Moore , Merriman Please

T master

+1.

Carrington gets a decent push and is a threat to bat away a few passes. For the few reps he gets he is solid. Why he should be replaced at seasons' end is beyond me.

Are you serious? Teams have GASHED us up the middle all season long, (except for Miami) and we are 31st at stopping the run!! Sure are LB's suck bigtime. But what has Carrington done to warrant continuing to be in the D line rotation? I see no upside to his game, no constant motor like Kyle Williams, no explosiveness.. I just don't see it. I think we certainly can do better with our third DT than Alex Carrington.

Kelsay needs to go. The line magically looks better every time he gets injured. Same thing happened last season. Coincidence?

Agree. Will never in a million years understand why they extended his contract a few years ago, and why he continues to hang around here.

Edited by Azucho98

Are you serious? Teams have GASHED us up the middle all season long, (except for Miami) and we are 31st at stopping the run!! Sure are LB's suck bigtime. But what has Carrington done to warrant continuing to be in the D line rotation? I see no upside to his game, no constant motor like Kyle Williams, no explosiveness.. I just don't see it. I think we certainly can do better with our third DT than Alex Carrington.

So the train wreck that is our defense is on Carrington? Nobody on that defense had a clue on where to be and what to do. How the Hell do you figure the third DT was gonna save this mess when the starter - supposed to be stud - was doing squat? C'mon. These next several games will helop tell the tale. They seem to be starting to have a clue.

Agree. Will never in a million years understand why they extended his contract a few years ago, and why he continues to hang around here.

Kelsay makes no waves, so he's here. He's never been better than adequate. But, His brown nosing Edwards coaching reputation after the Broncos game last year was nauseating. Exactly what the FO needed at the time.

Kelsay had better not take any of Moore's snaps. Merriman had a couple of nice plays but the jury's still out on him IMO. I'd play Moore 50% of the time and split the remaining reps on rushing downs between Kelsay and Merriman. When Anderson get's back we'll see how everybody is playing and figure it out from there but honestly Anderson didn't really impress me that much earlier this year.

While I did not study the film or anything, the players in last week seemed to not have problems with players being out of place causing bush to be a superstar like it has been all season. For me watching the game live did not make it look like they were a top 10 ten defense or anything, they did not however didn't look like the worst rush defense like that had been every other game so far. So its too early to tell as it was only one game. It did look better with the new talent on the line.

Edited by mikey98277

Since the Bills brought Merriman back & Anderson & Kelsay went down they have had to put Moore & Merriman in the line up to get more snaps & last week it showed the 2 have made a difference .

I thought Merriman was brought back as an insurance policy or a player to fill the void until Anderson came back & then would be cut , but so far i think he is playing better than Anderson was , If he continues this week to get better with increased reps i think the 2 should stay where they are .

Kelsay may get some reps this week but i would bring him in slow if for nothing else to see if the new tandem continues to do better than the others did & if so the needed boost in our D to get to the playoffs may be welcome not to say needed .

Then there is the deal when Anderson does come back who will be let go if that is something that will need to be done ? If these guys are doing better than the starters were who do you keep who do you sit ??

What do you all think ??

Remember when we had all those injuries and no depth? Keep every good player you can

I agree that Carrington is not the greatest contributor but I don't see how he automaticly has to go in the offseason. If there's a clear upgrade in the offseason to supplant him, sure, do it, but why create another hole in the roster? He's excellent on special teams. blocking FGs and in KOs paired with McIntire in the wedge.

Spencer Jonhnson should be the one thinking about job security, he's the veteran that should be contributing paired with someone like Dareus or KW. Very dissapointed with his play this year, to tell you the thruth I would prefer to see a younger kid right now (Gilbert or Ross are in the PS), they would bring a different energy to the rotation, maybe one of the two is the next Kyle Moore.

But what has Carrington done to warrant continuing to be in the D line rotation? I see no upside to his game, no constant motor like Kyle Williams, no explosiveness.. I just don't see it. I think we certainly can do better with our third DT than Alex Carrington.

Wow. I've been real pleased with Carrington.

He's continued to improve steadily and is a physical beast.

We're seeing a very different player I guess.

I would rotate Mario, Kelsay, Moore and Anderson on the D line. With of course Dareus and K Williams. Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington have brought absolutely nothing to the team this year on Defense. And both need to be replaced after this season. (I know a lot of posters seem to hold out hope that Carrington has some upside-I personally don't see it. He is slow, unathletic, and certainly not a difference maker) And I would put Merriman somewhere on the line or at outside LB. I would have him rush the passer from the outside LB position. He is probably a little stiff and slow at this point to drop into coverage. But coming in off of the edge w Mario Anderson/Kelsay Moore and a DT makes for a nice 5 man rush. (wouldn't it be nice if we actually blitzed more than 2-3 times per game?)

I agree that Carrington has been almost invisible this year. But to be fair, he did make all the difference with his partially blocked field goal attempt at Arizona in week 6. And also agreed about the blitzing. You notice good things usually happen on the plays when we do blitz?