Brian Kelly interviews with the Eagles

DPR4444

Awesome! At the game, during every timeout, they would go on the field and give somebody a big check - mostly for charity, but at halftime (I think) somebody won $1M from the Florida lottery.

So, we were joking about when is it our time to go on the field. Now is MY time!

If this was all about leverage for a pay increase, why the charade?

Couldn't Kelly have sat down with the AD and said,

"The football team surpassed all expectations. No one expected us to be undefeated and ranked number one. We're gonna have another great recruiting class in here and we've brought this program back to national prominence. I feel I deserve a raise. What do you think?"

It seems like he could have taken a different more virtuous approach (this is Notre Dame isn't it?) if this was simply about getting more compensation.

Agreed

Me too. I will admit that I am not the biggest Kelly booster but ND needs some stability, recruiting is going great and I don't want the boat rocked. I also don't see Kelly in the NFL but what do I know.

I also know nothing about Marrone but I do agree with the post about the Bills doing a good job of signing the guy they wanted.

My prediction is Lovie lands on his feet in Philly, I would imagine the Eagles fans would appreciate the know how he would bring to their under performing D. Who am I kidding, Eagles fans won't like anyone they sign.

The recruiting class is what I'm worried about, too. I heard both Bulldog and Coach Sal last week talk about Marrone possibly being interviewed by the Bills as a favor by Russ, to "let recruits know he has contacts in the league." Somebody also said something similar about Chip Kelly............If that is any positive at all, it's dwarfed by the recruits saying WTF - I thought you loved it here??

Don't worry. Like Penn St. and Oregon some wealthy booster will come along and throw a few million his way to keep him at ND and convince Kelly his desire to stay at the school and finish the job. No violation of the sacred NCAA rules here with more or less bribery on one side and extortion on the other. Just make sure no player takes a free stick of gum or a pencil or the NCAA will come down hard on your program with sanctions to protect the non-professional status of college sports. Gotta love it!!