QB Situation

Casey D

don't say no way . he is not getting paid  big dollars to sit on his ass

192142[/snapback]

Listen, here is ALL of what I am trying to say.....Dislike Drew as you will. Hate him. Wish him death. This is NOT what I am talking about!

I am talking about JP. He MIGHT very well be good, but we do not know yet. He might also may not be a competent NFL player. It IS possible. Now do you see?

I am NOT trying to be a wiseass, so please forgive my tone if it seems so. I cannot understand planning a season around a kid who has never played. The steelers didn't even do this, nor did SD + the giants, and their guys were picked WAY before JP.

Why should the Buffalo Bills?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Plan is for a slow transition from #11 to #7 sometime during the 2005 season, then I understand it. If the Bills reach the Playoffs in 2005, they actually stand a better chance having Losman under Center. The Vet angle doesn't work with DB, since he's shown he's a proven choker in such games. The young unknown quantity is actually an improvement.

Listen, here is ALL of what I am trying to say.....Dislike Drew as you will. Hate him. Wish him death. This is NOT what I am talking about!

I am talking about JP. He MIGHT very well be good, but we do not know yet. He might also may not be a competent NFL player. It IS possible. Now do you see?

I am NOT trying to be a wiseass, so please forgive my tone if it seems so. I cannot understand planning a season around a kid who has never played. The steelers didn't even do this, nor did SD + the giants, and their guys were picked WAY before JP.

Why should the Buffalo Bills?

192151[/snapback]

he got to sit and learn this year and i would think that if he did not break his leg he would have been starting some games or replacing drew when he played like crap . rivers would have played if drew breez played like he did last year . its time to take the shot and play JP other wise we blowoff next season with an average drew and put JP in year 3 and go through another year of growing pains

>>>The young unknown quantity is actually an improvement. <<<

So I guess that we are certain that JP will be a competent qb?

As I said, the situation will play itself out, probably with an injury.

192161[/snapback]

Nope. JP is a complete unknown. Bledsoe is a known failure against good competition, a status JP has yet to achieve.

>>>The young unknown quantity is actually an improvement. <<<

So I guess that we are certain that JP will be a competent qb?

As I said, the situation will play itself out, probably with an injury.

192161[/snapback]

Tell you what Bill, we'll never find out if JP is competent if he doesn't get a chance to play.

Hell, at this point Matthews has shown me more in his brief stints in pre-season and mop-up duty that Bledsoe has during a regular game.

I'm telling you now, if we had almost ANY other QB in the Steeler game we are preparing for the playoffs right now.

Tell you what Bill, we'll never find out if JP is competent  if he doesn't get a chance to play.

Hell, at this point Matthews has shown me more in his brief stints in pre-season and mop-up duty that Bledsoe has during a regular game.

I'm telling you now, if we had almost ANY other QB in the Steeler game we are preparing for the playoffs right now.

192179[/snapback]

right on

Tell you what Bill, we'll never find out if JP is competent  if he doesn't get a chance to play.

192179[/snapback]

Are you blaming this loss on Drew? I dont.

He did not commit pass inteference on a receiver who he had covered.

He did not prepare a dumb defensive game plan.

He did not injure Villarial.

He did not fumble a punt.

He did not neglect to use Evans until it was too late. That was poor coaching.

He did not put Josh Reed on the field to kill us once again.

Again, I am sure that JP will get his chance Gav. I am just not ready to enshrine him into Canton, and refuse to discuss him as a known commodity until he gets on the field and shows something.

JP starts only if he beats out Drew--plain and simple. If at the beginning of the season he is not playing better than Drew then he doesn't start. What is so difficult about that? Drew and JP will be our QBs going into the season. I am fine with that. If Drew starts the year and is not playing well then JP comes in--not too difficult to understand.

If the Plan is for a slow transition from #11 to #7 sometime during the 2005 season, then I understand it.  If the Bills reach the Playoffs in 2005, they actually stand a better chance having Losman under Center. The Vet angle doesn't work with DB, since he's shown he's a proven choker in such games. The young unknown quantity is actually an improvement.

192153[/snapback]

True. I expect J.P., once he understands what's going on, to have a strong first campaign and a tougher second one once there is film on him.

Do you are blaming this loss on Drew? I dont.

Again, I am sure that JP will get his chance Gav. I am just not ready to enshrine him into Canton, and refuse to discuss him as a known commodity until he gets on the field and shows something.

192214[/snapback]

Yes the team did make all those mistakes, I agree there was some suspect coaching, and yet our defense STILL overcame all that and put the Bills in a position to succeed. Problem is not only could we not count on our QB to make a play, our QB can almost always be counted on to make a boneheaded play at the wrong time. Giving up a turnover to lose this game isn't an isolated incident, it happened against New England and probably others as well.

You want to stay with mediocrity and you will get mediocrity. Me, I'd rather take a chance that something better is out there.

9-3 with 4 road wins was OK, no?

Also, should the jests bench Pennington? Even Drew could beat the rams.

192218[/snapback]

Drew threw a few good passes aduring that winning streak. I believe our ST's and Defense were much bigger factors during the 6 game streak. The issue is winning games against superior teams, ala Steelers, Pats etc.

Sunday was our playoff game, at home against many backup players. Drew failed miserably. If we had won, 3 Road playoff games were awaiting us, if the SB is indeed the goal. Chances of him and the Bills running the table... Zero.

Sullivans comments today were dead on. It's not ALL him but the QB position must be upgraded with a lineup change at some point next season. Quite often, the flow of the game falls in the QB's lap, which means he MUST make some plays on his own.

DB can't do that anymore.

192214[/snapback]

You forgot one of the most important things. He didn't miss the EASY field goal either..... ;)

You forgot one of the most important things. He didn't miss the EASY field goal either..... ;)

192244[/snapback]

How true. Was that the drive on which Denney had a stupid penalty?

Also, it didn't look like Kelsay's flag had any impact on that return, but it cost them what, 40 yards? :doh:

192214[/snapback]

I think the point is that we expected to stop blaming Bledsoe for losses (deserved or not) and crediting him for wins by now.

The no-300-yard-games in 30 games is a pretty crushing stat that shows that Bledsoe is not winning these games for us.

Nope. JP is a complete unknown. Bledsoe is a known failure against good competition, a status JP has yet to achieve.

192164[/snapback]

On the money. So the next time some one wants to post the ever witty..."If not Drew, then who?" lame ass DB fluffer excuse, the correct response is "JP Losman, that's who"!!

I think the point is that we expected to stop blaming Bledsoe for losses (deserved or not) and crediting him for wins by now.

The no-300-yard-games in 30 games is a pretty crushing stat that shows that Bledsoe is not winning these games for us.

192261[/snapback]

He had a 300 yard game last year against Jax.

He came close a couple more times last year and this year.

In 2002 he had 400 yard games against Min, Oak

and 300 against Chi, NE (2X), Mia

So in 3 years he has had 7 300+ games. Other than Mannings and Culpepper who else has had that many in 3 years? You might be surprised at how few do.

Quick edit:

Brady has had 7 and Favre has had 9 over that period. Again facts folks.

Another edit. Mcnabb has had 7, Vick had only 1.

Edited by VABills

don't say no way . he is not getting paid  big dollars to sit on his ass

192142[/snapback]

Actually, as long as he's sitting on his ass, he won't get big dollars. JP's contract is incentive-laden. His overall base contract is $7.7M over five years, with incentives making it worth as much as $24M. You don't reach incentives by sitting on your ass. He'll be making $300K in base salary, as opposed to the $3.3M that Bledsoe would be for doing the same.