Bills Should Hire Frank Reich

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we waiting for a second for Cappy?

The Captain would need to put a bipartisan package together so we can meet "in the aisle" as it were.

Then an upvote can be led by us here on the floor. You wont forget us Captain when you are up there, or will you ?

I'd have no problem bringing him in as some position coach, OC, that may be a stretch. HC I'd rather have CG or DJ as at least they've done the job. But ultimately it will be up to whomever is the next HC.

Take a look at the coaching resume of some of the best head coaches in the league and you'll see that some, if not many of them got fired from various gigs and/or coached a bunch of lousy teams before landing the gig were they were dubbed a great coach. Reich is one of many guys they should consider, but again, some of the very top guys might not want to be part of turning this franchise around. It's not like the Bills can simply pick whomever they want.

I don't think Reich can be blamed for the fact that AZ wasn't good this year- not like he was their head coach or OC. Steve Tasker is another former Bill that is a very astute football mind. I think the thing that some of you are forgetting is that many top coaches who have never lived in Buffalo have a negative opinion of the place and don't want to move there. Guys like Reich and Tasker know that it's a good place to live and might actually accept a job there if offered one.

Having a good football mind and being a good coach are 2 different things. Knowing Xs & Os doesnt mean you can think on your toes, make adjustments, having a pulse of your team, know how to motivate, etc.

Let's bring in Nate Odoms as a secondary coach and maybe Carlton Bailey as D coordinator along with Reich. Maybe Tasker can be special teams coach. I heard Greg Cater is coaching Pop Warner in Utah, maybe he can come in as a special punting consultant.

Kenneth Davis is an AD with a Catholic school here in Dallas. Obviously qualified don't you think?