2013 HOF Finalists; Update - Andre Reed did not make it

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ClarkJudgeCBS

Just completed HOF voting. Took over eight hours.

@JarrettBell

Done with Hall of Fame. Cutdown to 10 left us with: Larry Allen. Bettis. Cris Carter. Haley. Ogden. Parcells. A.Reed. Sapp. Strahan. Aeneas.

DeBartolo passed over again.

All four first timers still in it.

Tim Brown out.

Sapp & Strahan can wait.

Man, I hope Bettis does not make it, he does not deserve to be in the HOF.

Edited by Mark Vader

Carter's stat accumulation from 1994-2000 is impeccable and much better than any stretch in Reed's career--- but Reed is the better WR, IMHO.

Sapp is not a HoF, and certainly not a 1st ballot HoF. Pro football writers embarrass again.

!@#$ this !@#$ing ****. i'm !@#$ing done with this mother!@#$ing nfl !@#$ing buffalo yet again. Staley Swindle, AAFC merger exclusion, just give it to 'em, homerun throwup, spygate swept under rug, now the reed hate, !@#$ you nfl. suck my big fat polish sausage you !@#$ing !@#$s.

Carter is deserving....maybe not more than Reed but he is worthy. Sapp is a POS fraud who played on some great defenses but I dont think he is a first ballot HOF. Its a disgrace that Reed isnt in yet, everyone knows hes going to get in one day...why they decide to get his hopes up and then crush them year after year is beyond me...

KELLY, THOMAS, SMITH, _________

Those are the 4 guys you think of when you think of the Bills.

Snubbing Reed is an injustice, but now that Carter goes in, his path is clearer. It's difficult to objectively look at the numbers of both Reed and Carter and say Reed had a better career. Their careers were concurrent for 14 seasons, and the statistics heavily favor Carter, despite Reed's role in on the AFC Championship teams and his performance in the playoffs.

If you haven't seen it, check out the stat comparisons between Reed, Carter, Tim Brown, and the other HOF receivers. I think Reed will be in by 2015.

http://www.profootballhof.com/story/2013/1/25/2013-finalists-vs-hof-receivers/