" a gun obsessive living in fear of society's collapse "

In light of this comment I'm going to guess that the reason you are so unreasonably afraid of guns is because you have no experience with them. I know this because you apparantly have no idea what gun care, gun safety, and gun owner responsibility entails.

I can infer that your gun(s) are in a safe place. Guns are routinely stolen and used in ways the owner(s) would find undesirable.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scary, description of Lanza's mother sounds eerily similar to a lot of the right loonie toons posting here ....

"Mother of Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza 'was a gun obsessive living in fear of society's collapse"

Read more: http://www.belfastte...l#ixzz2FIebPlDH

Good find joe-the-retard. Too bad it's a bunch of complete bullsh--. According to the people who knew her, she was a normal, outgoing person and shooting was a hobby she took up after her divorce.

I'm guessing that a normal trip to Costco would qualify as "stockpiling food" in Belfast.

Clearly she was an idiot for not ensuring the guns were secure from her mentally disabled son, but that's another matter.

Good find joe-the-retard. Too bad it's a bunch of complete bullsh--. According to the people who knew her, she was a normal, outgoing person and shooting was a hobby she took up after her divorce.

I'm guessing that a normal trip to Costco would qualify as "stockpiling food" in Belfast.

Clearly she was an idiot for not ensuring the guns were secure from her mentally disabled son, but that's another matter.

C'mon - This isn't one rogue journalist in Ireland perverting the facts. Guns were far more than a "hobby" for this woman - may she rest in peace.

Well, you know the first guns that are getting hit will be AR's.

That's part of the reason I'm thinking of getting an AR. Get it before it's illegal. At most they'll get thru prohibiting new sales. An allout confiscation is still out of their abilities

Not a bad way to hedge an investment. Buy 2 now, wait till they are no longer sold. Sell 1 for triple your cost, and you just made a pocket full of cash.

That's also part of my reasoning :devil: Plus ammo is going to be a highly sought after commidity

Personal self defense in public: Handgun

Home Defense: Shotgun - Not hunting shotgun, actual home defense shotgun

All Around Defense: AR

Home. But also in case the stojan hits the fan and gotta pick up and run.

That's just my opinion. But heaven forbid you buy one of each. Then you're an evil "survivalist" or "enthusiast" waiting to wreak untold chaos upon the world.

If I buy, I'll probably buy different types. Like a handgun and AR. Hadn't thought of a shotgun because I'm not hunter, might be worth looking into.

Edited by /dev/null

We don't have this issue in my house because we removed the mystery and stigma of guns by getting my daughter shooting lessons and teaching her about guns, and how they are tools used for very specific purposes. She learned about gun care, gun safety, and gun owner responsibility.

Same goes for Adam Lanza, who had no prior history of violence before Friday

Nice jump to a conclusion, from information that you do not really have about Adam Lanza, to attempt (and certainly fail) to make a point.

all too typical.

Edited by B-Man

Riiight...

Because all people are exactly the same in terms of mental health and stability. Every child suffers from severe psychological breaks, disassociative behaviors, anti-social prediliction, and schizophrenia.

You're a clever sonofabitch' aren't cha'?

Ha - "survivalist." So they've come up with a name to legitimize the paranoid, anti-government freaks who stockpile food and weapons.

The term's been around for decades. Trying to legitimize a culture of perpetual victims has been too. One of these things is not morally abhorrent.

Say !@#$ it and get them all. Get yourself a handgun, an AR, and a shotgun. For home defense, get yourself one of these bad boys. Love the thing.

Edited by LeviF91

And in light of your comments it's pretty clear that the reason you've gone after pro gun control folks for "politicizing" the issue in the wake of the massacre is because you love shooting stuff, you really don't want to have to give up that recreation, and you realize that days like Friday threaten your gun-toting habits. So surprised that you have an agenda here, you seem to well-keeled and balanced... (not).

I'm simply going to kindly ask you to quote a few of the posts I've made in which I claim to love shooting things, as opposed to posts where I place a high priority on being able to defend my family.

