12/12/12 Concert

Chef Jim

I didn't want the thread over on OTW to be moved over here so I thought I'd start a thread so it can be left there where it belongs.

This concert shows that we don't need the government to come to our rescue for every little thing (not saying Sandy was a little thing). We tend to take care of our own.

And FU, Roger Waters

???

Haven't seen his set yet, have it DVR'd, was hoping to watch it this weekend.

Other than having Gilmour's part on Comfortably Numb sung by Eddie Vedder (which deserves an FU of it's own), what did he do?

I'm beginning to come around to the idea of going over the fiscal cliff.

The tax and spend hell bound train we're on will never slow down if we don't because the politicians are gutless.

People are too inured with the status quo of government intervention in our lives on nearly every level.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. It needs to be broke and broken bad.

The tax and spend hell bound train we're on will never slow down if we don't because the politicians are gutless.

People are too inured with the status quo of government intervention in our lives on nearly every level.

Other than that..................how did you enjoy the concert, Mrs. Lincoln ? ?

???

Haven't seen his set yet, have it DVR'd, was hoping to watch it this weekend.

Other than having Gilmour's part on Comfortably Numb sung by Eddie Vedder (which deserves an FU of it's own), what did he do?

Definitely the Gilmour snub - didn't mind Vedder singing it as much as rest of Gilmour's songs by the other dude who's on tour with Waters.

The thing that pushed me over the edge is Waters underscoring his douchiness by keeping his regular tour backscreen montage for this show. Hey douchebag, you were invited to play at a benefit for people in need of help. WTF does British police inadvertently killing an innocent tourist have to do with this event? Asswipe.

Whose lyrics are those?

Definitely the Gilmour snub - didn't mind Vedder singing it as much as rest of Gilmour's songs by the other dude who's on tour with Waters.

The thing that pushed me over the edge is Waters underscoring his douchiness by keeping his regular tour backscreen montage for this show. Hey douchebag, you were invited to play at a benefit for people in need of help. WTF does British police inadvertently killing an innocent tourist have to do with this event? Asswipe.

Roger has always been the least appealing member of the group, but he also was the driving force of much of what they did. I've always had a reluctant appreciation for what he does. (Saw his 1st Wall stop in Buffalo 2 years ago, even my wife who HATES that album was impressed with the show.) Were the other songs he did also Dave's music? (CN is the only 1 I know he performed that was Dave's music.) If so, that really stinks that he didn't have Dave and Nick playing.

Saw Dave solo at Shea's in '84. That was an incredible show. Have seen Roger in 3 bigger venues, but except for The Wall, Dave (and the 2 other Floyd members in '87 - they opened w/ Echoes) blew him away. The latest ('10 & '12) Wall tours are incredible. (Only saw him in '10 and because he didn't play anything beyond that album on that tour decided not to see the '12 version of it.) But it was a GREAT show.

And FU, Roger Waters

Saw him to The Dark Side of the Moon at the Hollywood Bowl. They let loose a huge inflated pig with the No Bush (Bush circled and crossed off) painted on the side. Really Roger?!?!?

Edited by Chef Jim

Roger has always been the least appealing member of the group, but he also was the driving force of much of what they did. I've always had a reluctant appreciation for what he does. (Saw his 1st Wall stop in Buffalo 2 years ago, even my wife who HATES that album was impressed with the show.) Were the other songs he did also Dave's music? (CN is the only 1 I know he performed that was Dave's music.) If so, that really stinks that he didn't have Dave and Nick playing.

Saw Dave solo at Shea's in '84. That was an incredible show. Have seen Roger in 3 bigger venues, but except for The Wall, Dave (and the 2 other Floyd members in '87 - they opened w/ Echoes) blew him away. The latest ('10 & '12) Wall tours are incredible. (Only saw him in '10 and because he didn't play anything beyond that album on that tour decided not to see the '12 version of it.) But it was a GREAT show.

Have seen various incarnations of Floyd & Waters since Pros & Cons, etc. Even made it to Berlin for The Wall in '90. Waters' act got increasingly irritating as his solo career tumbled downhill, proving that while he may have been the driving force of the artistic direction, when left to his own devices, that artwork turned to garbage. So he's been touring on the Floyd rep ever since. He peaked with The Wall ( I also view Final Cut as The Wall outtakes, and the album is generally listenable still). Pros & Cons, not so much. Anything after that shouldn't even be used as a frisbee.

But I wouldn't mind the crappy music if it wasn't combined with a total disregard for his audience and his need to hypocritically insult Western culture, even as they plow $300 a pop to see the stale act. Well, not from me anymore. There are other suckers who are born every minute.

Have seen various incarnations of Floyd & Waters since Pros & Cons, etc. Even made it to Berlin for The Wall in '90. Waters' act got increasingly irritating as his solo career tumbled downhill, proving that while he may have been the driving force of the artistic direction, when left to his own devices, that artwork turned to garbage. So he's been touring on the Floyd rep ever since. He peaked with The Wall ( I also view Final Cut as The Wall outtakes, and the album is generally listenable still). Pros & Cons, not so much. Anything after that shouldn't even be used as a frisbee.

But I wouldn't mind the crappy music if it wasn't combined with a total disregard for his audience and his need to hypocritically insult Western culture, even as they plow $300 a pop to see the stale act. Well, not from me anymore. There are other suckers who are born every minute.

There's a few things off Radio KAOS that I like, but definitely agree that the majority of his post-The Wall songwriting doesn't come close to what they did in the '70's.

Even on The Wall though, the best music was Dave's - Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, and Young Lust.