4 Fire Fighters shot, 2 killed, here in Webster NY

JÂy RÛßeÒ

:cry:

Confusing article though. No active shooter or shooters? Because they escaped, are dead, in custody?

Apparently the SWAT team has left the area so I guess that area at least is secure. Haven't heard about anyone being caught yet.

UPDATE: Now saying they believe shooter is deceased at the scene.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

As of 1 PM:

• Police believe fire(s) were set as a trap as shooter waited and targeted first responders
  • Shooter reportedly found dead at scene of gunshot wound, unsure if self-inflicted or shot by pursuing police. No other details on shooter.
  • 2 surviving victims both have undergone surgery with significant bone injuries due to gunshot wounds, one to pelvis other to shoulder/chest.
  • All victims were volunteer fire fighters
  • one of the deceased was also a lieutenant in the Webster police department, the other was also a dispatcher.
  • Fires are still burning with 8 homes involved at this time. Unable to get into homes to see if there are any other victims.

Details on the shooter (name withheld so as to give him as little publicity as possible):

• Convicted of manslaughter in 1980 for the beating death of his grandmother (with a hammer)
  • Released after 17 years in 1997, finished supervised parole in 2006
  • Mother passed away 2 months ago, and she requested that memorials go to the West Webster volunteer fire/ambulance corps
  • Fire started on his property
  • His sister is unaccounted for
  • Took his own life

I just learned that one of the victims (Chip) was a former classmate of mine. Always an all-around good guy.

What a total waste.

On top of the deaths, we shouldn't forget that 7 houses were burned to the ground. Imagine what those poor people are going through right now.

Edited by Kiwi Bills fan

Details on the shooter (name withheld so as to give him as little publicity as possible):

• Convicted of manslaughter in 1980 for the beating death of his grandmother (with a hammer)
  • Released after 17 years in 1997, finished supervised parole in 2006
  • Mother passed away 2 months ago, and she requested that memorials go to the West Webster volunteer fire/ambulance corps
  • Fire started on his property
  • His sister is unaccounted for
  • Took his own life

His names out there and he's dead so it doesn't matter. spitting image of buffalo bill from silence of lambs

http://www.politisite.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/William-Spengle.jpg

Honestly after murdering his grandmother with a hammer why was he ever walking the streets again? Either lethal injection or 40 life sentences with no parole. Preferably the former because I don't want to pay taxes so his kind can rot in jail. Some things are just so bad IMO you forfeit your place in society. Nothing good comes putting him back on the streets

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

His names out there and he's dead so it doesn't matter. spitting image of buffalo bill from silence of lambs

http://www.politisit...iam-Spengle.jpg

Honestly after murdering his grandmother with a hammer why was he ever walking the streets again? Either lethal injection or 40 life sentences with no parole. Preferably the former because I don't want to pay taxes so his kind can rot in jail. Some things are just so bad IMO you forfeit your place in society. Nothing good comes putting him back on the streets

I really do not understand our world. At a time that is meaningful to everyone there can be so much tragedy. This world has a lot of bad and all the rest of us can do is enjoy our time with family and make it matter.

As of 1 PM:

• Police believe fire(s) were set as a trap as shooter waited and targeted first responders
  • Shooter reportedly found dead at scene of gunshot wound, unsure if self-inflicted or shot by pursuing police. No other details on shooter.
  • 2 surviving victims both have undergone surgery with significant bone injuries due to gunshot wounds, one to pelvis other to shoulder/chest.
  • All victims were volunteer fire fighters
  • one of the deceased was also a lieutenant in the Webster police department, the other was also a dispatcher.
  • Fires are still burning with 8 homes involved at this time. Unable to get into homes to see if there are any other victims.

This whole situation makes me wonder about how many of these crazy f***ers are floating around our neighborhoods....watching our children play on the playground. Really, this guy bludgened his grandmother to death with a hammer, and he only does 17 years in prison?!?! The system is broken.

Its not the system... its the guns...

This whole situation makes me wonder about how many of these crazy f***ers are floating around our neighborhoods....watching our children play on the playground. Really, this guy bludgened his grandmother to death with a hammer, and he only does 17 years in prison?!?! The system is broken.