Does it entail not letting you autistic kid have access to your arsenal? I digress...

I'm interested in pro-gun guy's attempt to manage the language used when talking about guns (ie. firearm or tool instead of weapon).

tool

noun

1. an implement, especially one held in the hand, as a hammer, saw, or file, for performing or facilitating mechanical operations.

2. any instrument of manual operation.

3. the cutting or machining part of a lathe, planer, drill, or similar machine.

4. the machine itself; a machine tool.

5. anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose: Education is a tool for success.

So, I think one could reasonably apply #2 or #5 to a gun, but I'm not sure what that accomplishes besides making it sound like it's the equivalent of a hammer or some such, which it's obviously not. So, if you're trying to equate a gun to the most common definition, "an implement...for performing or facilitating mechanical operations", what mechanical operations does a gun perform? It seems to me that the only real use for a gun is to kill or injure someone or something. Please educate me.

I think your disconnect comes from the fact that you, as a non gun owner, view guns as a charicature of what those of us who responsibly own and respect view them as. You view them solely as weapons of destruction, where as I view them as a vital tool in defending my family from people who would use guns as a weapon of destruction.

That's part of the reason I'm thinking of getting an AR. Get it before it's illegal. At most they'll get thru prohibiting new sales. An allout confiscation is still out of their abilities

That's also part of my reasoning :devil: Plus ammo is going to be a highly sought after commidity

If I buy, I'll probably buy different types. Like a handgun and AR. Hadn't thought of a shotgun because I'm not hunter, might be worth looking into.

Ask here. http://www.thehighroad.org/ You will get 20 pages of what to buy responses.

Just get 2 guns and CRATES of ammo. Ammo prrices doubled every time Obama got elected.

Your distaste and hand-wavium doesn't somehow strip a tool of it's properties.

Well, you're still going, so I guess you're right.

The overconfidence you display in your ability to be a hero and keep the man from taking what's yours is both frightening and hilarious!

Enjoy playing with your tool.

The term's been around for decades. Trying to legitimize a culture of perpetual victims has been too. One of these things is not morally abhorrent.

Say !@#$ it and get them all. Get yourself a handgun, an AR, and a shotgun. For home defense, get yourself one of these bad boys. Love the thing.

:blink:

A toy.

Good Gawd, those things are real :blink: I thought they were only for video games :w00t:

Get a REAL defensive shotgun.http://www.impactgun...d-sgl12-01.aspx

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I'm simply going to kindly ask you to quote a few of the posts I've made in which I claim to love shooting things, as opposed to posts where I place a high priority on being able to defend my family.

I'm sorry, but who is it that is trying to attack your family? This is another ridiculous pro-gun romanticism that gets tossed about by loons like yourself. Are you living on the frontier in 1817? Are you Mad Max in a post-nuclear free-for-all? In the minuscule chance that someone really does "attack" your family, you are just as likely to shoot one of your own family members as you are to take out the "attacker." And why would you need multiple weapons to defend yourself? Wouldn't one be enough? Or is the concern an entire fleet of stormtroopers?

Let's put this ridiculous justification for a heavily-armed populace to bed. It's absurd.

You're boring me...

Your multiple responses in no fewer than 5 current threads speak much louder than your most recent lie.

It's funny, I've noticed people tend to claim boredom after their poor arguments have been discredited, and their follow up ad hom attacks have exposed them as juvenile frauds.

Are you claiming to be both a liar AND a juvenile fraud, Gene?

Your multiple responses in no fewer than 5 current threads speak much louder than your most recent lie.

It's funny, I've noticed people tend to claim boredom after their poor arguments have been discredited, and their follow up ad hom attacks have exposed them as juvenile frauds.

Are you claiming to be both a liar AND a juvenile fraud, Gene?

Ad homs like "you're the only tool being played right now"? You win. Lock and load, I think some bad guys are coming for your family.