When do heads start to roll? Namely Chan, Buddy, Wanny, Fitz?

MClem06

Just fire them all!!!!!!!! Just kidding. Really Fitzmoney? You want to keep Fitzmoney? Has he not shown us in every fashion that he had a fluke first six games last year. The Bills reeling with excitement that they have found the holy grail of QBs jumped quick to resign him, then found quickly he was one of those knock offs that is made from cheap plastic painted gold. Hell the Bills organization is suffering from lead poisoning right now because they drank from the damn thing. Chan the man has terrible play calling as well. It's like he is trying to convince the fans that he did not make a horrible decision to resign Fitzmoney by letting him pass and pass. In Gailey's mind, maybe he thinks if he lets fitzmoney throw, maybe he will be good someday. Sorry the dude is a bum. Another question I have why the hell is thigpen on the team? We traded for T Jackson and he is the third QB. Dump Thigpen or Brad Smith. We dont need both.

if they lose to the Jags at home this weekend Ralph has to say something .

Anything would do, just dont sit back and watch your team be poorly coached.

Who says Ralph is watching? Who says he even can watch or say something?

Dude has been "Weekend at Bernie"ing this entire season. It sucks to say it as a fan, but there is no point in backing this team while he is still the owner. And thanks to his own insistence, that means we have to indirectly cheer for his death.

I hate even having to allude to it, but that is the situation Ralph has put us in. The team can not take any real steps forward until we get a new owner. The team will not have a new owner until Ralph passes, as dictated by Ralph. Therefore, if you want changes, you have to hope he passes sooner rather than later.

It's a sick and horrible place to be in, but such is life for a Bills fan.

Nix and Gailey should be fired. The "southern" approach they bring was doomed to fail from the start in a northeastern city like Buffalo. It ain't Fitzpatrick's fault he sucks, it's Nix for resigning him and Gailey for thinking he could win with the guy. What they know now about him they should have known 3 season ago.

No one big gets fired prior to the season ending, thats almost guaranteed because who do you elevate to the interim HC position? Wanny? Modkins? The ST Coach? I can't ever remember a time where a team then hired someone outside the organisation during the season to coach because they have no time to implement their systems. Whomeever would take over doesn't have time to teach any new schemes to the team so they basically just continue with what the team already knows til the end of the season.

Wanny is probably safe for now because the defence has been improving over the last few games, and again, no one really able to take over and replace him right now.

The trade deadline is over and the only roster moves that can be made would be the cutting of players and raiding other teams PS players, or the waiver wire, so Nix wouldn't be let go til the end of the season anyways.

To be honest, the way I think it plays out, the Bills win a few games and end the season at 8-8 or 7-9. Nix announces he is going to retire/step down and hand the control over to Whaley at this time. As for Chan, the front office may decide to let him go, or allow him to step down also. I can't see any of them being let go, more likely they decide to step down and maybe be given a consulting type role or "retire".

I think it is highly unlikley that either Nix or Gailey are fired. Wilson seems very near the end. I think it is unlikley he wants to or is even capable of going through the coaching/GM circus carousel again. This team does have talent. It needs a long term upgrade at QB. It needs to address a couple of weak spots on defense. While it may also need a change at Head Coach, and I am really starting to lose faith in Gailey, I just do not see them taking that track this year, with so much of the team's future up in the air. Just the way it is I am afraid. I would not be surpised to see Nix step down for Whaley after the draft, nor would I be surprised if Nix tried to force some change in approach of the Coaching staff, but wholesale change is not coming no matter how loud the fans scream.

Once the future of the team is more clear, whether in Buffalo or not, they will be open for business. Status quo until then.

Chan has 2 years left on his contract - my guess is that he's back next year which just reinforces the notion that the Bills are a bad franchise that tolerates bad coaching and have no real commitment to winning. And they wonder why it's so hard to get quality coaches and players to come here.

Chan has 2 years left on his contract - my guess is that he's back next year which just reinforces the notion that the Bills are a bad franchise that tolerates bad coaching and have no real commitment to winning. And they wonder why it's so hard to get quality coaches and players to come here.

Enough with this already, its about as real as the "Ralph is Cheap" idea

There are only 32 of each coaching/co-ordinating/GM positions in the league. Not all coaches/co-ordinators in the league want to be HC's, and sometimes there are some that feel comfortable where they are and with what they are doing. In the last coaching search, how many people actually turned the Bills down? The OC for the Jets who wanted to stay in NY as the OC, and Cowher who hasn't accepted any offers to coach and seems pretty happy/content with his broadcasting job. Shanahan turned the bills down to accept the offer from the redskins to coach them. Those are the only 2 that I can remember actually turning down the Bills offer. It was the allmighty Saint Cowher who turned down Buffalos offer because he said he wasn't interested in getting back into coaching, but gave them the recommendation for Gailey

There are only 32 of each coaching/co-ordinating/GM positions in the league. Not all coaches/co-ordinators in the league want to be HC's, and sometimes there are some that feel comfortable where they are and with what they are doing. In the last coaching search, how many people actually turned the Bills down? The OC for the Jets who wanted to stay in NY as the OC, and Cowher who hasn't accepted any offers to coach and seems pretty happy/content with his broadcasting job. Shanahan turned the bills down to accept the offer from the redskins to coach them. Those are the only 2 that I can remember actually turning down the Bills offer. It was the allmighty Saint Cowher who turned down Buffalos offer because he said he wasn't interested in getting back into coaching, but gave them the recommendation for Gailey

The situation that Ralph has this franchise in is way more real than "ralph is cheap".

