Not just another new Head Coach thread

mrags

Ok. I know there's already tons if threads in firing Gailey, firing Nix, firing Fitz. This isn't the normal fire everyone thread.

Of course we all know from past instances that no one wants to coach here right? Well, I believe that isn't the case this time around and I'm going to prove it.

Just think, your an aspiring coordinator in this league. Maybe one Thats recently been fired as a head coach and looking for another chance, like Jack Del Rio. Someone that's boasted the Broncos defense to Elite status. Maybe someone else. Maybe a coordinator like Bruce Ariens or Rob Ryan. Maybe a college coach looking for his big NFL shot like Chip Kelly. The possibilities are endless. Someone will want a shot, or another shot in cases like Del Rio.

Why wouldn't they? Well, there's always the fact that Buffalo is a cold, dark, rusty city. There's nothing to do here. The money and game aren't as good as anywhere else in the league and neither is the weather.

Maybe there's no stability because of a 94 year old owner that hasn't been seen publicly in months. Or maybe it's the thought of the team moving onto bigger and brighter cities in the near future.

Above all of those things, we have some dominance with this team. There has to be someone interested in this shot. There has to be someone that believes they can make CJ Spiller the league MVP after watching him dominate this season in such a small role. There has to be someone interested in the thought of Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus and Super Mario rushing the passer every down. The thought of having one of the better offensive lines in football and a young Stephon Gilmore and Jarius Byrd in the defensive backfield. Some coach would have to look at the possibility of a 3-7th draft pick. One that could easily be traded up for just about any position and any player to come out of college this season. Some coach would have to see nothing but good coming from the lease deal to keep the Bills here in Buffalo at least 7 years and the potential to be longer.

On another post I read, someone was comparing CJ to Barry Sanders. That might be a bit if an exaggeration. At least at this point. But the thought is there. The possibilities are there. The idea of CJ even becoming Faulk, Holmes, LT, or Westbrook for 3 years are enough to pull someone into the area.

We haven't even gotten rid of this GM or coach. But there's no doubt that the right coach could get a ton of money here. More than other places because we don't have a choice but to pay top dollar if we do choose to go that route. There's no doubt that a hot college coach would love a shot. There's no doubt that a coordinator looking for a shot wouldn't take it or a guy like Del Rio looking for another chance.

More than anything, I think the thought of Spiller would attract some coach looking to run it like crazy or utilize him in the passing game ala Marshall Faulk or LT. If Chan goes, somebody will be excited to get that shot at getting the most explosive back in the league (exception to AP) to create a dominant offense. Especially with such an early pick in the draft and a possibility at someone like Geno Smith.

Ok, I just thought it would be fun to think about the possibilities. Thought I could get a lot if it in one thread. Mods, feel free to merge, or close if you think it's just like the rest.

If a coach, QB, GM, Owner....whoever, come in and turned this thing around they would be a GOD in WNY!

I really do feel we have players on the team but need a few more!

This FO has had more whiffs then hits with the draft!

Im watching 2 young QBs with Wilson and Kapernick play, 2 guys who are going to have great careers! 2 guys we could have drafted! And didnt cause our FO didnt think they were good enough!

To me that says it all...

I'm living on the southern Oregon coast now. So, the Chip Kelly and Ducks talk is non stop. About a week ago he was being interviewed and said NO one in the NFL has contacted him yet this year. Probably blowing smoke. And, I don't care what WEO thinks. But, throw a boat load of money at him and see what a new fresh mind can do in the NFL. One thing for sure, Spiller will be running the ball in a Kelly O.

I'm living on the southern Oregon coast now. So, the Chip Kelly and Ducks talk is non stop. About a week ago he was being interviewed and said NO one in the NFL has contacted him yet this year. Probably blowing smoke. And, I don't care what WEO thinks. But, throw a boat load of money at him and see what a new fresh mind can do in the NFL. One thing for sure, Spiller will be running the ball in a Kelly O.

If he was to come to Buffalo who the hell would run his style of offense? Vick?

I don't know about Vick. But hire him after the bowl game and let him hand pick his rookie. he knows who's good out there that's for sure. I think he's ready to go. A huge check is all it will take.

Oregon's Athletic director has even said they can see him leaving soon, but his system will stay there.

Is he the perfect candidate? Probably not. But if his game translates to the NFL he could do some damage quickly.

my best friend swears that the Bills will be bringing in Vick this off season.

With that said, maybe a new coach comes in, we just happen to have the 3-5th pick in the draft. He trades the 1st and 2nd next year and 1st and 2nd this year (maybe for less, I don't know the going rates) to get from 3 or 5 to #1 and get Geno Smith. He then picks up Vick via FA and has an all out battle for the best QB to start the season with Vick knowing that with each week that he starts, he gets closer to being benched in favor of Smith. Or knowing that in the 4th week when he goes down with another broken run, Smith takes the lead for good and Vick is the long term backup.

