Cam Newton, he's good

/s

Rules are rules.....you may not agree with a rule or law, but that doesn't give you the right to decide to break them. If he didn't like the NCAA take his ass to canada and play there or in the arena league. Make no mistake that these kids are using the system as much as the system is using them.

could you stop stalking my posts? I'm flattered, really.

Edited by Garranimal

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules are rules.....you may not agree with a rule or law, but that doesn't give you the right to decide to break them. If he didn't like the NCAA take his ass to canada and play there or in the arena league. Make no mistake that these kids are using the system as much as the system is using them.

could you stop stalking my posts? I'm flattered, really.

Stalking huh? Don't humor yourself. No the NCAA is pimping kids for huge profits.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

/s

pathetic excuse. because the rules are really mean and i can't make money for doing something, or steal, or be a douche i should not have to be a respectable human being.

got it.

of course, yes, he made a mistake and its in his past. but to excuse it as anything else than a mistake in his past that can be forgotten - especially at such a leap of judgement as you took is the reason safe spaces exist and people get their feelings hurt...like cam getting his feelings hurt.

Stalking huh? Don't humor yourself. No the NCAA is pimping kids for huge profits.

exactly! Bowling Green Girls Cross Country - the NCAA pretty much makes them stop and give BJ's to truckers to turn a dime. ****, I even heard that Cornell Water Polo teams have to fill their own pool up with extra water left over from the football water coolers!

Yes, the NCAA is so bad. Please. When you've spent some time in NCAA athletics, let me know and I will consider your opinion at that point. Until that point, and until you see how great the NCAA is - don't bother making these bogus claims - you or anyone else.

pathetic excuse. because the rules are really mean and i can't make money for doing something, or steal, or be a douche i should not have to be a respectable human being.

got it.

of course, yes, he made a mistake and its in his past. but to excuse it as anything else than a mistake in his past that can be forgotten - especially at such a leap of judgement as you took is the reason safe spaces exist and people get their feelings hurt...like cam getting his feelings hurt.

I'm not condoning the stealing part, but the accusation of taking $ for playing NCAA football I have zero issue with. F*** the NCAA and their BS rules that only line the pockets of a select few.

You can save your preachy moralistic nonsense for someone else. Not processing it.

got it.

exactly! Bowling Green Girls Cross Country - the NCAA pretty much makes them stop and give BJ's to truckers to turn a dime. ****, I even heard that Cornell Water Polo teams have to fill their own pool up with extra water left over from the football water coolers!

Yes, the NCAA is so bad. Please. When you've spent some time in NCAA athletics, let me know and I will consider your opinion at that point. Until that point, and until you see how great the NCAA is - don't bother making these bogus claims - you or anyone else.

Another dumbass comment from you. What else is new. Sports writers should stop coverage because many of them never played. :doh:

Oh the wonderful virtues of the NCAA! GTFOH with that nonsense. I'm obviously talking about the revenue producing sports of CFB and CBB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yes, the NCAA is so bad. Please. When you've spent some time in NCAA athletics, let me know and I will consider your opinion at that point.

(raises hand) I was an NCAA athlete and can verify 26's claims that they are nothing more than a racket. The NCAA is a big part of the problem, and have rarely been part of the solution.

(raises hand) I was an NCAA athlete and can verify 26's claims that they are nothing more than a racket. The NCAA is a big part of the problem, and have rarely been part of the solution.

The NCAA came up with this phony student-athlete designation to avoid workmen's compensation claims when the reality of the matter is they have unpaid employees in the cases of revenue producing sports with CFB and CBB being the primary examples.

i was, too. and i see as much they did good as much as i do see get in the way.

they're a governing body who has gained too much power, but that is true with anything that is bureaucracy or politics or such. it is actually the schools that allow the ncaa to be the ridiculous ruler it is. but it is still a major benefit to most student athletes.

I'm not condoning the stealing part, but the accusation of taking $ for playing NCAA football I have zero issue with. F*** the NCAA and their BS rules that only line the pockets of a select few.

You can save your preachy moralistic nonsense for someone else. Not processing it.

