Buffalo Bills: Why Moving on from Ryan Fitzpatrick Is a Must

Martimus

When I say that people knew the extension was a bad idea, I wasn't talking about the money aspect of it, but the fact that they were convinced that Fitz was the answer, and stayed with him instead of drafting a QB. Now that they have admitted they need a QB, there really are none in the draft.

Plus, it's almost a fact (read that carefully...I said almost) that once a player gets his extension, his performance drops off a cliff. I have nothing to corroborate this, but it seems that the player is less motivated to perform. This is why I'd love to see a maximum of 3-year contracts....as if it would ever happen.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz isn't the answer and the Bills should upgrade the QB position if they can upgrade it, but for you guys to hang your hat on some pinhead with a BA in English who looks like he has never played an organized team sport in his life, let alone reporting on professional football. OMG! You will go to any lengths to bash Fitz.

Plus, it's almost a fact (read that carefully...I said almost) that once a player gets his extension, his performance drops off a cliff. I have nothing to corroborate this, but it seems that the player is less motivated to perform. This is why I'd love to see a maximum of 3-year contracts....as if it would ever happen.

Not sure about the facts, or if it had anything to do with Fitz's performance or if it was coincidence, but he went from being OK with better then OK games on occasion, to terrible-starting the day he signed the extension and has only been getting worse since.

Alot of us non-kool aid drinkers knew the extension was a terrible decision, but over time with Fitz's normal crappy play, alot more delusional Bills' fans are starting to agree with us. Fitz is the most intelligent dumbass I have ever seen.

Well...I don't think smarts have ever had anything to do with the reason Fitz basically sucks...IMHO it's always been about his overall physical ability as a QB...or lack thereof...The guy makes the right reads often enough...Probably more than most NFL QB's...But getting the ball to the receiver where it needs to be, on time...That's a whole different story...He's got an average to below average NFL arm, his mechanics are not great, he can take off and run but he is not good at all in buying time and moving within the pocket to make a completion, and he's the least accurate deep-pass QB I've ever seen...He is brutally bad in that area...He makes the right read, then over, or under-throws the receiver 90% of the time...

So anyway...I would not say dumbass as much as I would say he's not an NFL caliber athlete... B-)

Well...I don't think smarts have ever had anything to do with the reason Fitz basically sucks...IMHO it's always been about his overall physical ability as a QB...or lack thereof...The guy makes the right reads often enough...Probably more than most NFL QB's...But getting the ball to the receiver where it needs to be, on time...That's a whole different story...He's got an average to below average NFL arm, his mechanics are not great, he can take off and run but he is not good at all in buying time and moving within the pocket to make a completion, and he's the least accurate deep-pass QB I've ever seen...He is brutally bad in that area...He makes the right read, then over, or under-throws the receiver 90% of the time...

So anyway...I would not say dumbass as much as I would say he's not an NFL caliber athlete... B-)

This is correct, and it's why Fitz will be a great coordinator or coach someday. He's a modern day Jim Harbaugh.

The Bills will no doubt be picking around yet 10 again. Geno Smith will be long gone.

My hope is that the Bills throw caution to the wind and just go ahead and select EJ Manuel with their first pick (assuming he's not seen as a 1st round QB). Huge, athletic kid with a big arm who will in no way be there in the second round. He can sit a year behind Fitzpatrick and become our Colin Kaepernick. Who cares what the experts say about it. Let them laugh. We need a QB who's at least got the foundational size, arm and athleticism to become a great NFL QB. I'd even double down on QB in the 2014 draft. Finding their next great QB is the #1 priority and I don't care if they have to blow their next three first rounders to find one.

Wonder if we would have better with Trent? How could we have been worse?

Anyway, Fitz has cost us 3 years of our lives.

Couldnt of been that bad, just think since he sucks we would run the ball alot more and his checkdowns would be to spiller! i say thats alot better then what we have now

I think we need a new QB too, the last couple years have not shown any major improvement in my book, he is either hot or dead cold. Someone with a better arm would be great.Time for me to start looking at who will be available

Not sure about the facts, or if it had anything to do with Fitz's performance or if it was coincidence, but he went from being OK with better then OK games on occasion, to terrible-starting the day he signed the extension and has only been getting worse since.

Didn't he get that extension after 4 games? Doesn't it take the league about 4 games to figure out what your doing on offence and make adjustments? Does Fitz have the ability to permit changes in scheme or gameplan to counter those adjustments? Yes, yes and no. That is all ye need to know.

Fitz isn't the answer and the Bills should upgrade the QB position if they can upgrade it, but for you guys to hang your hat on some pinhead with a BA in English who looks like he has never played an organized team sport in his life, let alone reporting on professional football. OMG! You will go to any lengths to bash Fitz.

Just curious...are you and Fitz secretly dating or something? I mean, it's fine...I'm Canadian after all and it's all legal and stuff up here, but you will seriously go to any lengths to back Fitz.

Just curious...are you and Fitz secretly dating or something? I mean, it's fine...I'm Canadian after all and it's all legal and stuff up here, but you will seriously go to any lengths to back Fitz.

Skippy, your mom is calling you for dinner. Run along now!

Typical, amateurish attempt at a comeback when in reality, you have none.

seriously freakpop.....you have to look at the title to these fitz threads and look the other way....."because everyone will go to crazy lengths to bash fitz."

it's not bashing, we are all bills fans who want to improve the team, fitzbegone is one of those major steps. you agree to disagree, fair enough

take it easy with the skippy's and the low iq's digs buddy, its not that serious.

Edited by Ryan L Billz