Books Take Place in Buffalo

L.EvansHands

Hello,

Posting this in the off topic thread, hoping I won't get crucified. I wrote two novels and have a third out this April that take place in Buffalo - all part of the An Upstate New York Mafia Tale series. Each novel mentions the Buffalo Bills because, how can you have a Buffalo novel without our guys in there. Anyway, I have just passed my 10,000 sale of the first one entitled For Nothing and thought maybe my brothers in Buffalo might be interested in taking a look.

You can check em out here on amazon if you want to see...

Buffalo Mafia Novels FOR NOTHING and BUFFALO SOLDIERS

or at Barnes and Noble

HERE

The cover artist is a Buffalo native too, Jesse Horst. I commissioned him to do artwork of Shea's Theater as well as Bethlehem Steel.

The books are fiction, but I did serious research into some people, events, fronts, in the area and am actually from there, so I hope you give it a shot.

Thanks for your time.

Nick

Cool. But now I have to kill you for exposing the underworld that doesn't exist in Buffalo.

Arg it is fiction! I will sit facing the window at all times...

Thanks for the support guys. I got some flack for portraying Buffalo as TOO cold once...but other than that most people seem to like the references to the city etc.

Arg it is fiction! I will sit facing the window at all times...

Thanks for the support guys. I got some flack for portraying Buffalo as TOO cold once...but other than that most people seem to like the references to the city etc.

I'm just having fun with you. I think it's neat that you write about the city. Do you mention Fort Erie and Niagara Falls at all?

Edited by Fan in San Diego

Very very cool. I'll have to check them out.

One of my oldest and closest friends recently published his first novel which takes place in Rochester and Buffalo (plenty of Bills references too).

It's called "Maverick Jetpants in the City of Quality" and his name is Bill Peters.

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Jetpants-The-City-Quality/dp/1936787024/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359230836&sr=8-1&keywords=maverick+jetpants+bill+peters

and here's a link to the review in the New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/30/books/review/maverick-jetpants-in-the-city-of-quality-by-bill-peters.html?_r=0

Hello,

Posting this in the off topic thread, hoping I won't get crucified. I wrote two novels and have a third out this April that take place in Buffalo - all part of the An Upstate New York Mafia Tale series. Each novel mentions the Buffalo Bills because, how can you have a Buffalo novel without our guys in there. Anyway, I have just passed my 10,000 sale of the first one entitled For Nothing and thought maybe my brothers in Buffalo might be interested in taking a look.

You can check em out here on amazon if you want to see...

Buffalo Mafia Novels FOR NOTHING and BUFFALO SOLDIERS

or at Barnes and Noble

HERE

The cover artist is a Buffalo native too, Jesse Horst. I commissioned him to do artwork of Shea's Theater as well as Bethlehem Steel.

The books are fiction, but I did serious research into some people, events, fronts, in the area and am actually from there, so I hope you give it a shot.

Thanks for your time.

Nick

Is any of this based on Magaddino? I think few people know what a big crime family that was.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Yeah since I know how hard we all work for money, and since I am a new author, I sell the ebook for very cheap.

Jim- Magaddino is mentioned in the novel but more as a tribute mention versus being based on his empire. The hitman the book follows, is an old timer who once met Magaddino.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up for those who were so supportive when I posted about my debut novel, For Nothing, a few weeks back. The first book in the series An Upstate New York Mafia Tale is now the number 1 crime book on Amazon.

If you like, give it a look. The whole series takes place in Buffalo, so I thought it might be of interest to those of you from the area.

Thanks a lot!

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B0050WA44K

Nick Denmon

Quite the bio you penned for yourself:

"Nicholas Denmon studied English at the University of Florida. He started story telling from the moment he could talk and has spent a lifetime perfecting the art. His life has been varied, giving him no shortage of material. Some of his unique experiences include growing up with a schizophrenic mother, having six brothers and sisters (of which he is the middle-younger child), a perfectionist father, an evil step-mother, a college life to rival Tucker Max, and working for politicians on the Presidential as well as local stage. He has been, at times, a devout Catholic, a closet atheist, and an honorary member of the Jewish tribe. Nick's joy of art knows little in the way of limitations, as he loves unique paintings, music, acting, film, and of course writing."