Kyle Shanahan and Geno Smith = The perfect combo

SBUffalo

I actually don't expect Geno to go 1st overall unless he moves up boards through the process. The Chiefs have too many needs to bring a young QB in. I expect them to end up with one of the available QBs such as Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. I don't expect Jacksonville to draft him either. So we'll be waiting to see if somebody trades up ahead of us for him, or Philly takes him (I fullly expect them to go with Foles next season).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't expect Geno to go 1st overall unless he moves up boards through the process. The Chiefs have too many needs to bring a young QB in. I expect them to end up with one of the available QBs such as Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. I don't expect Jacksonville to draft him either. So we'll be waiting to see if somebody trades up ahead of us for him, or Philly takes him (I fullly expect them to go with Foles next season).

The Chiefs are an absolute disaster in the passing game and the run defense, but have a decent secondary and a great rushing game. I do think that they would be fine drafting Smith if they retained Dwayne Bowe and draft well.

Even though its early in the draft thoughts I think this draft is close to what we need to happen.

I dont think the Chiefs will move from the number one spot. They need a QB just as much as we do.

Think Glennon falls to us and even though he reminds me of Drew Bledsoe its a young Drew Bledsoe and I dont think right now the Bills will have a better option.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

The Chiefs are an absolute disaster in the passing game and the run defense, but have a decent secondary and a great rushing game. I do think that they would be fine drafting Smith if they retained Dwayne Bowe and draft well.

It's almost 100% that Dwayne Bowe will be gone. Most reports are saying that the Chiefs have already made that decision.

Fixed

As you note, Geno is very different from RGIII. He is mobile in the sense that he is shifty around the pocket and can dodge tacklers, but he is not a guy who has designed rush plays or likes to scramble. He's a pocket passer.

Jacksonville is going after Tebow so we do have a shot at Geno.

I actually don't expect Geno to go 1st overall unless he moves up boards through the process. The Chiefs have too many needs to bring a young QB in. I expect them to end up with one of the available QBs such as Alex Smith or Matt Flynn. I don't expect Jacksonville to draft him either.

If Jacksonville gets the #1 pick we could trade with them. No way KC does that but if Jacksonville signs Tebow they could do a lot with our pics to rebuild.

I wish I believed that Jacksonville and KC will not draft quarterbacks. But I don't.

Peace KOK.......ok? B-)

You too Bro...

This makes me uncomfortable. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

:nana: :nana:

If Jacksonville gets the #1 pick we could trade with them. Give up a lot but get a franchise qb (Geno Smith). No way KC does that but if Jacksonville signs Tebow they could do a lot with our pics to rebuild.

It's been stated that Jacksonville wants Tebow primarily as an h-back.

It shocks me that so many think that trading away draft picks to move up for ANY of the qb's in this draft is a good idea. I think many of you are forgetting how many records our defense set this year and that none of the qb's in this draft are too far apart from each other talent wise. We can get a geno smith with any pick in the first 2 rounds instead of trading away our picks and living with the many other holes this team has.

I wonder if anyone wanted to Cam Newton's offensive coordinator last offseason and if they would still want him now.

A lot of people wanted him then, and a lot of people still want him. Rob Chudzinski will get interviews around the league.

It shocks me that so many think that trading away draft picks to move up for ANY of the qb's in this draft is a good idea. I think many of you are forgetting how many records our defense set this year and that none of the qb's in this draft are too far apart from each other talent wise. We can get a geno smith with any pick in the first 2 rounds instead of trading away our picks and living with the many other holes this team has.

I don't want to move up for any QBs if it's a move that costs more than two picks (I would NOT give up two firsts, I wouldn't give up more than a first and a third which could get the deal done if it's a jump of just two spots or so).

If Geno is gone, I REALLY like Tyler Wilson. This guy has had shaky offensive lines and taken plenty of hits without letting it get to him. He's battle tested coming from the SEC. He's mature. He's got enough of an arm to be successful in the NFL.

A lot of people wanted him then, and a lot of people still want him. Rob Chudzinski will get interviews around the league.

I don't want to move up for any QBs if it's a move that costs more than two picks (I would NOT give up two firsts, I wouldn't give up more than a first and a third which could get the deal done if it's a jump of just two spots or so).

If Geno is gone, I REALLY like Tyler Wilson. This guy has had shaky offensive lines and taken plenty of hits without letting it get to him. He's battle tested coming from the SEC. He's mature. He's got enough of an arm to be successful in the NFL.

Yea I see what you mean your right in the sense it could be a cheap move up since we will be close to the spot were trading up to. I do agree that Geno is the closest thing to cant miss in this years qb class but I still think it would be smarter to use the picks to trade back into the first and get a qb and te'o. Also I like Tyler Wilson too. I also saw him take a beating in a couple games this year thanks to his o-line and he kept his composure and still played ok against those sec defenses.

Edited by DocLawless

The QB class this year is not that good. We need a gamechanger, wait until next year. If the Bills pass on Mantai Tao a true playmaker they are crazy. The last thing we need is some stiff that we have to suffer with for three years like JP or Fitz (or everyone else since Jim Kelly) before we have to retool again. Get some cast offs to come to camp and compete for the start next year, Fitz can carry the clipboard. He needs to get off the field before he gets killed. If anyone thinks they are close to the playoffs they are delusional. It will take a new HC, OC and DC and GM before that can happen. The team is in a holding pattern until the ownership change so I don't believe these changes will be made until then.

Kyle Shanahan is decent at best. He was pretty bad before this season. I live in the Redskins' market, so I see all their games. I think their succes has a lot more to do with RGIII than it does Kyle.

Agreed. KS, early this season, was getting Griffin beaten to hell out there until he figured out (with a lot of help from the highly critical press ) that moderation was better for the health of the team and the quarterback. In any case, the chances of us getting Smith are slim and getting Shanahan even slimmer.

Doesn't Belichick have a son on his staff? If he does, I'd rather we hired him than the Rat's son. Kyle Shanahan specializes in cursing out officials, getting his daddy's coffee, and gravy-training his last name to earn hefty paychecks from gullible NFL owners. Why not Brian Shottenheimer? His offenses have been exhilarating to watch in recent years. Maybe Mike Shula will come to Buffalo. They have great last names- big deal! I do Like Geno; I just don't want him coached by another Lane Kiffin-type.

The guy we need to get is Roman OC 49ers, This guy is innovative runs multiple sets both in the run and pass gm, The 49ers play that physical brand of football that we`ve been lacking in the last 10plus yrs. Roman has also been a key in the developments of 2 QB`s 1 that was a bust #1 overall pick ( Alex Smith ) and Colin Kaepernick the unpolished kid from Nevada. So he has the track record of getting the best out of his players

He can also bring in Smith with him to ease the transition and i say draft 2 QB`s. Draft anyone of those QB`s in the second round, there should be plenty options Landry, Wilson, Murray, Nassib or Glennon. Also in the 3rd round i would take Logan Thomas from Vtech. If he decides to come out. We can develop that kid for a couple of yrs and see what happens. This kid has talent but just needs to be developed. Roman is a bright young coach. Reading his bio he has coached alot of positions TE`s, QB`s, OL, Defensive quality coach. So he is well rounded on both sides of the ball. But his bread and butter is the running game. They even went as far as saying he is a genius in designing running plays.. With our Backs and Oline we will be hard to stop.

HIRE Roman