Gil Brandt on Romo

55-38 and hes a loser? just quit it. newsflash bro thats triple the W's buffalo has had.............just cut it out.

You need to look beyond stats a little and use some judgement. Is Romo better than Fitz, sure. Would the Bills be marginally better with Romo than what we currently have, definitely. But, in my opinion, we should be shooting higher than just getting to the playoffs. Romo is a great September through November QB who can't get the job done in December and beyond. That's not me talking either, his actual performance speaks for itself.

So sure, maybe it would be fun for you to have a Bills QB on your fantasy team so you can root for him every week, but that's not getting the Bills closer to a Super Bowl win.

It just amazes me how people focus on stats and not acutal performances.

** Also, it's not like I wouldn't want to believe in Romo if he came here. I actually like him and how he plays, but the best way to evaluate a 32 year old quarterback is by his career up to this point and frankly, its a major disappointment.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so we are going from 13 years with no playoffs straight to the superbowl?

no we aren't. playoff berth would be a great start. Romo in buffalo = instant playoff berth

but it ain't happening. he's too good IMO.

I guess I just respectfully disagree. I think we have to set a goal as winning the Super Bowl and putting pieces in place that can accomplish that. The question with Romo really in this thread is what is reasonable comp for getting him. IMHO, it's no more than a 3rd round draft pick (which likely wouldn't get it done, you're right).

The next question is can Romo do it and I think the answer to that is he's been given every opportunity in his career and come up short time and time again. He's consistently had great weapons and has put up great stats, but can't come through in big games. The Cowboys defense is much better than the Bills, their WRs are much better, their TE is much better. We have a superior RB and a slightly better O-line. Translation, I think Romo plays on this Bills team and you get close to what you got in Dallas, a mediocre team that misses the playoffs.

I guess I just respectfully disagree. I think we have to set a goal as winning the Super Bowl and putting pieces in place that can accomplish that. The question with Romo really in this thread is what is reasonable comp for getting him. IMHO, it's no more than a 3rd round draft pick (which likely wouldn't get it done, you're right).

The next question is can Romo do it and I think the answer to that is he's been given every opportunity in his career and come up short time and time again. He's consistently had great weapons and has put up great stats, but can't come through in big games. The Cowboys defense is much better than the Bills, their WRs are much better, their TE is much better. We have a superior RB and a slightly better O-line. Translation, I think Romo plays on this Bills team and you get close to what you got in Dallas, a mediocre team that misses the playoffs.

yes sir a classic case of agree to disagree.

IMO, if we have a chance at Romo for a reasonable deal - We take him. Our team has to many holes to fix and this is an instant upgrade. I am not saying give up our number 1 pick but I would give up a pick in rounds 4-X for sure.

4-7. Not happening. Why would Dallas trade is their starting QB for a 4th-7th rd pick. They wouldn't. We're paying a 1st or a combination of 2-4rders IMO. There's no one available right now that's better than romo (and its likely he's unavailable). Dallas would downgrade. The QBs in this draft class are below average as a group. If one of these guys ever turns out as good as romo, I'd be shocked. Finding the right one is the hard part. If we were to part with a #1 pick to get him, my guess is that our FO doesn't like the options in the draft and FA. This whole scenario is a pipe dream. No way they trade Romo to buffalo. Or anywhere for that matter.

dubs, on 01 January 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

I think you could get Romo for a 5th or so, especially since there is no chance the Cowboys can bring Romo back under the circumstances. If we traded a 5th for Romo and asked him to compete for the starting job and also drafted a young QB to bring along, I'd be pretty happy with that..

No offence to you but I'd rather get a drunk from the parking lot during a game to start at QB than Romo

I heard something amusing today,

What is Spanish for Romo?

----

Sanchez

Haha! That is a good joke!

I agree with the other recent posts, this is an academic conversation because it's never going to happen. The Cowboys are stuck with Romo. No team would ever trade Dallas a first for him and they can't get anything less than a second, which they are unlikely to get either.

Who really knows what the current crop of college QBs will turn out like. Romo was an undrafted FA. Look at what Russell Wilson has done in Seattle. We all know about Brady. Shaub is decent and he was a third rounder also I think.

Romo is not going anywhere. In 7 seasons, Romo has never had a QB rating lower than 90. Fitzpatrick has never had a season over 90.

The Cowboys would have no reason to replace him because there won't be a better alternative.

Even I agree. I wish Romo was better in crunch time BUT between Aikman and him my

team never got to play in crunch time. Elway and Young had their struggles and finally succeeded.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Perhaps. I guess maybe I should rephrase. If I was a general manager and was offered Tony Romo for a 1st round pick, i'd immediately hang up the phone. I'd counter offer with a 5th. Romo isn't winning any superbowls and if you invest a first round pick on a QB, that's exactly what you are expecting, a superbowl winning QB.

Didn't Carson Palmer go for a 1st after sitting out a season?