Why is everyone so upset?

TheBackupQB

Our season was over 3 week ago... Do anyone know exactly how lucky we'd have to be for us to make the play-offs even if we won out?

I not saying we tank the season wink,wink ... But I'd rather 5-11 than 7-9 or 8-8 ...two or three more wins ... Might be enough to give chan and staff another shot at this next year...

Also we are a few more losses and other team getting a few more wins from a top 5 pick in the draft ...

No time for Pride!

Our season was over 3 week ago... Do anyone know exactly how lucky we'd have to be for us to make the play-offs even if we won out?

I not saying we tank the season wink,wink ... But I'd rather 5-11 than 7-9 or 8-8 ...two or three more wins ... Might be enough to give chan and staff another shot at this next year...

Also we are a few more losses and other team getting a few more wins from a top 5 pick in the draft ...

No time for Pride!

Why did you give up on the team so early???

The season is over when the team is mathmaticaly out of the playoff hunt. Machinations still show that an 8-8 Bills team can get the #6 seed.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

No time for Pride!

This is why you're a backup QB. The way things fell yesterday, we very well could've gotten the 6th seed at 9-7. Now the Bengals have to go 2-1 to reach 9-7 and we would've won a tiebreaker with them. If the Steelers go 1-2, we would've finished with a better record than them. Alas, we would've probably had to play in either Tom Brady or Peyton Manning's backyard anyway.

No, the season was not over three weeks ago. The AFC overall is weak. If the Bills had won yesterday then they are still in the playoff picture.

The reason I am upset, is because I am sick of losing!

This is the worst AFC ever. The Colts are the worst 9-4 team in the history of the NFL. The Bengals and Steelers don't want to make the playoffs. Our schedule was a joke. The Rams and titans are garbage and begging us to win. The NFL was begging us to make the playoffs. Yet, we blew it. This year hurts more than any of the past 13 IMO.

Whether you are in denial about it or not (but judging by this thread, many are), the season was effectively over after the Colts game. That game right there was HUGE. The Bills had a chance to take a two-game swing right there. They would have been 5-6, the Colts 6-5, and the Colts still have two games against Houston. They may win one, but probably not both. So at that point, if Buffalo wins, they and Indy could conceivably end up tied at 10-6 or 9-7, with the Bills having the head to head tiebreaker.

What did the Bills do? FLOP. That was it right there. Biggest game of the season and they laid a big old turd. Then it became the same old song and dance of what, 11 of the last 13 years? WELL THEY COULD MAKE IT IN IF THEY WIN OUT AND (team 1) loses 3 of their last 4 or (team 2) loses 2 of 4 AND (team 1) loses 2 of 4....

That's not good enough. Good teams find a way to find a way to win that Tennessee game. Or that New England game. Those games are on the D. Fitz shouldn't have been throwing at that point, he directed the O to over 30 points in both games. The way my old high school coach said it was best: If you score 3 touchdowns, you should win the game. I trust my defense to do that. In those two games, the Bills D did not deliver. Yesterday, they did, and Gailey did not. I'm sick of this garbage. I am almost 25 years old. The first game I went to, Todd Collins was the QB against the Jets. I barely remember the wild card game against the Jaguars. I kind of remember the Home Run Throwback. What I vividly remember is nothing but a bunch of cheap coaching hires, whiffing on guys like Marvin Lewis and John Fox who went on to have varied degrees of success in the league, and nothing but PUTRID QB play. It's actually embarassing to be a Bills fan.

That's not good enough. Good teams find a way to find a way to win that Tennessee game. Or that New England game. Those games are on the D. Fitz shouldn't have been throwing at that point, he directed the O to over 30 points in both games. The way my old high school coach said it was best: If you score 3 touchdowns, you should win the game. I trust my defense to do that. In those two games, the Bills D did not deliver. Yesterday, they did, and Gailey did not. I'm sick of this garbage. I am almost 25 years old. The first game I went to, Todd Collins was the QB against the Jets. I barely remember the wild card game against the Jaguars. I kind of remember the Home Run Throwback. What I vividly remember is nothing but a bunch of cheap coaching hires, whiffing on guys like Marvin Lewis and John Fox who went on to have varied degrees of success in the league, and nothing but PUTRID QB play. It's actually embarassing to be a Bills fan.

No doubt we missed out on John Fox, but Marvin Lewis? I'm somewhat amazed that he's still the head coach of Cincinnati.

This board is (mostly) Friggin Delusional.. You play for one reason and that is to Win a Championship. If you had some crazy notion that we are last years NY Giants. Whatever, get over it. We are not. Damn, I hate the Jests and their fans but at least they don't sit around thinking they have a chance to win anything this year. We suck. We have sucked for a while. Good teams win a game or two against good teams. Oh, we do to. Once a season.

I am not being negative and will forever be a fan, but the one thing that has helped me this decade plus is realism. Hey I'm even optimistic. Was WAY optimistic when the season started. But to even think about playoffs or utter the word after week 7 was/is mindless. We are who we are. Let's not pretend the AFC is weak and we just have to get in the playoffs. Back in the early 90's that was the case b/c we had a good team with good coaching.

C'mon now.