Bills fans thoughts on new coaching staff so far??

mrags

a lot of energy now feels good but really its a roll of the dice and we are at least two years away from knowing if it comes up heads or tails

I agree with your post except this last part. Put me in the camp that believes that this team is poised for a quick turnaround.

Love the concept of a coach/gm/staff with an average age under 75.

I love the talk about an analytics department, innovative strategies, and hiring coaches who don't qualify for social security. I don't think the Bills are "rebuilding" so much as they are "refreshing" the organization from the top down. It's invigorating. Can't wait to see what happens.

Good stuff.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we needed to rebuild. We were on the cusp of being a playoff team. Better QB play and better LB's and better play calling (more CJ!) and we could have been a wildcard team this year IMO. I don't agree with any of the moves they have made so far. I feel like we are starting over from scratch with this new coaching staff. I would have been much more conservative and hired Lovie, a proven OC, and traded for a veteran QB and I think we would have made the playoffs next year. Instead we are looking at yet another "rebuilding year" and a team that might be good 3 yrs or so down the line or might be back to square one again, especially if we end up starting a rookie QB. It's anybody's guess. We'll see!

There has been absolutely no indication from this coaching staff that this is going to be a "rebuilding year". What makes you think that hiring Lovie would not do a "rebuild". Every NFL HC is going to look at his stable of players and decide what needs to be done. This staff is yet to make a single Personnel move and you are already claiming that it will be a "rebuilding year".

I love the youth movement, and can't wait to see us get a real QB. QB and Coaches killed us this past season and it was disgusting to watch. Knowing that Chan would...

1. Pass on every 3rd and 1 (WTF)

2. Never take his deep shot on 2nd and 3 or less (WTF)

3. Get to the red zone and not even have his best offensive player on the field (WTF)

4. Go empty inside the 10 (WTF)

5. Put in FJax when Spiller was hot (WTF)

6. Never make an adjustment at Halftime (WTF)

7. Call a slant for your 6'7" TE inside the 5 instead of a fade or straight up jump ball when he was being covered by a small CB (WTF)

Knowing that Fitz...

1. Could not connect deep (WTF)

2. Would forget he had a 6'7" target on 3 downs (WTF)

3. could not run a hurry up if his life depended on it (WTF)

4. Throw that all to timely pick to seal our fate in a close game instead of give us a close win (WTF)

Knowing that Wanny...

1. Would not blitz (WTF)

2. Would not give safety help to Justin Rogers when he was forced into action (WTF)

3. Would not make adjustments (WTF)

4. Would be in soft coverage on 3rd and short (WTF)

5. Did not recognize that Bradham was better than Moats and Morrison earlier than he did(WTF)

6. Would not play Carrington more than what he did even though he was always making something happen when on the field (WTF)

Just overall frustrating to me. Those 3 guys ruined our season!!!

Go Bills!!!

exactly. upgrade at these spots and how many games do we win?

I love the youth movement, and can't wait to see us get a real QB. QB and Coaches killed us this past season and it was disgusting to watch. Knowing that Chan would...

1. Pass on every 3rd and 1 (WTF)

2. Never take his deep shot on 2nd and 3 or less (WTF)

3. Get to the reed zone and not even have his best offensive player on the field (WTF)

4. Go empty inside the 10 (WTF)

5. Put in FJax when Spiller was hot (WTF)

6. Never make an adjustment at Halftime (WTF)

7. Call a slant for your 6'7" TE inside the 5 instead of a fade or straight up jump ball when he was being covered by a small CB (WTF)

Knowing that Fitz...

1. Could not connect deep (WTF)

2. Would forget he had a 6'7" target on 3 downs (WTF)

3. could not run a hurry up if his life depended on it (WTF)

4. Throw that all to timely pick to seal our fate in a close game instead of give us a close win (WTF)

Knowing that Wanny...

1. Would not blitz (WTF)

2. Would not give safety help to Justin Rogers when he was forced into action (WTF)

3. Would not make adjustments (WTF)

4. Would be in soft coverage on 3rd and short (WTF)

5. Did not recognize that Bradham was better than Moats and Morrison earlier than he did(WTF)

6. Would not play Carrington more than what he did even though he was always making something happen when on the field (WTF)

Just overall frustrating to me. Those 3 guys ruined our season!!!

Go Bills!!!