Pick one to leave - Fitz, Chan or Wanny

If the Bills had a competent QB, that ranked in the middle of the league in "deep pass" completions, I feel the Bills offense would be very successful under Gailey. With defenders spread out to prevent the deep pass, they wouldn't be crowding the line of scrimmage, which would be a huge advantage for the Bills run game. But since Fitz is the worst passer in the league in regards to passes thrown over 20 yards, defenses play the entire field as if it were the red zone against the Bills.

Well said

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan, because with a new HC I don't for see Fitz playing and they would want to bring in there own DC

Another violation of the rules (once again, have to assume if you pick a HC the QB and DC will stay the same; if you pick a new DC, Fitz and Chan stay, etc)

Your sentence is to listen to Chan Gailey's last press conference in its entirety and then write out on a sheet of paper 200 times " Fitz is our QB of the future"

I would toss Fitz. Tossing Chan without giving him a proper QB to work with doesn't make sense to me. As for Wanny, I would like to see his defense with at least a few decent LBrs on the field. I don't see any coach making the playoffs with this season's roster. A quality QB and some quality LBrs would make this coaching staff look a lot smarter.

Very few votes for Wanny here and I'm surprised given the posts earlier this season calling for his head.

There are defensive coordinators that would salivate to have our D Line (and those same coordinators would wince at our secondary and LB's). That being said, a new DC could probably squeeze more production from our current LB crew...it just seems Wanny is a passive coach/coordinator.

I'm still keeping with my initial vote though...Chan

Remember - there's no "i" in Team and there's no "Chan" in Playoffs

Objection!!! The answer is non-responsive to the question posed. Have to assume Gailey, Fitz and Wanny will keep their jobs/duties with no backup, immediate firings, etc.

Your sentence is to watch the second half of the New England Patriots - Bills home game in it's entirety in slow motion. Sentence to run concurrent as you have the 49'rs game on in split screen.

Point taken.

But I would still dump Gailey. His game day management is consistently suspect and his botched coaching personel decisions (including bringing in the less than useless Dave "Wildcat guru" Lee to destroy what was left of Fitz's already tenuous arm) are incredible in their number and magnitude after just 2 full seasons.

Gailey is a fraud. He was fired from two crappy organizations before the Bills jumped on him. How more red could the flags have been?? His greatest accomplishment was leading the vestiges of the Dallas SB winning team to consecutive one and done playoff losses---13 years ago!!

Point taken.

But I would still dump Gailey. His game day management is consistently suspect and his botched coaching personel decisions (including bringing in the less than useless Dave "Wildcat guru" Lee to destroy what was left of Fitz's already tenuous arm) are incredible in their number and magnitude after just 2 full seasons.

Gailey is a fraud. He was fired from two crappy organizations before the Bills jumped on him. How more red could the flags have been?? His greatest accomplishment was leading the vestiges of the Dallas SB winning team to consecutive one and done playoff losses---13 years ago!!

I agree with that assessment fully.

Your sentence has been reduced to the Pats' game second half and a one hour highlight reel of Kelvin Sheppard's greatest hits...it's a short film

This is how it came down.

- Bills lost close game when they should have won, led to the conclusion that Fitz sucks.

- Gailey protection for Fitz led to Chan Gailey sucks.

- Buddy Nix said he wants to keep Gailey as HC led to Buddy sucks.

- Ralph tried to hire a good coach but nobody came knocking so he hired Buddy who hired Chan Gailey, and that led to "Ralph is too old and too clueless, why wouldn't he just sell the team to Jim Kelly, and yeah, he sucks too."

So, if they would have won more games then nobody would suck.

However, in reality they all took their turn sucking. If it wasn't the poor defense, it was the poor QB plays, or bad play calling from the coaches. That's why every week we can calling for someone to be fired. But who to fire is different from week to week. This team is just so darn inconsistent, even in the sucking department.

Edited by Big Hurt

Ralph. All 3 are gone then.

:thumbsup: I'm at this stage now...only 4 would need to go. The man who drafted Kelvin Shepperd / Aaron Williams first

Nobody this owner hires as GM-HC will ever replicate those super bowl years of winning. Because nobody worth a crap wants to work for the man.

Buddy Nix was a retired head scout, not an ex GM, Gailey was fired from his previous job as OC. Wannstedt has been the worse DC in the history of the Buffalo Bills, he set NFL records for being bad with some of the very best talent.

I might change my opinion of Wilson if he fired all three losers and hired Bill Cowher away from CBS. Or hired Bill Polian to be president, or both. Then promised to never call or bother either of them. :lol:

P,S. Shoot, Cowher might even choose to keep Fitz and turn him into a viable playoff QB ...like he did with so many QB scrubs he took to the playoffs in Pittsburgh. That is, while he waits to draft another Big Ben

Edited by FeartheLosing

This is how it came down.

- Bills lost close game when they should have won, led to the conclusion that Fitz sucks.

- Gailey protection for Fitz led to Chan Gailey sucks.

- Buddy Nix said he wants to keep Gailey as HC led to Buddy sucks.

- Ralph tried to hire a good coach but nobody came knocking so he hired Buddy who hired Chan Gailey, and that led to "Ralph is too old and too clueless, why wouldn't he just sell the team to Jim Kelly, and yeah, he sucks too."

So, if they would have won more games then nobody would suck.

However, in reality they all took their turn sucking. If it wasn't the poor defense, it was the poor QB plays, or bad play calling from the coaches. That's why every week we can calling for someone to be fired. But who to fire is different from week to week. This team is just so darn inconsistent, even in the sucking department.

Great, great post!!! An All-timer!!! Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Fitz, no matter how bad or crazy you think Gailey's playcalling is, we would have a winning record with a QB that can attack every part of the field and be more accurate with his throws.

Edited by Fixxxer

So its Gaileys fault he has schemed up plays that leave guys as open as you'll see in the NFL two or three times a game running downfield and because our QB can't make a simple throw on target we leave 14 easy points on the field?

I mean how many wide open TDs has Fitz missed this year? 8? 9? Maybe more?

Add 14 points to our totals each game and see what our win/loss record would be. I find it amazing Gailey can scheme the way he does with a QB that can't throw the ball more than 15 yards...its pretty impressive when you really think about it...

So its Gaileys fault he has schemed up plays that leave guys as open as you'll see in the NFL two or three times a game running downfield and because our QB can't make a simple throw on target we leave 14 easy points on the field?

I mean how many wide open TDs has Fitz missed this year? 8? 9? Maybe more?

Add 14 points to our totals each game and see what our win/loss record would be. I find it amazing Gailey can scheme the way he does with a QB that can't throw the ball more than 15 yards...its pretty impressive when you really think about it...

I agree...That's why it really shocks me how infatuated with Fitz Gailey seems to be...You have to know every time Fitz misses one of these open deep passes it takes more than a few minutes off Chan's life...It has to kill the guy when he sees his Offense get EXACTLY what they want, his QB properly read the play then throw to the correct receiver, only to have the pass go woefully off-target...Those plays are Coach killers in more way than one... B-)