Kyle Shanahan and Geno Smith = The perfect combo

SBUffalo

Doesn't Belichick have a son on his staff? If he does, I'd rather we hired him than the Rat's son. Kyle Shanahan specializes in cursing out officials, getting his daddy's coffee, and gravy-training his last name to earn hefty paychecks from gullible NFL owners. Why not Brian Shottenheimer? His offenses have been exhilarating to watch in recent years. Maybe Mike Shula will come to Buffalo. They have great last names- big deal! I do Like Geno; I just don't want him coached by another Lane Kiffin-type.

A son who has been on the staff (and in coaching) for six months. Some ideas..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy we need to get is Roman OC 49ers, This guy is innovative runs multiple sets both in the run and pass gm, The 49ers play that physical brand of football that we`ve been lacking in the last 10plus yrs. Roman has also been a key in the developments of 2 QB`s 1 that was a bust #1 overall pick ( Alex Smith ) and Colin Kaepernick the unpolished kid from Nevada. So he has the track record of getting the best out of his players

He can also bring in Smith with him to ease the transition and i say draft 2 QB`s. Draft anyone of those QB`s in the second round, there should be plenty options Landry, Wilson, Murray, Nassib or Glennon. Also in the 3rd round i would take Logan Thomas from Vtech. If he decides to come out. We can develop that kid for a couple of yrs and see what happens. This kid has talent but just needs to be developed. Roman is a bright young coach. Reading his bio he has coached alot of positions TE`s, QB`s, OL, Defensive quality coach. So he is well rounded on both sides of the ball. But his bread and butter is the running game. They even went as far as saying he is a genius in designing running plays.. With our Backs and Oline we will be hard to stop.

HIRE Roman

I was listening to a philly sports station yesterday and they had Sal Paolantonio on and Sal said that two coordinators that were on a lot of short lists were Mike McCoy and Greg Roman.

So I went to youtube to see what these two guys were like. Roman seemed like a monotone, sleepy, low key kind of a guy. That's what I don't want here after Jauron and Gailey. McCoy seemed like an alert, strong and determined guy with a "no BS, do your job or else" kind of a vibe. That's what I do want.

NOTE TO BOARD: It is no longer appropriate to point out perceptions of QBs based on race. This means if someone compares Geno Smith to Jamarcus Russell you must base any response on the assumption that the comparison is based purely on their play. And race has absolutely nothing to do with the perception that Geno Smith, despite not running in college to amount to anything, is considered the hybrid run/pass QB of the future.

Pointing any such obvious truth is likely to offend the low IQ, big p*##¥ segment of the mod community and is therefore strictly forbidden here at PCD.

Jacksonville is going after Tebow so we do have a shot at Geno. Geno is the best QB in this years draft. We need to loose to the Jets this week.

What about Ryan Nassib?? I think he actually has more NFL potential than anyone out there is giving him credit for. I think Nassib would be great behind Fitz for a year. Then give him the keys. He has a huge arm.

NOTE TO BOARD: It is no longer appropriate to point out perceptions of QBs based on race. This means if someone compares Geno Smith to Jamarcus Russell you must base any response on the assumption that the comparison is based purely on their play. And race has absolutely nothing to do with the perception that Geno Smith, despite not running in college to amount to anything, is considered the hybrid run/pass QB of the future.

Pointing any such obvious truth is likely to offend the low IQ, big p*##¥ segment of the mod community and is therefore strictly forbidden here at PCD.

Geno Smith is a classic pocket passer who always has his eyes down field making sight adjustments. While he has good pocket movement nobody should classify him as a running QB. He's just not. Anyone saying that hasn't watched him play that often.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

What about Ryan Nassib?? I think he actually has more NFL potential than anyone out there is giving him credit for. I think Nassib would be great behind Fitz for a year. Then give him the keys. He has a huge arm.

I like Nassib but not enough to want him here.

I was originally against Geno because of his height . I typically only like QBs that are 6-4 or taller but Geno at 6-2/6-3 is the real deal and is worth trading up for (to a point), I wouldn't make a RG3 type of trade but something a little more modest is warranted.