Another dumbass comment from you. What else is new. Sports writers should stop coverage because many of them never played. :doh:

Oh the wonderful virtues of the NCAA! GTFOH with that nonsense. I'm obviously talking about the revenue producing sports of CFB and CBB.

that revenue goes to the minor sports. and due to title ix many of those minor sports are lost. it is why toledo got rid of its track and wrestling teams.

tell me how students do not benefit from playing sports in college? my sister in law played basketball at columbia. she graduated and paid for her own way - she wouldn't trade it for the world and i am fairly certain she is among the majority of athletes who praise the ncaa, but will mock it, too.

i was, too. and i see as much they did good as much as i do see get in the way.

they're a governing body who has gained too much power, but that is true with anything that is bureaucracy or politics or such. it is actually the schools that allow the ncaa to be the ridiculous ruler it is. but it is still a major benefit to most student athletes.

As soon as college tuition, class fees, books, food, trainers are free for everyone, we can talk about how students who play sports are not compensated. A guy/gal who trades skills in wrestling or lacrosse or gymnastics for an education is in the same position as a star QB at Ohio State except nobody pays to see them compete. The full house, the beers sold and whatever else which generates profit at the football games is used to provide scholarships and food and training facilities for all of the athletes.

Hey wait, maybe we should make the athletes from the non-profiting sports pay the football players.

At this point, i would prefer to watch a bunch of 2 star athletes who value the education play crappy college football then to continue to listen to select few athletes who are on the cusp of making tens of millions of dollars thanks to amateur athletics whine about not making money right now.

Yep NCAA will have to pay the major sports atheletes eventually. They have 30 million for BOBBY PETRINO ??? But zero for the athletes who bring in the billions?

As soon as college tuition, class fees, books, food, trainers are free for everyone, we can talk about how students who play sports are not compensated. A guy/gal who trades skills in wrestling or lacrosse or gymnastics for an education is in the same position as a star QB at Ohio State except nobody pays to see them compete. The full house, the beers sold and whatever else which generates profit at the football games is used to provide scholarships and food and training facilities for all of the athletes.

Hey wait, maybe we should make the athletes from the non-profiting sports pay the football players.

At this point, i would prefer to watch a bunch of 2 star athletes who value the education play crappy college football then to continue to listen to select few athletes who are on the cusp of making tens of millions of dollars thanks to amateur athletics whine about not making money right now.

Enjoy 2 star fantasyland. In the real world people wanted to pay big money for Leonard Fournette jerseys earlier this year. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Yep NCAA will have to pay the major sports atheletes eventually. They have 30 million for BOBBY PETRINO ??? But zero for the athletes who bring in the billions? Enjoy 2 star fantasyland. In the real world people wanted to pay big money for Leonard Fournette jerseys earlier this year.

tv rights to harvard's tri meet against yale and brown were worth $.74 last year!

being an mvp... most valuable kitty? dudes soft.

Some folks used it upthread for how he acted after the loss. Just wondering when you stop being a "kid." Isn't he a father already?

yes he is a father. had a kid born last Fall with his baby mama kia proctor.

Marv was all about character guys... Good thing he was the coach and Polian the GM in the 90s. Otherwise the blown out knee guy with a chip on his shoulder, the coke head and the prima Donna QB coming out of Miami who scampered to the other league rather than play I buffalo would have been elsewhere...

I know Polian didn't draft all but my point is Marv wouldn't have.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

being an mvp... most valuable kitty? dudes soft.

Soft ? Cam would run you over at the goal line 100 out of 100 times.

Kelvin Benjamin will return and the Panthers will be even better. Benjamin was a stud on 3rd downs the prior season. The Cam's not good and soft takes you have defy game film.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Soft ? Cam would run you over at the goal line 100 out of 100 times.

Kelvin Benjamin will return and the Panthers will be even better. Benjamin was a stud on 3rd downs the prior season. The Cam's not good and soft takes you have defy game film.

I'd welcome it every time. And, maybe not 100 times out of 100 times.

I never said Cam is not good. I have said Cam is not excellent and is over celebrated. He is still soft. You must account for his mentality.

I could probably stop him a fair amount of times. Mostly showing him pictures of Von Miller, asking him to Dab, throwing glitter in the air while whistling, or saying he isn't my favorite person ever.

Basically, LeBron James, Tom Skerit and Cam Newton can kiss my wannabe country ass. Kobe & Manning are supremely better athletes and not the pre madonna bitches those two have been all along.