DaveinElma

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AT ESPN, calling a transssexual basketball player an “It” gets you suspended,

but calling a black football player a “cornball brother” does not.

The media continues to stick to the narrative, in all of its stories.

P.S. : The Racial Slurs The Press Doesn’t Want To Cover. .......................It’s all about the narrative.

Edited by B-Man

Parkers a shmo for saying this IMO.....He's been spending too much time with good ole skippy bayless.

First take reaches for "controversial subjects" and they are the cornballs IMO. corporate wannabe cool guys.

Who gives a shhhhhh how black he is.....he's an excellent qb who makes 8000x the coin of you Mr. Parker, keep "hating" on him and worrying about his white wife.

racism is dying out to a degree in Virginia, if the black people would ever join in.

from what i hear on shredd and ragan no so much up in WNY.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The right gets lectured by the left and the black community about "not being black enough."

But every time it comes to light a black man or woman is a Conservative or Republican, whats the first charged leveled against them by the left and the black community ? Thats right...that person isnt "black enough."

Comical.

But hey...at least Parker didnt come right out and call RGIII a "House ******."

The right gets lectured by the left and the black community about "not being black enough."

But every time it comes to light a black man or woman is a Conservative or Republican, whats the first charged leveled against them by the left and the black community ? Thats right...that person isnt "black enough."

Comical.

But hey...at least Parker didnt come right out and call RGIII a "House ******."

in essence he did. just beats around the bush to say it IMO.

So the four letter issued this anouncement that the comments were "irresponsible", so what do they do? Replay them in thier "best of" segment the same damn day... :thumbsup:

if you watch the lead in, it was clearly a planned rant to generate attention. ESPN wasnt caught off guard by what he said. perhaps they didnt expect a few of the terms but they lead in to the discussion with parker fully planning a discussion about this, thinking SAS would provide a counterpoint that balanced them enough to get away with it but still get attention on the show.

they loved it, even if they act upset in their evening comments.

Edited by NoSaint

if you watch the lead in, it was clearly a planned rant to generate attention. ESPN wasnt caught off guard by what he said. perhaps they didnt expect a few of the terms but they lead in to the discussion with parker fully planning a discussion about this, thinking SAS would provide a counterpoint that balanced them enough to get away with it but still get attention on the show.

they loved it, even if they act upset in their evening comments.

Of course they do. "If it bleeds it leads" has been replaced with "Its its about race, make it the face"

God, Im an awful rhymer.

But its true....the media will make ANY story on race front page news. And if it doesnt get there on its own, there will FORCE it there. Becuase they know that it will sell papers, get ratings, generate clicks to websites, etc. Its a moneymaker, pure and simple. Trayvon Martin, anyone?

Edited by RkFast

So the four letter issued this anouncement that the comments were "irresponsible", so what do they do? Replay them in thier "best of" segment the same damn day... :thumbsup:

I must offer a clarification:

Apparently, the Jackass has been suspended...

But they replayed his comments on a later show? They should just call a spade a spade and either come out with a denouncement or back up their guy.

This is what was reported on Czabe's show this morning on the drive to work. They replayed the segment later in the day...

This is what was reported on Czabe's show this morning on the drive to work. They replayed the segment later in the day...

Yup - in a "best of first take" 30 minute boiled down version.

Btw, Parker says you guys are all just uneducated and silly:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/rob-parker-thinks-his-critics-are-uneducated-and-silly/

Welcome to being a black man today...

You see, as a man of color, who got educated, enunciates and generally don't wear my pants around my knees, I often get called a sellout or an "Uncle Tom" (not to be confused with being called a DC Tom - that's much worse).

Cosby put it best - black society has degraded to the point that genuine success based on academic merit is frowned upon.

Welcome to being a black man today...

You see, as a man of color, who got educated, enunciates and generally don't wear my pants around my knees, I often get called a sellout or an "Uncle Tom" (not to be confused with being called a DC Tom - that's much worse).

Cosby put it best - black society has degraded to the point that genuine success based on academic merit is frowned upon.

Not being a black man, I cannot say whether you are right or wrong. Assuming this is the case, what, in your opinion can be done to change this?