Can we see what we have in TJ? [Tarvaris Jackson]

Clockwork

Not Graham, but Tavaris Jackson. He hasn't even been active, yet I feel there is a chance he can be an upgrade over Fitz.

Why has TJ not even given a sniff of playing time after a trade was made specifically to bring him in. More front office nonsense that I guess I'll never understand

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could Tarvaris Jackson be activated this week? One detail of the trade was a conditional draft pick. Seattle would receive a 6th round pick if Tarvaris was active for 6 or more games this year. Less than 6 games and they get a 7th rounder. With only 5 games remaining there's no chance of that any more. I'm not suggesting that he'd become the starter right away but I would like to see him be active for a game. He would at least get some practice time in our offense instead of always playing the scout team role. That should help him with his comfort in our offense. Besides, the Fitz experiment is definitely over. He rarely hits the long ball. We could've had 2 quick TD's if he could've hit Spiller and Jones. If Tarvaris could've hit just one of those the game would've been different. If we don't activate him I'm wondering why we even made this trade? They either have been holding him out to lessen the pick given up, they don't want to start a QB controversy, or he's just too dumb to learn the offense. My guess is its not the latter and I hope its not the second one. This team needs to start winning and that means playing your best players. I think Tarvaris is definitely better than Thigpen so to me this is a no brainer. Then if Fitz falters or is hurt in a game we at least have an option.

Edited by UpperDeck

i refuse to 'billieve' that the reason the Bills are out of the playoffs is on our QB's shoulders alone.... but

Realistically, who is a QB superior to Fitz that could start in Buffalo? Off the top of my head i wouldn't mind Kyle Orton or Matt Flynn.

i'm no expert on college football talent, but no one really sticks out to me this year. If we are relying on the draft to grab a QB, i would not feel very confident for 2013.

Edited by markgbe

Somebody needs to ask chan why he doesn't get enough reps. You would thing thigpen would know the offense well enough

Here's a guess: Chan never wanted Jackson here in the first place and Jackson only has 5 games left on his contract. His project is and has been Fitzpatrick in whom he has spent all his time and energy.

i refuse to 'billieve' that the reason the Bills are out of the playoffs is on our QB's shoulders alone.... but

Realistically, who is a QB superior to Fitz that could start in Buffalo? Off the top of my head i wouldn't mind Kyle Orton or Matt Flynn.

i'm no expert on college football talent, but no one really sticks out to me this year. If we are relying on the draft to grab a QB, i would not feel very confident for 2013.

You're kidding right? I would take almost any QB on any roster over Fitz. He cannot throw an accurate ball and his decision making is terrible. We are losing with him and we can damn well lose without him. Time for a change. And no it's not on his shoulders alone, but he has failed to perform in a number of winnable games including yesterday and we should have a winning record right now if we even had an average QB. He is terrible.

Somebody needs to ask chan why he doesn't get enough reps. You would thing thigpen would know the offense well enough

It's not that Tigpen knows the offense, it's the mind numbing sense that Gailey must believe that Thigpen is better than Jackson.