Petition - FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is, it is a money grab when you put your team at a disadvantage that no other team has on an annual basis for the sake of money. That my friend is a money grab. Plain and simple.

Pure opinion...plain and simple...

Some FACTS, please.....pulled from Wiki....

The National Football League's Green Bay Packers played two or three home games per year at Milwaukee County Stadium from 1953 to 1994, after using Wisconsin State Fair Park in nearby West Allis and also Marquette Stadium. The Packers compiled a 76–47–3 (.617) mark in 126 regular-season County Stadium contests over 42 seasons. County Stadium hosted at least one pre-season game annually during this time as well (except 1983), including the Upper Midwest Shrine Game. Financial considerations prompted the Packers to move some of their games to Milwaukee starting with the 1933 season. However, by 1995, multiple renovations to Lambeau Field made it more lucrative for the Packers to play their full home slate in Green Bay again for the first time since 1932.[30] Former Milwaukee ticket holders were offered tickets at Lambeau to one pre-season game and games 2 and 5 of the regular season schedule, in what is referred to as the "Gold package."

The Minnesota Vikings (15 times) were the Packers' most frequent foe at County Stadium, as the Packers would traditionally host at least one divisional rival from the NFC Central in Milwaukee each season. Only once, however, did the Packers play their ancient arch-rivals, the Chicago Bears, in Milwaukee, defeating the Bears 20–3 in 1974. On November 26, 1989, a County Stadium record crowd of 55,892 saw the Packers beat the Vikings, 20–19.[31] The Packers' final game at County Stadium was a 21–17 victory over the Atlanta Falcons on December 18, 1994; with fourteen seconds left, the winning 9-yard touchdown run was scored by quarterback Brett Favre. Coincidentally, Atlanta was Favre's first NFL address in 1991, and the city to which the baseball Braves moved almost three decades earlier.

The Packers also hosted one NFL playoff game at County Stadium, the December 23, 1967 Western Conference Championship against the Los Angeles Rams.[32] By beating the Rams 28–7, the Packers would face the Dallas Cowboys in the famed Ice Bowl at Lambeau 8 days later.

Edited by RkFast

The difference is, it is a money grab when you put your team at a disadvantage that no other team has on an annual basis for the sake of money. That my friend is a money grab. Plain and simple.

Except for the packers, for decades, or the jaguars are doing by moving a home game accross the ocean?

And whos putting the team at a disadvantage? Is it there stellar home record where they are unbeaten at RWS? as I said before if the fans don't want the team to be at a disadvantage playing only 90 minutes from RWS, Go to the game and make some noise. If you refuse to do that and would rather just throw a tantrum and demand that Russ be fired for trying to help keep the team viable and make money in Buffalo, your just as much of the problem

Since you're so down on the Toronto series, apparently you're wagering on another Buffalo-loving Terry Pegula-type outbidding everyone else, buying the Bills and keeping them here. I, on the other hand, think it's smart to prepare for the winning bidder to be a group of shrewd investors who are only looking to maximize the return on their investments. Your plan to keep the team in Buffalo is a pretty big gamble IMO. I'm not feeling as lucky as you apparently do.

Explain why the average investor would bother to keep the Bills in Buffalo if it hasn't tried to cultivate the Toronto market?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

No offense, but this thread is a waste of time as nothing will change until ownership changes.

Ralph Wilson has his man trained to a tee, money first, and wins...if they happen to win all the better.. if not, C'est la vie.

Yeah.....good luck finding an ownership group looking to shell out a billion dollars for an NFL team and then run it as a non-profit.

Edited by RkFast

Yeah.....good luck finding an ownership group looking to shell out a billion dollars for an NFL team and then run it as a non-profit.

The team is more than profitable without the moronic toronto series, plain and simple, but like most go ahead and continue to kid yourself. If it was just additional revenue needed, then the "Genius"(laughable) Russ Brandon would have sold the stadium's naming rights for anywhere bewteen 6 and 10 million dollars a year. Yep, that's the league average, but the "Genius"(Still hard to even write sarcastically) Russ Brandon is too stupid to tap into that revenue which would exceed this idiotic series.

So why then are they robbing WNY of revenue and shipping a game off to Canada? Regionalization? Naahhh, only the simplest of minds could believe that, it's to butter up the franchise for an easy move out of town.

