CJ winded? He doesn't think so.

Rubes

“He had two good runs in that first drive, he gets winded, and he comes out,” Gailey said when asked why Spiller came out of the game following a 15-yard carry and never appeared again on that drive which ended in a field goal.

He gets winded? After a 15-yard run? Something must be wrong if a professional athlete in that kind of physical shape gets winded after a 15-yard run. But yet, that’s not the first time Gailey has said that about Spiller.

Spiller said the same thing in his post game press conference. After the back to back 14 yard runs he came out because he was winded. Then after a couple of plays he told them he was ready to go back in and they never put him in.

I don't think CJ or Fred for that matter were used properly Sunday. He should be getting the ball a lot more. We should stick with the run even if it's not working early in a tight game because come the 4th quarter if you stick with it someone will pop a big one.

But really this winded thing has taken on a life of his own. They both said it. CJ took himself out because he was winded.

Perhaps the question should be asked why he felt he needed to come out. Especially for a guy that wants to be "THE GUY".

Spiller said the same thing in his post game press conference. After the back to back 14 yard runs he came out because he was winded. Then after a couple of plays he told them he was ready to go back in and they never put him in.

I don't think CJ or Fred for that matter were used properly Sunday. He should be getting the ball a lot more. We should stick with the run even if it's not working early in a tight game because come the 4th quarter if you stick with it someone will pop a big one.

But really this winded thing has taken on a life of his own. They both said it. CJ took himself out because he was winded.

Perhaps the question should be asked why he felt he needed to come out. Especially for a guy that wants to be "THE GUY".

Wrong.

In his interview he said he came out after the screen catch he had and asked back in after one play. He never asked to come out the rest of the game.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/cj-spiller-doesnt-understand-chan-gaileys-winded-comments.html

He also explains (CJ) that every player gets winded and subs out. Read the story.

It looks possible that CJ had a few issues with pass protection so Gailey decided to sit him a bit.

IF that were the case, why wouldn't Chan just say so?

When in doubt, speak the damn truth. Children know that there's times when the truth is the best way.

IF the issue was pass blocking and not being "winded," Chan didn't spare CJ any criticism.

If Chan was lying he came off looking like a stammering fool and he put CJ on the spot as well.

Watching him over the last 3 years, I really question Chan's intelligence.

Wrong.

In his interview he said he came out after the screen catch he had and asked back in after one play. He never asked to come out the rest of the game.

http://blogs.buffalo...d-comments.html

He also explains (CJ) that every player gets winded and subs out. Read the story.

Not wrong. Here's a quote from your story: "Spiller acknowledged he asked to come off the field after his 15-yard screen play in the first half, but that was the only time during the game. Gailey concurred with that recollection." Which is exactly what I said. They both said he came out that one time.

I read the article you quoted yesterday and watched Coach Gailey's press conference to find out who really said what. All he said was that in the 1st half he came out after those two runs.

I have not heard Coach Gailey says the reason CJ did not play more is because he was tired is out of shape as it is being construed.

Please don't take this as a defense of Coach Gailey. He blew it Sunday big time on many occasions.

It looks possible that CJ had a few issues with pass protection so Gailey decided to sit him a bit.

IF that were the case, why wouldn't Chan just say so?

When in doubt, speak the damn truth. Children know that there's times when the truth is the best way.

IF the issue was pass blocking and not being "winded," Chan didn't spare CJ any criticism.

If Chan was lying he came off looking like a stammering fool and he put CJ on the spot as well.

Watching him over the last 3 years, I really question Chan's intelligence.

The only guess I have is two fold-

1) didn't want to telegraph "my starting rb next week behind a beat to hell line can't block" to the Seahawks pass rushers

2) chan grew up in the non-social media era where you could lie without everyone having a forum to discuss how ludicrous it sounded.

So a simple "meh, he was winded" which wasn't totally a lie - but was likely far short of the truth - was what came out.

The only guess I have is two fold-

1) didn't want to telegraph "my starting rb next week behind a beat to hell line can't block" to the Seahawks pass rushers

2) chan grew up in the non-social media era where you could lie without everyone having a forum to discuss how ludicrous it sounded.

So a simple "meh, he was winded" which wasn't totally a lie - but was likely far short of the truth - was what came out.

Not to mention that Chan actually said, "he gets winded and he comes out." This was in fact true and confirmed by none other than CJ himself. He took himself out of the game after the screen pass.

No one really needs to set aside context and parsing to criticize Gailey. B-)

Have you guys ever considered.......maybe this is also Gailey's problem........he has to coach a few plays and then "his head" gets winded?? Unfortunately for him (and us) he doesn't have a back-up head coach that he can put in for a series or two until he is, again, able to perform at his "optimum" level. (haha, sorry, i actually laughed outloud when i typed "Gailey at his optimum level") But seriously......maybe we should have the waterboy standing by just in case Chan needs to take a play/series or two off, it seems to work great for CJ!!!

LMAO! :lol:

Spiller has never carried more than 25 times in a game.

that might be true Weo, but he's sure as hell ran it more than 7 times.

This answer is just as full of s$&t as Gaileys answers during the post game.

Edited by mrags