Gailey- Fitz is the guy for us- full quote in first post

theesir

wtf.. been lurking and quiet to long... I need to VENT! all this dumb ass redneck gives is poor spin and major exuses... 50 year fan, wife of 30 years thinks I'm totally insane for doing it year after year. This guy is a dum f#@$%^. I know the type, thinks he's smarter than everyone else.... Glad I got DIr TV to give me the ticket for free, thanks to you posters for the script.. dum f$%^& all around.. .. why don't they see it?? We all know it.. bye bye ralphie, time to go...... I am done. AS posted many times here now we will screw up our draft position and end up with another loser..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I win the Powerball tonight, I'm buying a majority share in the Buffalo Bills and firing him and ending once and for all this Fitzpatrick experiment. :P

How stupid can you be??!?! He didn't have to say THAT to support Fitzpatrick... it hows his ignorance.

Edited by BmoreBills

I posted this elsewhere, but said it somewhat different. A "stud" QB isn't going to solve anything. As long as Gailey is calling in the plays from the sideline and the QB isn't allowed to audible to change them, we're going to see the same result. As long as you give one of the best runners in the NFL only 10-15 carries a game (Spiller) in favor of throwing the ball 40 times, we're going to see the same result. It's easy to blame the player, but sometimes you have to dig deeper to see the real problem.

You have said it all!!!!!

Considering earlier this week Chan said Fitz isn't allowed to audible because he may give the ball to CJ and Fitz doesn't know how many times he (Chan) wants CJ to get the ball, I think Chan should just stop talking all together.

You've got quite a habit of putting altered words in other people's mouths to justify your righteous outrage

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more accurate subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Gailey has a 4 year contract. Part of me thinks it's just coach speak. Other part of me thinks Gailey isn't smart enough for that and he's being truthful.

Just before Jauron was fired halfway thru 09 he had started scuttling his own ship In the preseason. He announced he wanted to use the no huddle offense, then cut he cut Langston Walker so the team had no viable RT. RG Brad Butler retired to go into politics He cut LG Derrick Dockery, and he allowed the FO to trade away LT Jason Peters in the off season. That O line was screwed from the start of 09. He fired his OC two weeks before the season started and then promoted the QB coach to OC, That 09 season was a disaster waiting to happen. Going 6-10 was a miracle due to Perry Fewell taking over and benching Trent Edwards for Fitz.

Although Chan Gailey hasn't outright cut any of his players he still refuses to utilize his best players (RB's) to their potential and keeps making the backup QB throw 30-40 times a game. Perhaps this is his way of saying I'm done, fire me please so I can sit back, do nothing, and still get paid.

No matter how they spin it, you simply cannot market/sell a 2013 Bills team with Chan and Fitz back and no 1st/2nd round QB on the roster. They could try, but season tickets will drop by at least 15k. That will get ralphie's/littman's attention, if nothing else on the field will.

Agreed... B-)

I posted this elsewhere, but said it somewhat different. A "stud" QB isn't going to solve anything. As long as Gailey is calling in the plays from the sideline and the QB isn't allowed to audible to change them, we're going to see the same result. As long as you give one of the best runners in the NFL only 10-15 carries a game (Spiller) in favor of throwing the ball 40 times, we're going to see the same result. It's easy to blame the player, but sometimes you have to dig deeper to see the real problem.

Look...I'm no Gailey Fan either...I certainly would like to see him gone...But if you think a stud QB would not help this Offense immensely, Gailey or not, I have to question what Team you're watching on most Sundays...

No offense, but you can dig as deep as you want, and Fitz is still not going to be good enough...Gailey is not going to be here forever regardless...So The Bills need to improve at QB period...End of story... B-)

You've got quite a habit of putting altered words in other people's mouths to justify your righteous outrage

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more accurate subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Really Simon? My original title was misleading? The full quote and Paul Hamilton story I took it from with the same title was in my first post. As for the no audibles due to Fitz not knowing how many times they want CJ to have the ball; that's a direct quote from Chan on Monday on Howard Simon's show. Here's the link. http://audio.wgr550.com/a/66965602/11-26-chan-gailey-describes-what-went-wrong-in-indianapolis.htm?pageid=401026

Where are my altered words?

Edited by theesir

What do you expect him to say? Cut his QB off at the knees in the middle of the season? How does that help? I doubt any of us has any idea what he really thinks. He is playing with cards he is dealt. Fitz is the best and only option on the roster for now.