All just a wish list depending on what you like. Most here would love Geno Smith so I'm assuming it would be welcomed.

Honestly I think Chan will be back next year and I'm OK with it. We lost today because we turned the ball over on half of our possessions and we couldn't protect our QB, who struggles with accuracy even with lots of time to throw.

Spiller had over 25 touches and was utilized perfectly.

Chan can't make the passes himself, he can't play linebacker and he can't pass protect at age 65. He works with what the GM gives him to work with.

Chip Kelly is going to be the most sought after college coach. He will go to a better organization like Philly or he will end up with Cam Newton in Carolina

Many thought that last year. But then Tampa Bay low balled him and he went back to the Ducks.

But I agree someone is going to go after him. Cam Newton may interest him but really he seems to plug in any quarterback and go. This year he went with a frigging freshman, and came within one game.

Honestly I think Chan will be back next year and I'm OK with it. We lost today because we turned the ball over on half of our possessions and we couldn't protect our QB, who struggles with accuracy even with lots of time to throw.

Chan can't make the passes himself, he can't play linebacker and he can't pass protect at age 65. He works with what the GM gives him to work with.

Your crazy!!! Players have the mentality of their coach! Big ole pussies!!!

Dumbest post of the day, including the idiotic "Redneck" thread.

Have you seen Oregon?

Great gimmicky college offense that won't translate to the NFL. I don't want a cllege coach.

*I would like Marty and Brian.

Not quite as gimmicky as you would think. he plays the numbers game, and does his homework. One thing for sure he wouldn't be punting from the 34, running quarterback sneaks, or walking the team to the LOS.

I would agree with ALL of this if the Tennessee game Didnt happen this year. Or Arizona, St Louis or the Cinci game last year.

I agree with a better QB he's a better coach. The problem, is so would lots of coaches. As a head coach in this league, you work with what you have. You coach to your strengths and Chan hasn't done that in 2 years. He's completely wiffed on CJ and his possibilities and he's been bad at best at game day management in all areas and on all levels.

Dumbest post of the day, including the idiotic "Redneck" thread.

thanks for your informative post in this thread. Maybe you should post something worthwhile sometime. Out of your 1,000 posts, I doubt you ever have anything good to say.

my best friend swears that the Bills will be bringing in Vick this off season.

With that said, maybe a new coach comes in, we just happen to have the 3-5th pick in the draft. He trades the 1st and 2nd next year and 1st and 2nd this year (maybe for less, I don't know the going rates) to get from 3 or 5 to #1 and get Geno Smith. He then picks up Vick via FA and has an all out battle for the best QB to start the season with Vick knowing that with each week that he starts, he gets closer to being benched in favor of Smith. Or knowing that in the 4th week when he goes down with another broken run, Smith takes the lead for good and Vick is the long term backup.

All just a wish list depending on what you like. Most here would love Geno Smith so I'm assuming it would be welcomed.

most would not.

And Geno isn't some running QB either so the comparisons to Vick need to stop, he's more like Leftwich but smaller but not a statue.

welp all things considered im still ok with chuddly coming back for another cycle. non-competitive, mistake filled games like today are piling up and do make me concerned for their in-ability for them to pull out of it - aaaaagain

but the final analysis still says one more cycle is better than the alternative at this time. in reality there is less to lose this way then starting over. chan does have some impressive offensive success on his resume, as does wannstachio on his. are they really washed up and unsuited for the nfl? or would another infusion of talent and heart pay dividends?

stay tuned for the next episode of ... bills of our lives

Chip Kelly doesn't follow the NFL. He only has one former player there...

Anyway, no future HC is going to say "I would love to build an offense around scatback CJ Spiller."

Chip Kelly is going to be the most sought after college coach. He will go to a better organization like Philly or he will end up with Cam Newton in Carolina

Have you seen Oregon?

Great gimmicky college offense that won't translate to the NFL. I don't want a cllege coach.

*I would like Marty and Brian.

As I've stated numerous times, I'm not good with hiring Chip Kelly.

I know of zero head coaches who were successful in the NFL after never having coached in the NFL.

Kelly has not even been an assistant in the NFL.

As I've stated numerous times, I'm not good with hiring Chip Kelly.

I know of zero head coaches who were successful in the NFL after never having coached in the NFL.

Kelly has not even been an assistant in the NFL.

Did Harbaugh coach in the NFL? Legit question.

Make that the 2nd dumbest post of the day.

All your 1,001 posts now are extremely informative. Thanks again.

No need to reply. Going to bed now and have to work 16 hours a day the next 4 days so ill probably never open this thread again. But keep chuggin along with those great posts.

All your 1,001 posts now are extremely informative. Thanks again.

No need to reply. Going to bed now and have to work 16 hours a day the next 4 days so ill probably never open this thread again. But keep chuggin along with those great posts.

You bet. Merry Christmas!