JinWPB

New coach.Choose wisely young Padawan.  

324 members have voted

1. 1. New head coach should be.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Arians because his offences at Pittsburgh and Indy have been different and they adjust well to personnel.

Why Chip Kelly? His system works in college but would it work in the NFL? He has zero NFL experience.

Chip Kelly because everywhere he's been he's been ultra successful.

Chip Kelly's coaching resume:

1990 Columbia (DB/ST)

1991 Columbia (OLB/SS)

1992 New Hampshire (RB)

1993 Johns Hopkins (DC)

1994–1996 New Hampshire (RB)

1997–1998 New Hampshire (OL)

1999–2006 New Hampshire (OC)

2007–2008 Oregon (OC)

2009–present Oregon (HC)

That's what you're basing it on. He put together a great system at New Hampshire and Oregon. NH, the NCAA football powerhouse

Edited by KRT88

I dont understand the Lovie Smith love. The guy is a loser.

Maybe his winning record, including one this season, his super bowl appearance with rex frigging Grossman, and his success leading perennially awesome defenses with personnel similar to ours have something to do with it. But if some guy on a message board calls him a loser, a loser he must be.

Cowher has said he won't come here..no way his wife would move to buffalo..

Family

Bill Cowher's late wife, Kaye (née Young), also a North Carolina State University graduate, played professional basketball for the New York Stars of the (now defunct) Women's Pro Basketball League with her twin sister Faye. Kaye was featured in the book Mad Seasons: The Story of the First Women's Professional Basketball League, 1978–1981, by Karra Porter (University of Nebraska Press, 2006).

Kaye Cowher died of skin cancer at age 54 on July 23, 2010.

Bill and Kaye have three daughters. Daughters, Meagan and Lauren, played basketball at Princeton University. Their third daughter Lindsay played basketball at Wofford College before transferring to Elon University.[9] In 2007, the Cowher family moved to Raleigh, North Carolina from suburban Pittsburgh (Fox Chapel). Meagan Cowher is married to Los Angeles Kings forward, Kevin Westgarth.[10]

Maybe his winning record, including one this season, his super bowl appearance with rex frigging Grossman, and his success leading perennially awesome defenses with personnel similar to ours have something to do with it. But if some guy on a message board calls him a loser, a loser he must be.

He has THREE winning seasons and FIVE losing seasons. Thats almost DOUBLE the losing seasons as winning seasons. But even more than that, FOUR of his last SIX seasons were LOSING seasons.

Let me put it in other words. He has made the playoffs ONCE in the past SIX years.

There is a bunch of coaches out there and we want the guy who has made the playoffs ONCE in the past SIX years? Just because he went to a Super Bowl almost a decade ago? Really?

Now lets look at team rankings before and after Lovie. His first season was 2004.

2003: 3rd overall offense

2004: 26th overall offense

2003: 1st in takeaways

2004: 16th in takeaways

2003: 20th in rushing defense

2004: 25th in rushing defense

Same with passing.

Lovie's claim to fame is NOT a great overall defense. It's how his defenses always force turnovers. His defense has ranked in the top 5 in the league 5 times for turnovers. BUT, the Bears were #1 in turnovers before he got there. So what gives?

As far as overall defense, his defense was in the BOTTOM HALF of the league 5 of the 8 years he was in Chicago. In other words, almost 3/4 of the time he was in Chicago his defense was in the BOTTOM HALF of the league.

The guy is a loser.

Edited by LiterateStylish

I dont understand the Lovie Smith love. The guy is a loser.

Agreed to an extent. I don't think he's a loser, I just don't want him in buffalo.

Looking at the poll (as of now), I can't believe there are 20 votes for Lovie and 10 for John gruden. I voted for 10 coaches in the poll. Lovie wasn't one of them. I'm curious as to why so much love for Lovie.

Edited by NewEra

My top choices are: Chucky (Jon Gruden), Chip Kelly, Whisenhut, Jay Gruden, and then Lovie Smith.

Cohwer doen't have his wife to stop him from coming to Buffalo now but the first thing he would do is hire Chan Gailey as OC. Cohwer would dictate to Chan who to start at QB and when to run and when to pass. I'm over Cohwer now. I like the idea of a young or aggressive HC.