Who will be the first receiver drafted?

Webster Guy

Is there a guaranteed stud NFL receiver this year? I don't watch enough college ball to know. I do know that they come around every few years, wondering if this is one of those years.

I'm hoping that the Bills do a hybrid Best Available Player approach from 3 categories: LB, QB and WR.

Would like to hear thoughts from you collegeball freaks.......

I wouldn't say there is a stud like an AJ Green or anything. There are a few solid receivers though. Keenan Allen out of UCal is the odds on favorite first receiver pick, but Robert Woods out of USC's stock has risen this year as well. A few late surges for Tavon Austin our of WV on account of his speed as well. I could see someone reaching for him as an explosive play maker.

Ahhh, forgot Justin Hunter. He has been off the radar much of this season on account of a knee injury last year, but he has had some decent games after recovering.

Edited by TThomas4life

Terrance Williams of Baylor will be one of the top WRs picked as well. No "stud" this year though by most accounts and the best WR in the country, Marqise Lee of USC is not draft eligible this year. However, he lacks the size of CJ Jr., Julio Jones, AJ Green, which may affect his draft position but the dude gets open and makes tremendous plays.

No "stud" this year though by most accounts and the best WR in the country, Marqise Lee of USC is not draft eligible this year. However, he lacks the size of CJ Jr., Julio Jones, AJ Green, which may affect his draft position but the dude gets open and makes tremendous plays.

Agreed, Lee had a much better year than Woods. I watch every USC game and i was blown away by him.

Kind of a bummer going for QB and WR in a year not terribly strong for either.

It's all about pockets of value. The way our season played out, I don't think wherein awful shape. Even if there was a luck type prospect we were never in the running. As far as the guys coming off the board at say 5 and 37 I think the qb talent will be decent compared to say a tannehill, locker, gabbert and the the WRs slipping towards the late first/early second should be good for us.

Codarrelle Patterson from Tennessee is flying up boards haven't seen much about him...there's another kid who got kicked off Tennessee two years ago but played D-2 and could be a sleeper in DaRick Rogers. Woods from USC reminds me alot of Steve smith who came out of there a few years ago and has fizzled out of the league and Allen from Cal hasn't impressed. There definately isn't a "stud" WR like previous years but can we really say that? The "stud" known as Justin Blackmon hasn't been much of anything but he's a rookie. It should be an interesting year for WR's.

Codarrelle Patterson from Tennessee is flying up boards haven't seen much about him...there's another kid who got kicked off Tennessee two years ago but played D-2 and could be a sleeper in DaRick Rogers. Woods from USC reminds me alot of Steve smith who came out of there a few years ago and has fizzled out of the league and Allen from Cal hasn't impressed. There definately isn't a "stud" WR like previous years but can we really say that? The "stud" known as Justin Blackmon hasn't been much of anything but he's a rookie. It should be an interesting year for WR's.

Guys like Da'rick Rogers always worry me - booted after just two seasons, assuming its marijuana it typically would be a 3rd or 4th positive test and more than one very stern warning with one of those likely being if it happens again you are gone.

i dont much care if guys do it, its the stupidity of getting caught so many times in such a short period knowing all they have on the line. hes a talented WR though.

Edited by NoSaint