Brian Urlacher. What say you?

Reports and rumors out of Chicago state that Urlacher may be on his way out of Chicago. The reporter in the article below thinks resigning Urlacher is a bad idea for Da Bears.

http://www.chicagotr...,1254144.column

Urlacher has said himself if they bring me back thats great if not so be it. (I may has paraphrased a little bit)

At first thought I heard the name Urlacher and said Yes yes and yes again. Then as I was reading into it given his age and injury history (Out again for the remainder of the year) I am not so sure.

So i ask, If Urlacher is a free agent and you are the GM do you bring him in to help sure up this LB core?

Edited by CountDorkula

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say no. I like Urlacher and I think he'd be a good influence in the locker room, but when are we going to stop looking at guys other teams release to fix our problems? I don't see teams like the Steelers or Ravens consistently signing old FA's. Instead, they fill their needs through the draft and excellent scouting of undrafted FA's. You can point to Harbaugh as the reason for the Niners resurgence, but look at their draft classes as well. They have drafted very well and it is paying dividends for them.

I get the need for a quick fix. I'd love one too...I'm not getting any younger and would love to see the Bills relevant again. I just don't see it happening through signing oft injured cuts from other teams. I want to draft smart, stick to a scheme (the 3 - 4 transition set us back immensely) and build a young, hungry team.

More interested in upgrading our OLBs which are the much weaker position.

we upgrade them via the draft, and have Urlacker in the middle. Someone made a good pint about Fletcher lighting it up despite being older. If the price is right, I don't see how you can say no. Still a great player, and the impact he could have on others on the D can't be understated.

Fletcher is the NFLs current "Iron Man" IIRC

Urlacher can't stay healthy the last few seasons. Fletcher may still be playing being older, but its because he can stay healthy enough to play every game, Urlacher can not

Also, IIRC, during the Bears game this last week, I think he had said that he was starting to think of retirement. (He said if the Bears won the SB he was done, if not he would come back, but that was before getting hurt again)

we upgrade them via the draft, and have Urlacker in the middle. Someone made a good pint about Fletcher lighting it up despite being older. If the price is right, I don't see how you can say no. Still a great player, and the impact he could have on others on the D can't be understated.

Because Im one of the few people to not get down on Shep. I'd rather have us upgrade the needed spots at OLB, which will help Shep even more, and we can use the OLBs in coverage and let Shep thump in the middle, like he currently does.

big no to urlacher..........he was great in his day but injuries and age and NFL wear and tear have slowed his roll a lot lately.

love the guy, hes a beast and a warrior but he's close to the end IMO.

And thats not including whatever his body/immune system may have gone through while he was with Paris Hilton..............

Id have to say yes!

I look at London Fletcher hes an older LB still getting the job done! I wish we still had him!

I think Urlacher would be great on this D!

I say try him out. As long as he can make some kind of an impact. Good Veteran Leadership is desperately needed in the Bills Lockerroom