OT: Pegula blocks Browns

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is this legal in college? Isn't this a form of boosting?

I believe boosting is only for the players (student-athletes) from my understanding. Since it is already a paid position it basically just ends up as a salary bonus.

http://basketball.about.com/od/recruiting/a/Are-You-A-Booster.htm

It's for basketball but college rules mostly apply the same for all sports when it comes to boosters.

Edited by The Wiz

Nice to see that he's donating money to a cause that furthers the institution's sole purpose of education and research.

Yeah, I'll go out on a limb and say that most supporters of college athletics aren't overly concerned about academics.

As a Syracuse grad, I care more about how the players perform on the field/court than in the classroom. So long as they stay eligible...

And I'm more concerned with whether Marrone stays at SU, than whether an established academic faculty member stays or goes.

May not be right, but that's the way it is...

What a great guy. Thank god money wasn't a motivator:

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Why did OBrien stay? Agent: "The commitment he made to the existing team & incoming recruits was far stronger than the allure of an NFL job"

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

More from agent Joe Linta on #PennSt Bill O'Brien: "His word and his integrity meant more than any possible NFL interest. He loves his job."

Edited by Punch

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Why did OBrien stay? Agent: "The commitment he made to the existing team & incoming recruits was far stronger than the allure of an NFL job"

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

More from agent Joe Linta on #PennSt Bill O'Brien: "His word and his integrity meant more than any possible NFL interest. He loves his job."

Yeah the spin is really insulting.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

Sometimes a guy interviews for reasons other than "I want to coach the browns"

Upping his profile can get him more juice on campus, nfl respect translates to recruiting legitimacy, and a few easy bucks on the side doesn't hurt.

It's possible he had no serious eyes in Cleveland.

Yeah, I'll go out on a limb and say that most supporters of college athletics aren't overly concerned about academics.

As a Syracuse grad, I care more about how the players perform on the field/court than in the classroom. So long as they stay eligible...

And I'm more concerned with whether Marrone stays at SU, than whether an established academic faculty member stays or goes.

May not be right, but that's the way it is...

I'm not trying to judge here, but that's kinda screwed up logic. I know you're not alone, however.