Tyler Wilson Q.B. Arkansas

Buffaloed in Pa

A lot depends on how he performs during post season workouts, the combine, senior bowl etc... Given his skill set, and the perceived lack of QB talent in this class, I could see Tyler being picked as early as top 5-10 in the 1st round. If he does not shine during post season events, however, I could see him falling as low as mid-late 2nd round.

Personally, I think Tyler is a great QB prospect whose play declined this season because he was on a horrible team with limited talent surrounding him (and terrible coaching).

A lot depends on how he performs during post season workouts, the combine, senior bowl etc... Given his skill set, and the perceived lack of QB talent in this class, I could see Tyler being picked as early as top 5-10 in the 1st round. If he does not shine during post season events, however, I could see him falling as low as mid-late 2nd round.

Personally, I think Tyler is a great QB prospect whose play declined this season because he was on a horrible team with limited talent surrounding him (and terrible coaching).

This is what I`ve heard also.

Should be a high 1st round pick in this draft class. Wouldnt feel good about starting him right away though. He would be better served by holding the clipboard for at least a year IMO. If we stay where we are now in the draft order we should be in position to get Barkely, Smith or Wilson either by standing pat or maybe moving up since we could well be within striking distance. Need (and have) more time to decide whether that is the right strategy though given this years draft class. Last year was a no brainer.

Should be a high 1st round pick in this draft class. Wouldnt feel good about starting him right away though. He would be better served by holding the clipboard for at least a year IMO. If we stay where we are now in the draft order we should be in position to get Barkely, Smith or Wilson either by standing pat or maybe moving up since we could well be within striking distance. Need (and have) more time to decide whether that is the right strategy though given this years draft class. Last year was a no brainer.

Looks like it. But you never know.

If being on a "horrible team with limited talent surrounding him (and terrible coaching)" causes him to play poorly, then he is DOOMED if he comes here...

Geno Smith is already a Chief, or Jaguar, at #1 overall...Take it to the bank... B-)

Any takers in the 1st rd ? I know alot of posters like Te O from N.D. What if he`s gone. Wilson at 6-3 220 with a good arm ,feet and smarts.

There are three very good qb prospects who will probably taken in the first half of the draft, if not higher. They are Geno Smith of WV, Matt Barkley of USC and Tyler Wilson of Arkansas. None of these three are in the elite category of Andrew Luck or RGII. But each of the three mentioned are good prospects who with the right coaching and approach can play right away. Landry Jones is a qb I am intriqued with. He has all the tools but I believe he is a notch down from the above noted qbs.

From a strategic standpoint it is better for the Bills not to win too much and thus creep into a lower draft position that will lessen the probability of getting one of the better qbs in this draft. In all likelihood KC is going to use their first pick on a qb, Geno Smith. Jacksonville might do the same. So it is not certan that the Bills will be in position to take one of these three qbs.

Edited by JohnC

Not sure if any of you caught this little tidbit on WGR the other day...And to be honest I forget who said it, may have been Sal...But it was reported that The Bills are VERY interested in Mike Glennon from NC St...Whoever reported it said The Bills have been out to Scout Glennon numerous times already and really like the Kid...They said Glennon was the one to watch despite the fact that he's not necessarily a Chan Gailey-type QB...

Well...Considering Fitz IS a Chan Gailey-type QB I'm guessing that's a good thing... ;)

There are at least 4 QBs I'd want over Wilson. Smith, Barkley, Murray (if he comes out), and Jones. Bet on Smith being gone before we get a chance to take him, but the other 3 should be in play. I'd much rather have Te'o in the first and Jones in the second. If Te'o is gone, I'd be very happy with Barkley or Murray with our first pick.

Wilson has not done anything in his entire career that would place him as a first round pick. 21/13 TD/INT ratio this season and very unimpressive stats against any team with any Defense whatsoever (I mean, 5 of those TDs were against Kentucky). Last year was a bit better, but most of his really good games were against non-conference "gimme" games and the weaker SEC teams. I would hate this pick as a long term solution at QB.

Edited by Mark80

The few times I've seen Tyler Wilson he hasn't looked too good. The few times i have seen Murray he's looked very good so my opinion is totally swayed.

I've also watched Mike Glennon a bunch so I'm one of the few people on this board who feel he will excel in the Pro's even more than he did in college. I wouldn't mind him in a Bills uniform.

There are at least 4 QBs I'd want over Wilson. Smith, Barkley, Murray (if he comes out), and Jones. Bet on Smith being gone before we get a chance to take him, but the other 3 should be in play. I'd much rather have Te'o in the first and Jones in the second. If Te'o is gone, I'd be very happy with Barkley or Murray with our first pick.

Wilson has not done anything in his entire career that would place him as a first round pick. 21/13 TD/INT ratio this season and very unimpressive stats against any team with any Defense whatsoever. Last year was a bit better, but most of his really good games were against non-conference "gimme" games and the weaker SEC teams. I would hate this pick as a long term solution at QB.

Murray is only 6-1...I think he's going to struggle in the NFL because of his size..I think the same thing about Barkley to be honest...Both are on the short side, and neither is a great athlete.and scrambler like Drew Brees... I think Wilson's upside is better than both Murray and Barkley...We'll see though... B-)

Wilson has not done anything in his entire career that would place him as a first round pick. 21/13 TD/INT ratio this season and very unimpressive stats against any team with any Defense whatsoever (I mean, 5 of those TDs were against Kentucky). Last year was a bit better, but most of his really good games were against non-conference "gimme" games and the weaker SEC teams. I would hate this pick as a long term solution at QB.

Watch some footage of his junior year before Arkansas imploded. He was considered by many to be a top QB prospect after the 2011 season, and likely would have been a top 5 pick if not for Luck and RG-III. He was very impressive last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.