Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A & M

4merper4mer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit the White House thing is desperation but we are desperate. If anyone thinks Goodell would go against Obama they must not know about Chicago politics. The bad news is that Obama is a Bears fan but there must be someone in his administration that is a Bills fan.

I think the wording should be something like:

The Buffalo Bills, being a much loved football team that wears the red white and blue of the American flag give a voice to the everyday American. Lately that voice has been stifled by a series of bad selections, unfortunate circumstances and a quarterback parade which includes a human chia pet and a Glove Wearing Mary from Los Gatos. As the Bills have sputtered so has America. Our economy has been in decline and there has been much rancor and division of our people. As the Bills rise, their colors will not go unnoticed and America will rise with them. The Bills will not rise until they get a viable QB. In Texas a budding legend is growing. His nickname is Johnny Football. He is mired in stasis playing at some farming school because of arcane rules set up by a monopolistic system which involves greed of rich team owners and college administrations. America cannot stand for this. Please intervene on behalf of the Bills and America to free Johnny Football to play for Buffalo and by extension America. Issue an executive order allowing draft eligibility rules to be waived for the #8 pick in the 2013 NFL. America thanks you in advance for your action.

We only need to stink for one year. He is eligible for the 2014 Draft.

I have no problem with the Bills showing us flashes of brilliance this year and then allowing the opposing team to win in the final minutes of play. I would gladly sacrifice one bad year of football to acquire Manziel. How much worse off would we be if we had the first pick vs. the 8th?? It will never happen, but a guy can dream.

I think Jacksonville has set themselves up nicely for the Maziel draft.

Funny you bring up Curt Flood. I went and Goggled "How many years did Curt Flood play after the court case" The first link I found was to an article titled "How Curt Flood Changed Baseball and Killed His Career in the Process" As also has been pointed out he also lost the case 5-3.

You could be right, He could win and in about five years he may become eligible to play once it's finally settled likely by the Supreme Court. He could probably also sue the NFL then for lost wages all those years and win that one too then. Maybe by around 2020 you'll see him in a Bill's uniform.

There was a guy in baseball named Kent Flood who challenged the MLB restraint of trade and won. The NFL's case is even weaker than the MLB's was. Clowney may end up being Maurice Clarinet part 2 or he may win. IMO it is worth the risk to get a QB like Manziel especially if the Bills have another NFL team who took Clowney as an ally in court.

Funny you bring up Curt Flood. I went and Goggled "How many years did Curt Flood play after the court case" The first link I found was to an article titled "How Curt Flood Changed Baseball and Killed His Career in the Process" As also has been pointed out he also lost the case 5-3.

You could be right, He could win and in about five years he may become eligible to play once it's finally settled likely by the Supreme Court. He could probably also sue the NFL then for lost wages all those years and win that one too then. Maybe by around 2020 you'll see him in a Bill's uniform.

So your agreeing its possible?

. . . You could be right, He could win and in about five years he may become eligible to play once it's finally settled likely by the Supreme Court. He could probably also sue the NFL then for lost wages all those years and win that one too then. . .

If the Bills wind up with Manziel, and Johnny Football gets five years of star football QB pay without getting five years of head trauma in the process, that's win/win.

I do agree that if he sued I'd give him in a very good chance of winning the lawsuit, but would likely take about five years for it to happen. And when he win's the the Bill's could also sue to get back the draft pick they forfeited when they selected him.

So I guess that does mean I'm agreeing :rolleyes:

So your agreeing its possible?

I do agree that if he sued I'd give him in a very good chance of winning the lawsuit, but would likely take about five years for it to happen. And when he win's the the Bill's could also sue to get back the draft pick they forfeited when they selected him.

So I guess that does mean I'm agreeing :rolleyes:

I agree with you that the risk of court action is real.

So what about if the petition picks up steam and Obama issues an executive order?