Sunday vs Rams Sold Out

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does he dispose of 15000 tickets- does he put them on stubhub or maybe give them to charity?

Also, where is Russell's? I would like to check it out next time I'm in WNY visiting my family.

he usually donates them all to charitable and military organizations....(tax write off)...

Russell's is on Transit Rd , right near the I-90 (depew) thruway exit.

How does he dispose of 15000 tickets- does he put them on stubhub or maybe give them to charity?

Also, where is Russell's? I would like to check it out next time I'm in WNY visiting my family.

Where are you seeing 15K tickets left? Looks like not more than a couple thousand on ticketmaster.

Where are you seeing 15K tickets left? Looks like not more than a couple thousand on ticketmaster.

around 700tickets x $70 =$49,000 unless he gets a discount. I wonder if the Bills will be wining and dining new players at his place or at tempos still

Edited by Hammered a Lot

From Salvatore's website...

Joe Salvatore purchased the family business from his father in 2003, and now along with his wife Paula and their three children, Josette, Russell and Nicholas they handle the day to day operations.

Regardless, I have not been to Salvatore's since ownership changed and we are now regulars at Russell's

I stand corrected. I know there is some sort of fallout with Salvatore's and Russell though, however, I try not to pry into my friends family matters so I'm not exactly sure what it is. I'm pretty sure it is related to the ex-Wife in some way though (possibly concerning his remarraige or girlfriend or something along those lines).

Edited by Mark80

Evidently he is just giving them away at Russell's right now.

I just got off the phone with my sister and she was given 4 tickets to the game by just showing up and asking for them. She didn't even have to spend any money. I would have expected you to have to at least buy a gift certificate or something but I guess my brother in law heard on the radio they were giving them away so he had my sister run over and check seeing they live right down the street,

I don't live in the area but figured I'd pass the word to any locals who want to go to the game. I think she said the seats she was given were 337.

Edited by Metal Man

Bring $$$$$ (appetizer $9-$14) steak $39 salad $10 small corn $4 potato $6 =$70 plus drinks= $85 plus tip

That's not outrageous at all. Welcome to the price of a meal out not in Buffalo ;)

We are talking WNY here not NYC or Detriot or San Fran. The wife and I had a great meal at Curlys last week two dinners (not 2 dinner special) and drinks for $70

The food at Russells is good but pricey.

Edited by Hammered a Lot

Evidently he is just giving them away at Russell's right now.

I just got off the phone with my sister and she was given 4 tickets to the game by just showing up and asking for them. She didn't even have to spend any money. I would have expected you to have to at least buy a gift certificate or something but I guess my brother in law heard on the radio they were giving them away so he had my sister run over and check seeing they live right down the street,

I don't live in the area but figured I'd pass the word to any locals who want to go to the game. I think she said the seats she was given were 337.

That's what it has come to? Bills tickets are not even worth anything anymore, just get them for free. And people wonder why this team will leave after Ralph dies.

Per Russ Brandon's twitter and thanks to Russ Salvatore

... thanks for buying that inventory Russell, No problem Russ.

thanks russ salvatore....

he's such a smart businessman....

#1- the amount of "free" branding/name recognition he gets from doing this is pure genius.

#2- expect to see alot of Russ Steaks Chops & more advertising on TV during the game.

Russells Steaks, Chops and More Stadium.

That's what it has come to? Bills tickets are not even worth anything anymore, just get them for free. And people wonder why this team will leave after Ralph dies.

Well to be fair as far as the league is concerned the tickets were all sold and it goes on the record as a sell out.

What a local businessman decides to do with the tickets afterwards shouldn't really be a concern.

Bring $$$$$ (appetizer $9-$14) steak $39 salad $10 small corn $4 potato $6 =$70 plus drinks= $85 plus tip

Actually not bad at all....You guys up there have it so good with prices..When I lived in California 85 might buy you the steak and a drink,

Even here in Raleigh its not bad but not near those prices. A good steak place dinner for 2 will run you 200.

Six days ago, the Buffalo Bills revealed they still had more than 10,000 tickets unsold for Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

They've suddenly all been spoken for. The game will be shown on local TV within a 75-mile radius of Orchard Park.

Bills CEO Russ Brandon announced on his weekly WGR segment that local restaurateur Russell Salvatore has committed to purchasing the unsold inventory. That means tickets remain on sale.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/12/russell-salvatore-steps-up-to-ensure-bills-rams-not-blacked-out.html

Six days ago, the Buffalo Bills revealed they still had more than 10,000 tickets unsold for Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams in Ralph Wilson Stadium.

They've suddenly all been spoken for. The game will be shown on local TV within a 75-mile radius of Orchard Park.

Bills CEO Russ Brandon announced on his weekly WGR segment that local restaurateur Russell Salvatore has committed to purchasing the unsold inventory. That means tickets remain on sale.

http://blogs.buffalo...lacked-out.html

I love how they always throw in the 75 miles radius thing when talking about the black out... even though it blacks out as far east as Utica which last time I checked was a little over 200 miles away.

Also, he must have purchased some inventory already if he is giving them away.

Edited by Metal Man

I love how they always throw in the 75 miles radius thing when talking about the black out... even though it blacks out as far east as Utica which last time I checked was a little over 200 miles away.

Also, he must have purchased some inventory already if he is giving them away.

The blackout is based on the old analog TV coverage. Ch.5 WTVH, Syracuse coverage reached the 75-mile circle. But now with HDTV over-air-coverage is about half of analog. Syracuse should not be blacked out. (FYI Utica gets blacked out because their is no CBS affiliate there.)

PTR