in Oakland and Tennessee, full seasons off) and pouting when he didn't get the ball. He was also a wuss going over the middle and could be taken out of games by hitting him early. Imagine what he could have accomplished with a better attitude...

It's ridiculous to consider Moss as anything other than an all-time great and HOF player. All time he's 9th in catches, 3d in yards and 2d in TDs. If he plays next year he'll hit 1,000 receptions and move up on that list. At his best he was completely unstoppable and one of the most dangerous players to ever step on a field at any position. Only Rice eclipses Moss' career accomplishments. Maybe it's been too long or people are too young to remember the kind of player he was in Minnesota, but he was spectacular. And that was before the rules were changed to make it an all passing league.

I understand that his antics later in his career tarnish his image and that you might pick a couple other guys over him because you'd be willing to give up some talent in exchange for a most stable guy and better teammate, but talent and production-wise Moss is unlike anything we'll see for a long, long time.