7. Passing yards/attempt: Vikings - 5.9; Bills - 6.6

8. Passing TD's: Vikings - 15; Bills - 23

9. INT's: Vikings - 12; Bills - 17

10. Defense pts/game: Vikings - 20.9; Bills - 28.4

11. Defense yds/game: Vikings - 346.3; Bills - 364.9

12. Sacks: Vikings - 31; Bills - 30

13. INT's: Vikings - 12; Bills - 17

14. Forced Fumbles: Vikings - 13; Bills - 18

Looking at those numbers, a few surprise me: we have basically the same amount of sacks, have more INT's, and have more forced fumbles than the Vikings.

Considering we're 4 games apart, the numbers are pretty much balanced and even; The vikings are a little better at running the ball, the bills are a little better at passing the ball, they score about the same amount of points; bills give up a few more points, but that could also be chalked up to several complete blowouts.

I'm not sure what the exact strength of schedule is, but i can assure you that the Vikings had a tougher schedule than we did after looking at their schedule. So with similar #'s to the bills, and a tougher schedule than the Bills, they somehow manage to be 4 games better than the bills.

The ultimate difference between teams probably comes down to coaching (preparing to execute when it matters most in a game), and mental toughness as a team..which can also go back to coaching.

It's pretty sad to look at those numbers and see how close we are on paper to a possibly playoff birth yet somehow in reality, we're still so far away. :bag:

it's hard to win in the NFL.....

Seriously though it is. I know skeletor gets killed for this quote but he was right. The difference between all of the teams in the middle is very small. The Titans, Colts, and 2nd Pats game all could have gone either way and came right down to the end. Look no further than the Colts. 9 of their 10 wins are by a td or less. The margin of error in the NFL is very small.

Ya I definitely agree between the small margin for error...that's where the coaching staff should come in.

I agree with this 10000%. I was behind Gailey through some of this season but HIS mental mistakes were to many for the team to overcome. Off the cuff (and with no factual evidence to back this up) I would say he has blown more games in his 3 years than Belicheat has in his career.

Vikings: 9-6

Bills: 5-10

1. Points per game: Vikings - 22.8; Bills - 21.1

2. Rushing yards/game: Vikings - 161.1; Bills - 140.5

3. Rushing yards/carry: Vikings - 5.4; Bills - 5.1

4. Rushing TDs: Vikings - 15; Bills - 10

5. Fumbles: Vikings - 9; Bills - 6

6. Passing yards/game: Vikings - 168.3; Bills - 202.9

7. Passing yards/attempt: Vikings - 5.9; Bills - 6.6

8. Passing TD's: Vikings - 15; Bills - 23

9. INT's: Vikings - 12; Bills - 17

10. Defense pts/game: Vikings - 20.9; Bills - 28.4

11. Defense yds/game: Vikings - 346.3; Bills - 364.9

12. Sacks: Vikings - 31; Bills - 30

13. INT's: Vikings - 12; Bills - 17

14. Forced Fumbles: Vikings - 13; Bills - 18

Looking at those numbers, a few surprise me: we have basically the same amount of sacks, have more INT's, and have more forced fumbles than the Vikings.

Considering we're 4 games apart, the numbers are pretty much balanced and even; The vikings are a little better at running the ball, the bills are a little better at passing the ball, they score about the same amount of points; bills give up a few more points, but that could also be chalked up to several complete blowouts.

I'm not sure what the exact strength of schedule is, but i can assure you that the Vikings had a tougher schedule than we did after looking at their schedule. So with similar #'s to the bills, and a tougher schedule than the Bills, they somehow manage to be 4 games better than the bills.

The ultimate difference between teams probably comes down to coaching (preparing to execute when it matters most in a game), and mental toughness as a team..which can also go back to coaching.

It's pretty sad to look at those numbers and see how close we are on paper to a possibly playoff birth yet somehow in reality, we're still so far away. :bag:

Two key considerations:

1. Vikings have a rookie FG kicker with multiple 50+ yard makes. Huge difference in close games. Meanwhile Chan is too big of a wuss to let Lindell even try. He'd rather punt from the opponents 34 yd line which is just plain pathetic.

2. Vikings net points is +28 while Bills is -110

Vikings have had a great season with quite a few upsets and also won in the games where it was a toss up. As far as building a team - not really they hate Ponder, have no number 2 reciever and barely a 1. On defense nearly everyone is in their 30's the ones that aren't will turn 30 by next year. I give them credit for making the playoffs but they haven't built anything.

If only Buddy had interviewed Leslie Frazier when he was looking for a coach. (devil emoticon)

Frazier made the right decision...same can be said for all those coaches who declined interviews seeing as how Nix could not implement nor develop a rebuilding strategy.

You also should have included rush attempts by both teams.

Vikings - 449

Bills - 411

So even though the opposing defenses keyed in on Peterson, Frazier still gave him the rock.

Of the top 10 teams in rushing attempts, 8 have a winning record.

This is exactly what I mean when I suggest the problem with Bills fans is that they are an extension of the Bills FO and accept mediocrity. Instead of benchmarking against the likes of Denver, Atlanta, Houston, New England, Greenbay, amd the Colts, the bar is set at the freakin Vikings.

It all comes down to the HC putting his players in position to make plays and utilizing them to the best of their abilities.

Two things scream at me about this years Buffalo Bills team...

First, is the defense that was supposed to be much improved under a known experienced DC. Instead, it tanked most of the season setting new NFL records for being bad. Wannstedt wrong choice for DC by a zillion miles.

Second, the offense and how Chan utilized the QB vs the RB's, only once this entire season did the RB's ever see 40 touches (Spiller / Jackson) and that was against the Jags. Fitz got 17 pass attempts. CJ Spiller just not utilized enough during the games. The man should have never left the field on offense unless he needed a breather. As dynamic a player as I've ever seen, he could have set new rushing / receiving records for the Bills. Chan Gailey calls way to many pass plays for a broken QB and not enough run plays.

Lastly, watching the offense attempt to run the two min drill at any point in the game was almost comical, Fitz was clueless as were most receivers. The goal is to drive down the field and score while preserving the clock. Against the Dolphins it took the bills almost 4:40 to do that in their last series. Even if they had managed to score they wouldn't have had enough time left to do anything. Considering it took so long to get down the field. Nobody runs out of bounds, nobody runs a route near the sideline. A QB with as much game experience as Fitz has should be well schooled in the 2 min drill, instead he is worse then any rookie QB I've ever watched. The Titans game Fitz had 4 shotgun attempts and couldn't even make a first down against that crappy Titans defense.

This comes down to coaching ineptitude, offense, defense, special teams. Gailey, Wannstooge, and the man that hired them both all gotta go.

The Bills do NOT give up a few more points. They give up a MASSIVE amount of more points. For giggles, let's just say the games play out in a fashion where the Bills manage to score the same amount, but let in 8 fewer points every game. Their record?

9-6.

Frazier made the right decision...same can be said for all those coaches who declined interviews seeing as how Nix could not implement nor develop a rebuilding strategy.

The way I remember it, Buddy interviewed Frazier early in the process but Buddy kept him hanging while the Bills kept getting rebuffed by other candidates. Frustrated, Frazier pulled himself from consideration.