The stability of this franchise is literally day to day and directly dependent on the health of a 94 year old man. No one knows what is going to happen when Ralph passes. All we do know is that "the team will be sold to the highest bidder", or whoever.

No top tier coach who wants to establish a legacy is going to come to this team when we can't definitely tell him where he will be coaching next season. It could be Buffalo. I hope it's in Buffalo. Or, he could take the job in January, Ralph passes in March, and the coach is putting his new house on the market and up-rooting his family again to move who-knows-where.

That is the reality that Nix and the Bills face. This franchise is a joke. Not just because of the play on the field or the coaching, but more so due to the ownership.

Nix and Gailey should be fired. The "southern" approach they bring was doomed to fail from the start in a northeastern city like Buffalo. It ain't Fitzpatrick's fault he sucks, it's Nix for resigning him and Gailey for thinking he could win with the guy. What they know now about him they should have known 3 season ago.

Congrats! Worst logic posted in an already irrational thread on an already irrational board. Any real argument behind this or is it "People from the south talk funny! Harharhar"?

You're crazy if you think Buffalo is as attractive a coaching/playing gig as other NFL cities. There are a lot of factors - small market, weather, etc. but you have to factor in that there doesn't seem to be any real commitment to putting a championship team on the field. It's not that Ralph is cheap - he does spend money (although usually not on coaches) - it's that somehow this organization puts up with lack of results unlike othetr teams. How many other teams tolerate what the Bills tolerate - the medicore coaching, the constant sub .500 records, the frequest misses in talent evaluation - maybe Cleveland and Jacksonville, but those aren't exactly hot destinations for top coaching and player talent, either.

Buffalo may be an attractive option of you want to break into the ranks and you don't have other options (we got Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey this way but not Jim Harbaugh) or you're looking for another chance (Jauron, Gailey) but by and large if you have other options you don't end up in Buffalo (Mario Williams being an obvious exception to that).

The Bills were able to actually interview both Shanahan and Cowher only because someone from OBD let the media think the Buffalo Bills would be paying up to 10 million for a top HC, remember that farce? Otherwise I highly doubt either even would have bothered with an interview as both already had jobs waiting for them. Shanahan with the Redskins, Cowher with CBS.

I would think Cowher would want complete autonomy to become the head coach of the Buffalo Bills, and that idea was rejected.

Nix went thru about 7 people before he hired a HC that was out of football in 09 and was fired as OC of the Chiefs two weeks before the season started in 09. There are at least 5 people that turned down an interview that I know of.I'm pretty certain that some phone calls never made it to the media due to the level of embarrassment that was occurring. The Bills were getting pretty desperate because so many assistant coaches had turned down interviews for the job.

Brian Schottenheimer, Ron Rivera, Marc Trestman, Charlie Weiss, Russ Grimm all turned down interviews. Leslie Frazier, Perry Fewell, Mike Shanhan, Bill Cowher all interviewed, and I know for a fact that Marty Schottenheimer wanted the job badly but Ralph Wilson didn't feel comfortable with him

Bills owner Ralph Wilson has a reputation for being notoriously cantankerous and micromanaging his coaches / GM. Dick Jauron stated he spent an hour on the phone every day with Wilson. Buddy Nix recently let it be known that he is also on the phone with Wilson every day. This is the real rub as to why no top coach GM wants to work in Buffalo

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/9243/in-two-months-any-bills-progress

Edited by FeartheLosing

You're crazy if you think Buffalo is as attractive a coaching/playing gig as other NFL cities. There are a lot of factors - small market, weather, etc. but you have to factor in that there doesn't seem to be any real commitment to putting a championship team on the field. It's not that Ralph is cheap - he does spend money (although usually not on coaches) - it's that somehow this organization puts up with lack of results unlike othetr teams. How many other teams tolerate what the Bills tolerate - the medicore coaching, the constant sub .500 records, the frequest misses in talent evaluation - maybe Cleveland and Jacksonville, but those aren't exactly hot destinations for top coaching and player talent, either.

Buffalo may be an attractive option of you want to break into the ranks and you don't have other options (we got Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey this way but not Jim Harbaugh) or you're looking for another chance (Jauron, Gailey) but by and large if you have other options you don't end up in Buffalo (Mario Williams being an obvious exception to that).

There's only 1 major factor... it's a well-known fact throughout pro football that the owner is a complete POS. Upgrade the ownership and you can upgrade the team.