We're 3 games past midsession and essentially out of the playoffs barring a miracle. He should say given our record and struggles they're reviewing everything and he won't commit to anything

Really Simon? My original title was misleading? The full quote and Paul Hamilton story I took it from with the same title was in my first post. As for the no audibles due to Fitz not knowing how many times they want CJ to have the ball; that's a direct quote from Chan on Monday on Howard Simon's show. Here's the link. http://audio.wgr550....m?pageid=401026

Where are my altered words?

Well then that Hamilton fella has the same habit since nowhere does Gailey actually say that Fitz is the QB of the future; he says he thinks we're talking about him being the QB of the near future but that they're still looking to develop a QB for the future.

Considering the liberties you took with that quote to create your attention-grabbing inaccurate title, I also question what Chan actually said about audibles.

Anyhoo, thank you for changing the thread title to something not quite as inaccurate

Well then that Hamilton fella has the same habit since nowhere does Gailey actually say that Fitz is the QB of the future; he says he thinks we're talking about him being the QB of the near future but that they're still looking to develop a QB for the future.

Considering the liberties you took with that quote to create your attention-grabbing inaccurate title, I also question what Chan actually said about audibles.

Anyhoo, thank you for changing the thread title to something not quite as inaccurate

Got to be honest...I read the quote and listened to it on the way home...Everyone can have their own opinion...But I felt Gailey was saying pretty clearly that Fitz is the guy now, and in (at very least) the near future...That was how he's always felt, and nothing has changed...Gailey is the HC...So it holds a lot of weight when he makes a statement like that...IMHO Gailey was not going to back away one inch from his continued endorsement of Fitz...And I get that I guess...he's close to retirement anyway... ;) It did not strike me as something that was said simply to keep the teams eye on the prize or anything like that...I took it that Gailey was basically saying look...Fitz is the guy now and in the foreseeable future, the Offense will get better, and nothing has changed his opinion...I think, and I could be wrong as hell...But I think Gaily was making a stand on Fitz...He's his guy...We'll see if that changes when/if he gets ultimatum-ed in the off season...

Like I said...just my opinion... B-)

What else would one expect him to say? Something like this:"We would like to do better than Fitzpatrick. We would have liked to have drafted Andrew Luck or one of the other quarterbacks that went 1st or 2nd, but we didn't have those picks. At least he's better than some of the stiffs we've had playing the position in the last few years. We've done worse."

If there aren't any QB's outside of Geno Smith worthy of taking in the 1st, then they should take one in the 2nd and let him compete with Fritz and see what happens. 2nd round QB's rarely turn out to be stars like Drew Brees. Fritz may beat the guy out, who knows. At least there's a chance for improvement. The 1st round pick could be used on a badly needed playmaker for the defense. If they thought they'd pass on drafting any QB's once again next year I don't think Nix would have said anything about upgrading the position.

what he should have said was...

Fitz can play better and we are working hard at getting him better.

That's what Chan should have said. Fitz is way overdue for some harsh comments from his Coach. Not this kiss Fitz ass approach just to save his job.

I guess we have to wait until Chan and Buddy have the talk with Ralph at his house in Detroit to see if anythang new goes down.

That is what we all thought, but didn't something come out recently (something Nix said?) to contradict this 3-year deal thing?

Maybe they signed a secret extension, you know, so no other team can steal Chan away from us...

Chan claimed his contract was longer than 3 years. Not sure if he admitted how many exactly but he did say more than 3. I'd guess its 5.

This was painful to read. He continues to expose our teams offensive weakness and fails to use our strength. I have now lost faith in chan if he can't see fitz is failing the team then what else is he missing? does gaily not see the plays that Fitz has missed out on.

I want to see easliy on the field i don't trust gaileys idea of talent.

CJ Spiller was just called the starter when he was so dominant early on.

Kyle moore finally got out there did good.

Aaron william had to get hurt in order for him to lose his corner position.

Good coaches go with the hot hand and bench players who do not preform. Every one should plays at a high level in the NFL we should be able to plug in players.

I want a guy in the 1st or 2nd, let Fitz compete for the job with it slanted towards the young guy. Levi Brown said Fitz was a great teacher and if Fitz is our backup QB, we would have one of the best guys in the league. It's what he was originally signed to do in the 1st place.

Yes, a $50M backup. That makes a lot of sense.

On second thought, it would certainly be a typical Buffalo Bills move to pay a guy $10M a serve as a backup.