Young QBs leading teams to the Playoffs

26CornerBlitz

1. Add Dalton to your list.

2. Not trying to discredit him, but the 49ers would've made it without Kaepernick.

3. Ponder stinks. He isn't "leading" the Vikings anywhere.

Forgot about Dalton and good point on Ponder. Ponder is a great beneficiary of Adrian Peterson. Kaepernick makes the 49ers better with his deep ball ability.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Forgot about Dalton and good point on Ponder. Ponder is a great beneficiary of Adrian Peterson. Kaepernick makes the 49ers better with his deep ball ability.

Don't get me wrong - I like Kaepernick. But San Fran was well on its way to the playoffs with Smith. QB change or not, they'd have made the postseason.

1. Add Dalton to your list.

2. Not trying to discredit him, but the 49ers would've made it without Kaepernick.

3. Ponder stinks. He isn't "leading" the Vikings anywhere.

I watched the Steelers/Bengals game....Dalton was going against the #1 defense in the NFL and made some clutch throws that Fitz cannot even dream about. Buddy really screwed up in not getting Dalton two drafts ago and the Kid has taken the Bengals to back-to-back playoffs and instead of that we have a bust in Aaron Williams....

Class of 2004: Rivers, Big Ben, & Eli getting schooled by guys 8-9 years younger.

The change of guard in the NFL...except that Brady/Manning are still passing for 4000+ yards/30TDs ....Damn....Where did we go so wrong....

Wilson is doing really well in Seattle. He wouldn't look near as good here.. Seattle has a really hood D. We don't. Seattle has a great running game and a coach that USES it unlike us. He has really good WRs that catch a lot of jump balls from him that our guys would never come down with. He is really good, but he is in a perfect situation there. If he were our guy we'd still be running the BS Gailey dink 'n dunk offense and we'd be calling him a bust.. And that's assuming he was even playing and not backing up Fitz and Pigpen in order "to learn the system."

Edited by reddogblitz

Wilson is doing really well in Seattle. He wouldn't look near as good here.. Seattle has a really hood D. We don't. Seattle has a great running game and a coach that USES it unlike us. He has really good WRs that catch a lot of jump balls from him that our guys would never come down with. He is really good, but he is in a perfect situation there. If he were our guy we'd still be running the BS Gailey dink 'n dunk offense and we'd be calling him a bust.. And that's assuming he was even playing and not backing up Fitz and Pigpen in order "to learn the system."

Don't agree with you. Fitz has missed on so many opportunities for plays this year with inaccurate throws that Wilson would make given his much better accuracy, athleticism, and poise under pressure. The O-line has protected well in many games this year and I think the team would be so much better with competent QB play.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I really don't agree with you, although he might be just a tad less succesful, Fitz has been putrid. It seems like Fitz has no awareness of the pass rush, as he fumbles at least once just about every game. How many times has there been an open receiver downfield that and Fitz's pass wasn't even in the same zip code? Wilson can make those throws. Fitz has at least one pass, normally many more then that, batted down every single game-that doesn't happen to Wilson. Fitz almost always throws a terrible pass for an interception when the game in on the line, Wilson throws very few picks. I have heard from quite a few so called experts, that the only reason Wilson wasn't a top 10 pick was because of his height, and Drew Brees has shown that isn't all that important. As far as Andy Dalton-who needs him, we got Aaron Williams right ahead of him? Barf.

Already in:

Kaepernick, Luck ,and Wilson.

In serious contention: RGIII and Ponder.

So glad we can win with Fitz. :sick:

Good young QBs, Dalton too, but if any of them had been in Buffalo, they wouldn't have been able to lead the Bills to the playoffs imo. I would still take any one of them to build around, but with this organization who knows if that could have been done the right way. I bet not.

I'm tired of people saying Ponder sucks and Dalton isn't as good as people think. They have their teams either in or on the brink of the playoffs. Ponder made plays at Houston and didn't screw up. Anyway, yeah the Bills are behind the curve once again. Instead of drafting a Mallett (like i begged them to)...we have to wait until other teams prove you can win with a young QB before Buffalo buys in to it. Frustrating.

I'm tired of people saying Ponder sucks and Dalton isn't as good as people think. They have their teams either in or on the brink of the playoffs. Ponder made plays at Houston and didn't screw up. Anyway, yeah the Bills are behind the curve once again. Instead of drafting a Mallett (like i begged them to)...we have to wait until other teams prove you can win with a young QB before Buffalo buys in to it. Frustrating.

I think Nix's plan on finding a franchise QB is to let another team spend the draft pick on the QB, then when he bombs there we either get him for a 4th or 5th round pick or off of waivers. Someone needs to make Nix aware, that if the QB were any good, he probably would still be on the team that drafted him.

There is San Francisco.

Then beyond 4 teams there is really no one else. Atlanta, Houston, New England and Green Bay - those teams are the tops. Baltimore has a good chance if they can get healthy. All 5 of those teams do not have rookies and will go the furthest.

I could see Seattle coming on strong because of this late season break in stride but If it is not Atlanta, Green Bay or SF against Houston or New England then I would be shocked. Indianapolis and Cinci have a slim shot at the AFC Championship game and next to no chance making it to the Super Bowl.

So, yeah, if you just want to get to the playoffs, ok... but as a franchise I am tired of just getting to the playoffs. All or nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

So, yeah, if you just want to get to the playoffs, ok... but as a franchise I am tired of just getting to the playoffs. All or nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

Cuz that string of early round playoff losses we got going is getting ridiculous.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle if you keep tossing the bottles in the recycling bin.

Cuz that string of early round playoff losses we got going is getting ridiculous.

You can't catch lightning in a bottle if you keep tossing the bottles in the recycling bin.

i am tired of hearing jokes about the Bills not winning the Championship.

Also, at least when you recycle the bottles you get some value out of it next time to get more bottles...eventually, the right bottle will be found and we will be able to catch it. With the team we have now, I do not think we have the right bottles... too many questions and the few great players we had getting older GWilson, FJackson, NBarnett, KWilliams, SJohnson...positions which are very important with any team.