What kind of car do you drive?

mrags

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used one of course

LOL. Still a huge nut.

With thy said, I worked with a guy that pimped out his Hyundai Tiburon. Sold it to some punk kid that massively overpaid for it and he found a sick deal on an M3. Later sold that for more than he paid for it to go with a 2 yr used M5. It was the sickest flip flop of cars I've ever seen.

Went with the 09 Jeep Liberty Sport from Carmax. The Nissan Maximas were very nice (as expected), but I've really been wanting a vehicle that I can load the dogs into (amongst other supplies) and head on road trips, or take hiking/camping, so the Jeep was the way to go.

Now I'm about to break-in the new car by immediately driving it 900+miles from Atlanta to Buffalo to surprise my family for Xmas!

Well I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Awesome vehicle.

Jeep 2

Competition 0

If I was gonna get a Wrangler, I'd get the extended wheelbase one.

I like the look and I bet I'd love the extra room.

Plus they have great accessories for those things.

Well I just bought a new Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Awesome vehicle.

That is awesome, congrats! I know now why they switched from the venerable I-6 to the V-6 in 2006... Took my 2006 TJ to BFLO and the thing sucks gas above 55... Now with speed limits of 70 miles an hour... Modern designed engines are more fuel efficient @ higher speeds! Afterall, it was purely fuel economy that reduced the speed limit to 55 many years ago! There is literally a "sweet spot" (IMO) with that I-6 (AMC 242)... And it is at about 55-60 miles per hour... Anything faster and forget about even getting 15 miles per gallon!!! Yet, the engine should last over a 1/4 of a million miles without an overhaul...

Anyway... The one thing I have a hard time coming to grips w/the JK is they styling of the extremely huge and clunky (especially the front) fenders/flares. If it interests you take a look @ the new flat fender/flares look... I really think they really make the JK!

http://www.quadratec...508_4000_07.htm

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

That is awesome, congrats! I know now why they switched from the venerable I-6 to the V-6 in 2006... Took my 2006 TJ to BFLO and the thing sucks gas above 55... Now with speed limits of 70 miles an hour... Modern designed engines are more fuel efficient @ higher speeds! Afterall, it was purely fuel economy that reduced the speed limit to 55 many years ago! There is literally a "sweet spot" (IMO) with that I-6 (AMC 242)... And it is at about 55-60 miles per hour... Anything faster and forget about even getting 15 miles per gallon!!! Yet, the engine should last over a 1/4 of a million miles without an overhaul...

Anyway... The one thing I have a hard time coming to grips w/the JK is they styling of the extremely huge and clunky (especially the front) fenders/flares. If it interests you take a look @ the new flat fender/flares look... I really think they really make the JK!

http://www.quadratec...508_4000_07.htm

Those are pretty sweet looking. On a rainy day driving at 70 mph how do those work ?

Those are pretty sweet looking. On a rainy day driving at 70 mph how do those work ?

I don't know... That's the problem for the other cars that are behind me! ;-)

Anyway... Depends on what the state laws are for "tire coverage" I suppose? I think many states, for a street legal ride, wheels should NOT be sticking out beyond the flare. Those I linked are the cheaper metal ones I think... They make all different widths, some in "flat fender" styles. That "flat fender" style looks classic... Brings back the old school Jeep (40's-50's) styling...

Same w/the rock bumpers... Or taking the "floaties" off the end of the stock bumpers and replacing them with the optional stock end caps...

But again... I suppose when it comes to rain... It is the other car's problem outside of what is being kicked up by the front wheels?

Whats your reasoning for wanting to go from a sporty luxury import car to a full size truck?

