Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another angle to this that I worry a bit about (more of a long term thing), is does this give the jets ammo to make a move for a trade down this year and then move up in the 2014 draft to secure a franchise guy for the new Coach presuming the Jets dump Rex which a lot of us see as highly possible.

of course it does. They could easily trade either or both their 1st rounds for probably a 2nd this year and 1st next year. Or he'll, if the GM is pretty sure that Rex will be gone unless he has a magical season, he could package either pick this year for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd next year easily. Imagine if they did that with both picks and they end up with 9 picks in the first 3 rounds next year. Could move anywhere they want for whatever player they want. Or they could just rebuild the entire team in 1 draft.

And with that kind of firepower come draft day, they could probably coax just about any coach in or out of the league to come to them with the ability to completely retool however they want.

of course it does. They could easily trade either or both their 1st rounds for probably a 2nd this year and 1st next year. Or he'll, if the GM is pretty sure that Rex will be gone unless he has a magical season, he could package either pick this year for a 1st, 2nd, 3rd next year easily. Imagine if they did that with both picks and they end up with 9 picks in the first 3 rounds next year. Could move anywhere they want for whatever player they want. Or they could just rebuild the entire team in 1 draft.

And with that kind of firepower come draft day, they could probably coax just about any coach in or out of the league to come to them with the ability to completely retool however they want.

Hopefully they screw the pooch and use the picks this year where and gamble on high potential players that don't pay off :w00t:

You neglected to mention that they were first in the league in both yards and points allowed in his best season (2009) and 6th in yards/3rd in points in 2010. Opposing QBs had a 58.8 percent rating against the Jets in 2009.

Also, according to Pro Football Reference's measure, he was the most valuable player in the league in 2009 (approximate value measure). I know a lot of people here like to wish away stats, but I'm not one of them:

http://www.pro-footb...ear_by_year.htm

I saw those stats. But 2009 was, for an NFL player, a lifetime ago. More relevant for any team looking trade for Revis is his last 2 seasons, the second one he could not complete due to injury. In 2010, he held out and was injured as soon as he got back.

Point is, the Jets D is pretty good without the Revis of 2011, his last actual full season (and only one in the past 3 years).

This is awful for the Bills... he was a great distraction for the Jets and I thought wildly over rated and now coming off a major injury.. now they relieve some cap pressure and have a ton of options in this upcoming draft..

The Bills are pretty much stuck at 8 now if they are thinking QB early.. I'd still rather trade that pick pack into the 2nd half of the first round.. I don't really care if the Jets grab a QB - they all are crapshoot QBs anyway.

If they do stay at 8 I hope its BPA and not a terrible reach for QB.

This is awful for the Bills... he was a great distraction for the Jets and I thought wildly over rated and now coming off a major injury.. now they relieve some cap pressure and have a ton of options in this upcoming draft..

The Bills are pretty much stuck at 8 now if they are thinking QB early.. I'd still rather trade that pick pack into the 2nd half of the first round.. I don't really care if the Jets grab a QB - they all are crapshoot QBs anyway.

If they do stay at 8 I hope its BPA and not a terrible reach for QB.

He was not wildly overrated. He was the best player on their team. Check out the performance stats over the years.

I saw those stats. But 2009 was, for an NFL player, a lifetime ago. More relevant for any team looking trade for Revis is his last 2 seasons, the second one he could not complete due to injury. In 2010, he held out and was injured as soon as he got back.

Point is, the Jets D is pretty good without the Revis of 2011, his last actual full season (and only one in the past 3 years).

That's a fair point, but he's still young (28 this season) and moreover had a great year in 2011. Plus he looked completely dominant against the Bills in the 2012 season opener.

Edited by dave mcbride