Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see any way the he comes to the Bills while downgrading his position.

I don't necessarily think that OC under an offensive coach like Marrone at Syracuse from 2009-2012 to QB Coach in the NFL is really a step down. Maybe. But if this guy wants to be an NFL OC, it's probably just as good a chance to come to the NFL now at 33 than risk staying at Syracuse under a new coach, regardless of how well respected Shafer is.

This would be exactly the type of uninspiring move that would suck. We don't need to recreate a so so college program; we need to build an NFL team. I truly hope this turns out to be wrong.

I don't necessarily think that OC under an offensive coach like Marrone at Syracuse from 2009-2012 to QB Coach in the NFL is really a step down. Maybe. But if this guy wants to be an NFL OC, it's probably just as good a chance to come to the NFL now at 33 than risk staying at Syracuse under a new coach, regardless of how well respected Shafer is.

Qb coach at nfl levels would be a natural transition for his résumé.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia

@tysim19 pro style, hurry-up. Think New Orleans. But will mix in running game. Would have a lot of fun with Spiller.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia

Keep in mind, nothing is confirmed right now. But I did hear today that Hackett got the offer to go to Buffalo. Can Gross counter-move?

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia

Hackett is definitely a rising star in the football world. Have had several NFL people the past couple years tell me they love the guy.

I think that going from Syracuse OC to Buffalo Bills QB coach would be a promotion and a pay raise. And you're right in that if he has intentions of furthering his career this would put him on a faster track to being an NFL OC than staying in college. Not to mention the fact that Syracuse will be transitioning to a new coach and to a new conference next season.

I would be all for this if he is brought on to coach QBs. And I really wouldn't mind if he is in fact named the OC as think his a bright young offensive mind that we should be willing to cultivate.

P.S. Bring Tyrone Wheatley to coach RBs and Rob Moore to coach WRs with you.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia

@tysim19 pro style, hurry-up. Think New Orleans. But will mix in running game. Would have a lot of fun with Spiller.

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia

Keep in mind, nothing is confirmed right now. But I did hear today that Hackett got the offer to go to Buffalo. Can Gross counter-move?

Brent Axe@BrentAxeMedia

Hackett is definitely a rising star in the football world. Have had several NFL people the past couple years tell me they love the guy.

Could turn into one of those lightning in a bottle staffs with him at a position coach and Carmichael at OC, and they keep layering real talent in

Could turn into one of those lightning in a bottle staffs with him at a position coach and Carmichael at OC, and they keep layering real talent in

That's what I'd like to see. I hope the report of an offer is accurate, but connecting Hackett to the OC position is just an assumption.

They are saying hes coming as offensive coordinator online. I don't know why you guys are saying as qb coach or qc. I really hope it's not as OC but that's what they said

Oh, that's what the interwebz have weighed in with? I remember when a few hours ago he was staying at cuse, and 5 mins ago he'd only been offered a job in buffalo. Heck, I remember when whisenhunt was a virtual certainty.

Well, if "they" said it online, then it must be true

You didn't hear? Everything on the interwebz is true. If you believe that, kbiggz, I've got some oceanfront property in Montana to sell you

When did they put an ocean in Montana? Can I get in on that?

Sure just send me $1000, along with a copy of your driver's license and social security card...for a background check, of course.

Kbiggz, who's this THEY you keep referencing