It has already been rumored that this new deal does not even bring in more money than if the games were to be played in Orchard Park, and the net loss for local businesses alone adds additional tax revenue losses to Erie county that if factored into the deal would be a net loss to the team, but lets not get too logical about this blasphemous "toronto series" Russ says "We need this to stay viable in WNY" What a joke.

FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!!

The team is more than profitable without the moronic toronto series, plain and simple, but like most go ahead and continue to kid yourself. If it was just additional revenue needed, then the "Genius"(laughable) Russ Brandon would have sold the stadium's naming rights for anywhere bewteen 6 and 10 million dollars a year. Yep, that's the league average, but the "Genius"(Still hard to even write sarcastically) Russ Brandon is too stupid to tap into that revenue which would exceed this idiotic series.

So why then are they robbing WNY of revenue and shipping a game off to Canada? Regionalization? Naahhh, only the simplest of minds could believe that, it's to butter up the franchise for an easy move out of town.

It has already been rumored that this new deal does not even bring in more money than if the games were to be played in Orchard Park, and the net loss for local businesses alone adds additional tax revenue losses to Erie county that if factored into the deal would be a net loss to the team, but lets not get too logical about this blasphemous "toronto series" Russ says "We need this to stay viable in WNY" What a joke.

The naming rights don't belong to the Bills. It isn't their stadium. It's a county/state owned stadium.

You are right they don't own the stadium, but I do believe as part of the lease they do own the rights to naming the stadium.

Nope, I think that went away with the last deal we had with Erie County. Hence the agreement to call it Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Edited by VABills

until Russ Brandon gets off his lazy a$$ and starts selling off MORE Bills home games, he's stealing Ralph's money as far as I'm concerned.

What idiot couldn't figure out that Bob Kraft would cough up $10million in a heartbeat to play the Bills twice every year in Foxboro. Jets too...they'd be happy to pony up that much to get us there a 2nd time...they'd make that back in parking and beer alone. You might have to lower the price a buck or two for the fish, but they are paying the man to MARKET the team, so cmon Russ, GET TA MARKETING!

Is this the optimal situation? Maybe not. But everyone knows Buffalo doesn't deserve a team anyway, so in order to keep the team VIABLE it will require the Bills to REGIONALIZE the entire east coast, creating the 1ST LARGEST MARKET IN THE NATION! Once this is accomplished, you can be sure the Bills will be in Buffalo forever. Once the job is done we'll have no more home games and the Bills future in buffalo will be secure. And think of what you'll save on season tickets!

You're deluded if you don't think this is 100% necessary to keep the Bills here. And remember, Russ GREW UP IN EAST SYRACUSE so obviously everything he says is true.

Edited by jester43

The team is more than profitable without the moronic toronto series, plain and simple, but like most go ahead and continue to kid yourself.

Have you seen the books?

If it was just additional revenue needed, then the "Genius"(laughable) Russ Brandon would have sold the stadium's naming rights for anywhere bewteen 6 and 10 million dollars a year

How do you come up with this figure?

. Yep, that's the league average, but the "Genius"(Still hard to even write sarcastically) Russ Brandon is too stupid to tap into that revenue which would exceed this idiotic series.

How do you know he didnt try? And how do you know that revenue from naming rights would exceed revenue the Toronto series brought in?

, it's to butter up the franchise for an easy move out of town.

Opening up new local revenue streams locally is a ploy to help move the team away from those streams? Huh?

So why then are they robbing WNY of revenue and shipping a game off to Canada? Regionalization? Naahhh, only the simplest of minds could believe that

Bills season ticket subscruptions from CA are UP from 11% to 20% of total since the series started.

It has already been rumored that this new deal does not even bring in more money than if the games were to be played in Orchard Park

Theres also a "rumor" that Rob Johnson is coming back to the Bills. I read it!

, and the net loss for local businesses alone adds additional tax revenue losses to Erie county that if factored into the deal would be a net loss to the team,

Figures, please.

but lets not get too logical about this blasphemous "toronto series"

So "blasphemous" that the NFL team considered the crown jewel of the league had an out of town home game played for over 60 years, INCLUDING playoff games.

