Nick Saban may want back in NFL

Thats an interesting interpretation. You are correct, however, in that someone certainly appears foolish. But that person isn't SJBF.

Do you notice a trend here?

We know what you're "pointing out" and its just as absurd as your first attempt. No need to belabor the point, unless of course, this is more of your special brand of sarcasm.

When you change your user name to escape your embarrassing past, its good practice not to out yourself by continuing the thread with your newly assumed TBD identity.

+1

I was pointing out that in saying no to Nick Saban, that those saying no must want to keep Gailey & What is it any of your business defending SJBF, you & Jauronimo need to mind your own business, if you got something to say, say it but don't jump into someone else's argument, that's a punk move

One Question, which one of you guys is the pivot man in your circle jerk

So you weren't being "sarcastic," then?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your the pivot man

First you made a ridiculous post. Sorry. It was clearly fueled by lots of anger and very little thought.

Then you claimed that you were being sarcastic.

Then you changed your username to Shitzy Hater.

Then you claimed that you weren't being sarcastic.

Look, I'm sorry if I offended you. I hope you're capable of adding something to the discussion here. But expressing half-baked ideas and then attacking people is not a great start. There are already enough posters here who come here to vent and bring nothing else to the table but anger and lousy takes.

So if David Shaw quits after two years of being HC at Stanford than he is not a quitter, Where as Saban is a quitter after being HC for only two years for the Dolphins?

"Quitting" (as you put it) isn't the case here...if Shaw gets an offer, it's viewed as a promotion. Do you think Harbaugh "quit" to take the 49ers job?

Quitting is Saban leaving Miami because he couldn't cut it. Quitting is Petrino leaving Atlanta because he couldn't cut it.

I think I disagree with you on your impressions of Kelly, particularly "sending a kid to die." But I'm interested in your thoughts on Marone, who seems to win big games (for Syr) with average talent. Had a QB this year breaking McNabb and Graves records, and a WR breaking Syr records. I'd add Bill O'Brien to the above for his work at the Patsy's and Penn State, but I get the feeling he's not leaving PSU.

Yeah, I realize Kelly didn't want the kid to die. But there were bad winds that day and more caution should have been taken. http://newsinfo.nd.edu/news/21587-notre-dame-investigation-finds-four-primary-factors-led-to-declan-sullivan-tragedy/ Also, given how he yells and embarasses players, it isn't far to suggest he was the type of guy who didn't want excuses and wanted to just get practice filmed. Always, I'd rather not have him on the Bills' sideline.

I do agree with your other 2 points. O'Brien has done an azmaing job at PSU. He should get votes for coach of the year. But he can't leave yet. And Marone has done a great job at SU with a very limited talent level. It's his alma mater but I could see him coming down the thruway for an opportunity to coach the Bills. I won't hate that move at all.

"Quitting" (as you put it) isn't the case here...if Shaw gets an offer, it's viewed as a promotion. Do you think Harbaugh "quit" to take the 49ers job?

Quitting is Saban leaving Miami because he couldn't cut it. Quitting is Petrino leaving Atlanta because he couldn't cut it.

That franchise was so bad, Dan Marino "quit" his position after just a couple weeks. Saban and Marino saw there was no opportunity and got out- you don't subject yourself to a bad situation if you don't have to.

Why would he leave? Have any of you been to Alabama? Would any of you want to live there? The radio shows make up stuff all the time but at least one mentioned the wife wants out of the deep south.

Unhappy wife would be a plausible reason to leave.

Long hours/days on the recruitment road vs long days at the office but still coming home at night.

So yes I could see him leaving for the NFL. The only way he comes to Buffalo is if he is coach and GM. That won't happen with RW.

Seriously, it's funny how quality of coaching jobs fluctuate so wildly depending on the last 5 years. People wondered why he'd leave Miami for Alabama which at the time was a program of the past. Around that same time people were arguing Florida was a better basketball job than Kentucky and that Billy Donovan would be nuts to leave.

He's done all there is to do in Alabama, will never surpass Bear Bryant in status there, recruiting is a major pain, and he has a massive ego that may want to prove something in the pros. Why wouldn't he leave?

He's done all there is to do in Alabama,

Winning 3 NC in 4 years would be quite an accomplishment nobody else has done including the Bear.

How about winning 3 NC in a row?

Yes, I realize he has yet to win 2 in a row, and I am not saying a win against ND is a forgone conclusion.

Just pointing out that IF Bama beats ND, a new higher goal and challenge can be set to achieve.

will never surpass Bear Bryant in status there,

Irrelevant. That is something for the Bama faithful to debate over.

Saban could care less about his "status in comparison to Bryant".

Again, Saban is not driven by the result. He is driven by the process.

recruiting is a major pain,

Of all the articles and pieces I have never read anything stating Saban is growing weary of recruiting.

If anything, recruiting is part of the process. He is relentless about it.

and he has a massive ego that may want to prove something in the pros. Why wouldn't he leave?

According to an interview with Scarbinsky, Lombardi had this to say: "... at Alabama, Saban “can control all the things he wants to control in his environment. I think he’s very content there.