Who says Chan gets fired tomorrow?

billsfan_34

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only benefit to firing him now is that you can openly start looking for a new HC. But I think we need a new GM as well to be taken seriously. Luckly the bowl season will end around the time our season ends, allowing us to interview: Chip Kelly, Doug Marrone, try to pry O'Brien from PSU.

The only benefit to firing him now is that you can openly start looking for a new HC. But I think we need a new GM as well to be taken seriously. Luckly the bowl season will end around the time our season ends, allowing us to interview: Chip Kelly, Doug Marrone, try to pry O'Brien from PSU.

Why do you think Kelly is the guy for the job? You think his system would translate to the NFL? Shaw from Stanford is the one to get or O'Brien if a college guy is desired.

I like Fewell or Zimmer. We don't need to get fancy on offense. Just need to ground and pound and play defense.

The Fewell boat has sailed, I think.

The Fewell boat has sailed, I think.

Eh...a HC job is a HC job. It wasn't like he was token Rooney rule interview because they also interviewed Leslie Frazier. And he's going to get his 1st head coaching job on the back of his experience under Coughlin which he didn't have the last time he interviewed.

While Gailey, Wanny, and Fitz are a huge problem and must go, the buck has to stop somewhere and my thought is Nix or even Russ. I don't really know how accountable Brandon needs to be but my guess is he's not really accountable to anyone, given what seems to be Wilson's lack of ability to be involved.

We need a bold and respectable football person leading this organization. Someone with contacts and connections in the industry. That person should be CEO with a football background not a marketing person like Russ Brandon. I'd advocate for Bill Polian. As a CEO he can make big decision on football, but hire a GM like Whaley who can oversee all football operations. Then we need to be bold with our head coach selection. We need to hire a younger, hungry coach who's not afraid to act courageously. Until we fix the highest level of the organization, we are going to keep reliving these types of seasons over and over again.

Edited by dubs

Eh...a HC job is a HC job. It wasn't like he was token Rooney rule interview because they also interviewed Leslie Frazier. And he's going to get his 1st head coaching job on the back of his experience under Coughlin which he didn't have the last time he interviewed.

Frazier refused to be interviewed.

I honestly do not see how Gailey and Nix have a job tomorrow. The problem is, this is the Bills. I truly believe every other team in the NFL would fire them both after this game. I seriously have no faith in this organization.

They should be gone, but I'd be shocked if they were.

I honestly think there is a 50-50 chance he's gone tomorrow. I think this game may have woke Ralph up and even though Buddy will be against it Ralph may force his hand one last time. I still think he's very much involved.

At 94 years of age we just don't know how cognizant Ralph Wilson is right now and that can change in a flash as I have witnessed with elderly relatives and family friends. My own Mother who is 89 went downhill mentally over a two month span. The only explanation the doc gave us "old age". The last time I talked with Ralph Wilson in the Paul McGuire Club was five years ago and he didn't remember me which was a sad moment.His speech was hesitant and an assistant helped Mr. Wilson walk. I first met Ralph Wilson thru my Father more than 45 years ago and many more times throughout the years including those when I worked for the Bufalo Bills in secuity during the Bill Polian years. Ralph Wilson had an apartment in the area in those years so he was at the stadium quite often when he was in town. Back then the Bill's offices were the M&T club is now. My guess and its only speculation on my part is that if Ralph Wilson is mentally not capable his good friend Jeff Littmann would be in charge. Like I said before, five years ago Mr Wilson's mind was not sharp and for people his age their best thoughts are behind them more often than not. It has been my experience that in person Ralph Wilson is a nice, nice man and hope that he has some mental awareness left.

I think he refused the follow up interview. The Bills flew to him for the 1st interview. Same situation as Shanahan basically, if I recall.

Nope, he interviewed during the Vikings bye and they hired Gailey before the Vikings were eliminated so there was no opportunity for a follow up.

Gailey will remain the coach because:

1. Seahawks needed to score over 70 points (they scored ONLY 50)

2. Fred Jax didn't get his turn

3. If we had to kick a FG, it had better be less than 52 yards

4. We have a senile owner and a bunch of morons running the organization

5. Oh, did I say Fred didn't get his turn?

Edited by KGun12TD

I vaguely remember a report that he had taken himself out of it. What you say is true, but doesn't contradict that.

Well I remember him being caught off-guard and disappointed when Gailey was hired cause he thought he would get the job after the Vikings were done. Most of what I just googled seems to support that, including the article that I posted. Not that it matters though, my original point was that Fewell couldn't be considered a token Rooney Rule interview since they did interview both him and Frazier.