Russ says "We need this to stay viable in WNY" What a joke.

So the team DOESNT need to remain viable?

OK, Chuck.

Edited by RkFast

Have you guys seen the fan map posted on another thread?

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18d0rfk0hn1lppng/original.png

Most clubs have large regional fan bases.

Buffalo's, fan base on the other hand, is geographically one of the smallest - including only Buffalo and outlying areas. And the Buffalo itself isn't very populous.

We really need Southern Ontario.

Yeah, listening to him this morning was painful. It's his job to spin things positively, but he came across to me like he was saying: "Listen, Bills fans are always going to buy tickets. No matter what we decide to do, you shmucks are still coming in. So I don't care what you say, we're staying the course".

Do you see things differently?

I don't. Been that way for five seasons now. Any PoS team that they field, y'all go runnin'. Those of us that have said boycott the BS get chastised and labeled "not real fans" etc.

Who's laughing now? ... well actually no one's really laughing, but who's got the proverbial "last laugh" now. Seems to me there's a humongous heaping bowl of STFU and See-I-Told-You-So on the table for anyone that has foolishly made this organization profitable under the foolish notion that their short-term "buy in" in this way would somehow keep the team in Buffalo after Wilson croaks.

Just sayin'.

Every season it's the same thing and I'm sure there will be more of it this year too.

If Brandon does think what you said, he's absolutely right. If there's been any downturn in tix sales in recent years it's quite likely that it has a lot more to do with the down economy than the actual play of the team. Tix sales are down in most NFL cities that aren't in the biggest metro areas in the country. It's obviously not because they all suck as bad as our Bills.

The home opener will be packed again, along with the next three or four games after that rendering your thoughts spot-on.

The team is more than profitable without the moronic toronto series, plain and simple, but like most go ahead and continue to kid yourself.

How can you be the judge of "more than profitable" unless you are the investor borrowing hundreds of millions to buy the team and need to see a certain % of ROI on your money? Profitibility is in the eye of the investor my friend. What's enough profit for you, may well be a bad investment to someone else.

What you fail to understand is, the Toronto series is "relocation insurance" in the sense that it improves the attractiveness of the WNY market for the NEXT owners.

This miserable toronto series is BY FAR the worst thing to happen to the Bills in their entire sports history, it is an embarrassment to the team, the city of Buffalo, and has become a national punch line. After listening to Russ Brandon on the radio, it is VERY clear he is clueless to what this team needs to be successful, and does not care what fans, player, or anyone with common sense in the media have said. he continues to claim the game is a success, but even Canadian callers admit that they left the game this past Sunday NOT because the Bills were losing, but the experience was a complete bust.

I would like to publicly petition his removal, and get someone who knows that a team that plays less home games than the rest of the league will never be successful. The formula is simple, win games and the stadium will sell out in Buffalo, THE END. If the team plays better, the atmosphere will never favor the Bills at rogers center, so what is the point? the answer is painfully obvious, it is simply a cash grab with no regard to the team's loyal fanbase.

There are simply so many other ways to bring fans and corporate support to the team from Toronto, like possibly SELL naming rights to a toronto based business? SELL luxury suites and packages to toronto based businesses? SELL advertising to toronto based businesses? SELL tickets and travel packages to toronto residents? GOOD LORD that can't possibly help the team!! NO, Instead, give away a HOME game where they Bills are at a DISADVANTAGE!!!

Think the team's long term survival in Buffalo is the reason for this abomination? Then why is the City's name not present in the promotional material? "Bills in toronto series" is everywhere, but nowhere is it called the Buffalo Bills in toronto.

Ignore the facts if you want, but I simply don't know how anyone can fool themselves into thinking this is good for the city of Buffalo or the Bills anymore, I thought we were all smarter than that.

After hearing Russ on the radio this morning, I am convinced he is on a mission, and completely ignoring the obvious. FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!

NOTE - I.M. me your name and I will add it to the list, also if you'd like to add some brief comments, I will create a spot for your voice to be heard.

ALSO - SIGN THIS PETITION IN THE LINK PROVIDED BELOW:

https://www.change.o...-toronto-series

Lets stand up and stop this embarrassment and get our team back before it's too late!!!!

I'm in. How can I sign up? Will somebody please start another post like this.