2013 Summer Movie: "After Earth" Trailer

Mark Vader

Shyamalan used to be one of my favorite directors especially after Unbreakable. My patience wore out long ago - he needs to step up big time to buy my fandom again. As for the trailer - sorry but it doesn't do anything for me.

Yep. His movies have gotten steadily worse. I wasn't too much against most of them, just basically "eh". But The Happening was awful. Really, had to be bottom 5 of any "major" (big name director and actors) movie I can remember.

This one has me interested, but it's going to have to be really good to get me back on his bandwagon.

Edited by Faustus

Yep. His movies have gotten steadily worse. I wasn't too much against most of them, just basically "eh". But The Happening was awful. Really, had to be bottom 5 of any "major" (big name director and actors) movie I can remember.

Oh, come on. The Happening was brilliant. A movie where the main protagonist is trees, and Wahlberg gives the most wooden performance in the movie? You won't find a better, more subtle touch for irony than Shyamalamadingdong...

...wait...that irony...that was intentional, right?

I actually like a good portion of Shyamalan's movies, but the last couple were not that good. "The Last Airbender" being a big disappointment.

I'm willing to see what this movie will be like, and having Will Smith is a plus.

Jaden isn't bad either!

Shyamalan used to be one of my favorite directors especially after Unbreakable. My patience wore out long ago - he needs to step up big time to buy my fandom again. As for the trailer - sorry but it doesn't do anything for me.

In in the same boat. Doing a movie starring Will Smith and his son isn't doing much to convince me either.

Pass. Despite being Indian, and outside of "The Sixth Sense," I've found MNS to be a major disappointment as a writer. All of his stories just lack something.

Credibility perhaps?

Oh, come on. The Happening was brilliant. A movie where the main protagonist is trees, and Wahlberg gives the most wooden performance in the movie? You won't find a better, more subtle touch for irony than Shyamalamadingdong...

Come on Tom. You can't criticize writing like this:

"It's the trees! We've got to stay ahead of the wind"!!!!!!

That's Gold Tommy, GOLD!!!

Edited by TheMadCap