Ugh. I blew it. My bad. I'm optimistic again.

ThurmasThoman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man last week took a lot out of me.

But just like I say after a hard night drinking that I'm never drinking again but

the weekend comes and BAM!!! They drag me back in!

running the table is very possible, IT CAN HAPPEN!!!

GO BILLS!

(ps...if your not gonna drink that, pass it over here)

im with the OP...i too was down and out as usual and then found myself monday doing the same exact thing and began to realize if i cant fight the addiction why not succomb to it...then it happened...pitt cincy and buff all at 9-7 with pitt eliminating cincy based on head to head tiebreakers and the bills taking the 6th seed by virtue of a conference record tie with both teams at 6-6 and better record between commong opponents (according the the playoff machine)....so here i am and there ill be sunday at the ralph ready to roll as sad as it may sound...

At least we know for sure, if we lose again its officially over. Im still hoping for playoffs because Im used to begging. Lets hope for a miracle run to sneak into playoffs, if they dont do it then on to my Chicago Bulls. Funny though, I'll still check this site every couple days during the whole offseason, what am I waiting for, the next season, yes, BRING ON PAIN!

The counselor looked around the room I could feel his eyes burning thru my guilt ridden slumped over body, "YOU" he bellowed "we haven't heard from you yet" I looked around the room, cleared my throat and in a soft near whisper said...

Hello,

My name is Bill

I'm 55 years old &

I too am a "Bills-alcoholic"

...and everyone said: HI BILL!!! :lol:

However you dice it, if the Bills win this week and the Bengals and Steelers lose, they're only one game out of the playoffs. If you don't think people will be fired up if that happens, you haven't been a Bills fan for very long.

Some Bills fans stay fired up until the Bills are mathematically eliminated.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I swore up and down this wasnt going to happen.

Was going to go out and enjoy my sunday with my family--sleep in, brunch, christmas shopping, maybe some outdoor activities.

then i played with the playoff machine:

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

at first, i was wildly unrealistic with it, and got the bills a playoff spot with ease.

then, i went back through, and was a little more reserved, and managed to get us a 6 seed pretty quickly.

then, i looked at our schedule:

jags/rams/dolphins/seahawks/jets

and all of a sudden, it happened.

i realized, unfortunately, i was going to be watching the jags game, hoping for the playoffs.

sorry guys. i hate me just as much as you do.

but im not giving up on the playoffs.

sadly, i think we can do this.

CONGRATS, YOU ARE NOW ONE OF MY TOP 5 TWOBILLSDRIVE THREAD CONTIBUTORS!!! YAAAY BILLS, WE A BOWL BOUND BABY!

hello. my name is meathead. and im a billsaholic

my mind flashes back to the infamous choke of all bills choke endings where they rallied over the last few games to put themselves in an extremely unforseeable position to claim the last playoff spot - only to choke to death against third stringers at home

such is the fate of a billsaholic

so you would think i could think my way out of being able to summon any confidence they could make another magical run, have everything line up again like it was divinely inspired, only this time to actually reach up and grasp that last playoff spot against a jets team in full implosion mode at the ralph

nope. here i sit thinking maybe ... just maybe

hello. my name is meathead. and im a billsaholic

Hello. My name is Jack and im a billsaholic.

It all started back in the fall of 1988 when I went to college and my roomate was a Bills fan so every Sunday we'd watch the Bills. My first visit to the Rich stadium was against Miami in 1995. In 1999, I made it to 6 of the 8 home games, so I decided I may as well get seasons, so in 2000 I did. I moved my seat locations a couple of times, and now I'm in the sideline clubs. I have considered dropping them, but I don't want to lose out on my seat locations if the Bills start showing signs of life again, so year after year, I renew and hope.

You can only have a bandwagon if the sports franchise is occasionally good. We just have a wagon, and the only circling it is currently doing is circling the drain.

Not true Die Hard fans never leave or fall off of the wagon.

Let me say this about the Bills occasionally they are good. Then good usualy is followed by a lot of garbage.

im with the OP...i too was down and out as usual and then found myself monday doing the same exact thing and began to realize if i cant fight the addiction why not succomb to it...then it happened...pitt cincy and buff all at 9-7 with pitt eliminating cincy based on head to head tiebreakers and the bills taking the 6th seed by virtue of a conference record tie with both teams at 6-6 and better record between commong opponents (according the the playoff machine)....so here i am and there ill be sunday at the ralph ready to roll as sad as it may sound...

yeah.

i just dont want anyone in this thread or on this board to get confused, and think that I think we have a good team: we dont. at all. we suck.

however.

were home for the jags this weekend. the freaking 2-9 jaguars.

IF WE WIN THIS GAME (vegas has us as 6 point favorites)

AND THE STEELERS LOSE (vegas JUST posted the line at ravens -8, after confirmation roth. is sitting)

the Bills would be one freaking game back from the wildcard, with 4 winnable games left, 3 at home.

ugh.

i hate myself for doing this to myself.

and believe me, i know that winning out and making the playoffs would result in only 3 things:

1) getting absolutely steamrolled in wildcard weekend by a vastly, VASTLY, superior patriots or broncos team, after i spent an entire week leading up to it euphorically talking myself into ways that we could win the game.

2) chan gailey would return as head coach--despite a terrible body of work, this 5 game window against the dregs of the league could align the planets just right so we stole a wild card in the most improbable of ways, and he would earn another 3 years on the job.

3) fitzpatrick would be our starter at qb next year.

i want you to know right now that i would be a much, much happier person if we get killed by the jags this weekend. i want this misery to end. i really do. but ill be damned if i havent looked at the remaining 5 weeks of football action, looked at all the wild card "contenders" and their schedules, looked at the standings, TRIED to talk myself out of it, but i still freaking think we can make the playoffs.

im sorry.

in all honesty, if i was a mod, i would ban me.

but i, in my heart of hearts, thinks were going to the playoffs. i think were going to smoke the jags with ease, i think the steelers are going to get rolled, and i think this board is going to look like mario williams at the airport day next monday morning.

Not true Die Hard fans never leave or fall off of the wagon.

exactly. the bills are like sex.

its awesome. and even when its bad, its still pretty fun.