To answer the title of this thread I drive

- A 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T

- A 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab v8

- Wife Drives a 2008 Pontiac G6

I personally love the Dodge Dakotas, previously I owned a '98 single cab v6 dakota (manual) 2wd and it never had any issues except for it starting to rust out around the rear wheel wells. Only thing I hated was 2wd in the winter, and being only a single cab there was only room for 2 people with any baggage or stuff being thrown in the box. I replaced teh Dakota with a '99 Explorer I bought at a used car dealership (AS-IS) that had the timing chain go and destroy the motor 2 months later. Fixed it and drove it for a few more months before selling it and buying the 4 door Dakota. I drove that for a while back and forth to work but the mileage on that v8 was causing me to spend $100 a week just in gas to go to work. I decided to keep that truck since it was paid for already and use it on weekends or when needing to haul stuff/materials around and I went looking for something cheaper. Originally the plan was to get a Jeep (had a few and tehy are my favorite), but everything I found was high mileage with just as high price tags for the earlier TJs, and I'm not impressed with the original v6 mini van motor the earlier new wranglers have (would have liked to have gotten one with the new v6 in it but they were out of my price range at the moment) so I looked around and took a Caliber out for a drive. I bought an R/t cause it had the biggest 4 cyl of all the Calibers in it, and comes with AWD. Unfortunatly, even though the R/T was the top model, it was still bone stock inside. Its auto with an Auto-Stick that I barely use, but its almost half the cost to get back and forth to work. Traction is good too with the AWD, my Dakota slid everywhere in the snow we just got, I had trouble getting the Caliber to drift anywhere in the snow

Whats your reasoning for wanting to go from a sporty luxury import car to a full size truck?

I personally love the Dodge Dakotas, previously I owned a '98 single cab v6 dakota (manual) 2wd and it never had any issues except for it starting to rust out around the rear wheel wells. Only thing I hated was 2wd in the winter, and being only a single cab there was only room for 2 people with any baggage or stuff being thrown in the box. I replaced teh Dakota with a '99 Explorer I bought at a used car dealership (AS-IS) that had the timing chain go and destroy the motor 2 months later. Fixed it and drove it for a few more months before selling it and buying the 4 door Dakota. I drove that for a while back and forth to work but the mileage on that v8 was causing me to spend $100 a week just in gas to go to work. I decided to keep that truck since it was paid for already and use it on weekends or when needing to haul stuff/materials around and I went looking for something cheaper. Originally the plan was to get a Jeep (had a few and tehy are my favorite), but everything I found was high mileage with just as high price tags for the earlier TJs, and I'm not impressed with the original v6 mini van motor the earlier new wranglers have (would have liked to have gotten one with the new v6 in it but they were out of my price range at the moment) so I looked around and took a Caliber out for a drive. I bought an R/t cause it had the biggest 4 cyl of all the Calibers in it, and comes with AWD. Unfortunatly, even though the R/T was the top model, it was still bone stock inside. Its auto with an Auto-Stick that I barely use, but its almost half the cost to get back and forth to work. Traction is good too with the AWD, my Dakota slid everywhere in the snow we just got, I had trouble getting the Caliber to drift anywhere in the snow

how's the G6? always felt that was a great car that americans never appreciated (G8, even more so).

i find auto sticks useless. got one in my car and it's not got any of the fun of a real manual and the shifts are clunky...never use it.

didn't know the caliber came in awd. don't know why more models aren't offered with it. cost i guess but it would make more sense to me to do what subaru does and make them all awd.

Edited by birdog1960

I really love 3 different types of autos.

Sports cars- who doesn't love or want one?

Full size pickups- love the usage factor in them. They make you feel badass.

Sport Sedan- easily able to hide the power and excitement of a sports car with the simple sedan look.

Although my car isn't really a sleeper, it is a sports sedan. Eventually, of like to own 3 autos. One of each. Something to play with any time of year for any occasion. In my dream world, if live to keeps car, buy a new F150 FX4 or Ram1500, and a 99-10 convertible Mustang (again).aybe add in an old Ford Bronco for a tailgate and plow vehicle for the winter.

So you seem like a Dodge man. Any major issues with any if them that I should look out for if I decide on a Ram at some point?

Agree 1,000%.

Great choice my friend. Great choice.

Actually, I'm thinking about retiring her at the end of the summer, and putting her in the garage.

She's easily my favorite car I've ever owned, and I want her to last forever.

I've never done that with a car before, and have always been the type to drive a car for 8-10 years, and trade it in... but I don't think I can do that this time.