[closed]Marrone's Coaching Tree - Possible OCs/DCs.

The link below shows the connections that Marrone has made along the way in both college and in the pros. No matter whom the Bills hired to be their HC it's critical that that HC be able to bring in quality assistants, especially the OC and DC.

it looks like Marrone has the potential to bring in some pretty good ones..........maybe even Lovie Smith himself.

The link: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2013/1/6/3842176/doug-marrone-coaching-tree-influences.its

What are your thoughts regarding who marrone might bring in from the abovementioned group??

I won't be happy with the Marrone hiring unless he can bring in a high quality NFL OC and DC.

The article points out that Marrone has ties to the following coaching trees: Those associated with Parcells/Belichick, Schottenheimer, O'Leary, and P. Fulmer.

Marrone may have been a relative unknown, but the has certainly been around long enough to be influenced by a lot of very successful football coaches. I'm very happy to see that.

For the sake of the Bills and the loyal fans, I hope that Marrone is able to sway a high quality OC and DC to Buffalo.

Lovie Smith is part of the Schottenheimer tree and expressed interest in going to Buffalo (albeit as the HC). It sure would be nice to have him as our new DC. That would mean that the Bills could stay with their 4-3 alignment. Many of the Bills' defensive players are already familiar with the "Tampa 2" defense that Smith deploys.

The link below shows the connections that Marrone has made along the way in both college and in the pros. No matter whom the Bills hired to be their HC it's critical that that HC be able to bring in quality assistants, especially the OC and DC.

it looks like Marrone has the potential to bring in some pretty good ones..........maybe even Lovie Smith himself.

The link: http://www.buffaloru...-influences.its

What are your thoughts regarding who marrone might bring in from the abovementioned group??

I won't be happy with the Marrone hiring unless he can bring in a high quality NFL OC and DC.

That would be an insult, IMO to Coach Smith.

That would be an insult, IMO to Coach Smith.

Lovies running out of better options slowly but surely. Licking his wounds for a year and turning a talented defense around might be a great option. If he doesn't get a HC nod, this is still a perfect landing spot for his scheme.

i have often considered gainful employment in my chosen profession an insult to myself.... :doh:

Gainful employment? He's a head coach with 5 jobs still available. If the organization liked his coaching ability that much, they should've hired over some wildcard...

Gainful employment? He's a head coach with 5 jobs still available. If the organization liked his coaching ability that much, they should've hired over some wildcard...

Arizona and SD run 34s and have qb/offensive line issues. Might pass on those two off the bat.

There are also 5+ candidates left, so we will see.

yeah gainful employment...if you don't have a job currently and if you happen to be offered a coaching job, i'd consider that gainful employment...or do you think he is owed only another head coaching opportunity? lets see how it plays out before we start going back and forth...but i still wouldn't consider it an insult in any way shape or form....

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.